April 2022 TUT/TECH Challenge

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Tut-Tech-Challenge.jpg

The Campus is the perfect place to learn more about photo editing, various techniques, or PSP in general.

This challenge will give you an opportunity to practice some of those techniques or use some tools.

This month's Tut/Tech Challenge about creating your own gradient. You can follow the tutorial HERE. Show us what color palette you used or what photo you based your new gradient on. Then, use that gradient in a project.

It will be a great way to practice creating a new gradient that you might use and reuse later. And if you want to share it, send me the .pspgradient file and I can bundle all the new gradients for everyone to download at the end of the month.

Playing with Gradients.  Yellow to Green, Yellow to Red, Magenta to Blue with 6 total stops on each one.  The two end Hues are 100 % strength while the 4 stops between are the hues that take you from one side to the other.  Then I added a texture effect to them to play around with.  These are quite bright as I was playing with pure hues and not tints, shades or tones which would make them less YOWZA on the eyes.  If I have time tomorrow I will try doing it from a photo.  This is fun to play with.

Pirkko  what tool did you use to extract the dog? After you make the selection, with any Selection tool, there should be a button in the toolbar called "Refine Brush". It will open a window that will allow you to tweak the edge of the selection.

Mary, that is a nice and soft gradient!

Susan, glad to see you having fun with gradients combined with other tools and commands.

Sue, you certainly have a lot of photos of various creatures to base a lot of gradients!

Guest Guest
The original picture taken with the old cell phone wasn’t very sharp, so tool 'Refine Brush wasn’t very useful, but then I tried to change the Gradient. Actually I reversed the Gradient From MenuBar - Image - Negative Image ...  Better - isn't it :)

I had fun creating this 2 gradients to be seen as Current and Previous in the screenprint. I took the colors from the photo of an azalea I had last autumn. I played a bit with the green gradient,  one vertical and one as a sunburst with more repeats. Then I used the blend mode to overlay to get this muted effect. The frame has the pink gradient with an inner bevel.

This photo is from 2009. This is the neighbor's cat who came to visit us regularly.

I selected colors from the photo to create the gradient. Green from the eyes of the cat, green from the leaves, two shades of gray from the fur, and pink from the ears.

Background filled with this gradient and 2x Ghausian blur applied to it. Noise applied to the bottom layer, texture to the top.

Carole's corner punches, for photo editing Lab 10 Module 5, Photo Cutout

The Wordart is a free download, but I don't remember from where.