What are you working on (in April 2022)?

Cassel

Date-04-2022.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in April, be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save in jpg format before posting it.

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.

if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyways).

if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!

if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get a better quality image than the resized image anyways.

This layout is for the scraplift challenge april 2022 but I can't find the forum so I'm posting it here. Pirkko did a beautiful layout for the March Template Workshop and inspired me to play with the kaleidoscope and create some patterns from the most colorful pic in this layout. Pirkko also took some of the kaleidoscope pattern to make an element and I tried to do the same. That was such a cool idea, Pirkko!

I researched how to make a gradient from a picture and so the gradient paper is mine, the kaleidoscope paper at the background is mine and so are the elements I gathered from the pattern. I also played with the hue map which you told us about in the last workshop, Carole. It is not simple, but now I know how to play with it. Don't remember what font I used for the title, but I inner beveled it as well as giving it a shadow.

Time for my April Big Cat Calendar. I used one of the lions from my template workshop. All the big cat photos I use are from a calendar my daughter gave me. I used the photo to make a kaleidoscope background. I re-colored the calendar graphic and added a white border and then applied inner bevel.

I know I haven't shared anything in a while. I've been in a slump and the game has been repeating themes from 2015. So I've pretty much been reusing my old pics. (For any newbies, I have a gaming group on FB and the game gives us a new theme every day.) Anyway, here's a new one: I included the original illustration by Bec Winnel. The lens distortion effect is one I've never used so I had fun playing around with it. Any and all constructive comments are always welcome.

I've been following along with the blog and I'm enjoying everyone's projects.

Marie-Claire, I've never made my own flair button, but after seeing how pretty yours is, I'm going to have to start.

Mary, I love playing around with the kaleidoscope tool. It's like Forrest Gump's mom said, "You never know what you're going to get." When I find one I really like, I save it. It's wonderful to see the same effect on different pics.

Guest Guest

well... we got more snow...

but the Spring shall come, I'm sure :)

I used one scrap-page by background - almost every detal are made from photo of rabbit (by me) and the embellishments are from pixel-scrapper

the words (in Finnish) are from an old children's song. It tells of a hare that became sick and the the kids wonder why it didn’t jump anymore