Scrap Bootcamp - April 2022

Cassel

Happy Easter (or long weekend, or whatever you celebrate)!

Ann (#75370) they do look like some beads that I had linked to in the past! (#75387) Beautiful eggs.

Suzanne (#75381) you are doing great with the projects. You used the shadows correctly too. That is such a cool photo!

Alan (#75397) those Indian weddings are so colorful. I attended a cousin's wedding like that and it was a special experience (I was even treated to some henna too). You used very accurate light and shadows. (#75446) Good sizing of the photos on the bottom. Did you use the guides as in the tutorial?

Sharla (#75414) keep us posted on the pears adventure! Crossing fingers that they will flourish!

Nel (#75416) your shadows are better. Make sure that the offset is negative (and zero if you add the "reversed shadow"). With practice, you will find the exact values for your shadows. (#75423) Those shadows are much more realistic!! It is ok if you don't follow the same theme. And if you are stuck about the language, you can always ask in here. I am sure we have some people who can answer and explain in your language. (and I fixed your funny looking text).

Teri (#75431) glad to hear you are doing well. Any surgery is challenging, in whatever way it is. Take it easy though! Happy to see that you caught the shadows!

Anne (#75433) just like kids, it does not take much to keep them busy! You might want to add some larger shadows on the walnuts as they are likely bigger than the thickness of paper.

We have a lot of registrants who have not posted a single project yet. It is not too late. And remember that if you post your projects, you will be eligible for great prizes!

Project 2, or projecy 2 because I see that is what I named it ;)  Yes, it is getting late where I am, and I am tired, and I am trying not to get too far behind....so I present projecy 2...

I used a kit by Jan Clark, from a Jan 2021 blog train. The journaling font is caller Little Bear.

If I want to make several elements the same size, like these 'snowflowers', is there a way to do that? I just eyeballed it, so I resized until they looked the same.

I have uploaded two of my projects for Day 7.  The difference is the background paper, one a tone, one a tint of green. It sure changes the "feel", one low key and muted, the other bright and cheery.  Everything else is the same and yet side-by-side they look different (eg. the yellow flower looks brighter in the tint background.  Even the blue, the plaid and the butterfly look different, yet they are all the same).   The photo's are mine (my cat girlz, Sumi and Saya, not long after adoption 3 yrs ago, Sumi's tummy is still bare from her spaying).  Title font is Adellia Heart and the quote font is Mykilove both from Creative Fabrica.  The papers and elements from Digital Scrapbook.

Here is my first project, it's always so good to revisit the Bootcamp, you just forget so much if you don't keep doing it.  I'm having a bit of trouble though with downloading the free kits, they always seem to want me to pay for them.

For this project I used a Christmas kit I bought a couple of years ago, but I can't find any beads to add.

This is my granddaugter Emily.

Linda (#75449) to answer your question, yes, you can use guides to make the element of the same size (you will actually see that technique in the next lesson).

Susan (#75453) glad to see you are experimenting with those background papers. That is something you can definitely do with PSP.

Jean (#75455) welcome back. Your heart candy can probably have a larger shadow as I think it is a little thicker than the other elements. (#75457) Some of those shortcuts are often forgotten. Many people actually don't use them; I wonder why.

Liz (#75462) is that a windmill that you have visited? (#75472) For the middle image, you might want to consider straightening it especially due to the edge of the wall being so close to the edge of the photo.

Suzanne (#75464) glad to see you resized the photos without distortion.

The daffodil season seemed to last many weeks this year with the white daffodils continuing long after most of the yellow ones. The photos were taken on a local walk.

All papers and elements from digitalscrapbook.com: The glitter is from the Purple & Green Glitters Kit, most of the rest is from Lisel Rice April blog train kit and the star paper is from Brrr mini by Gina Jones

Running behind. I took time out to have my cataracts removed. Now I can see! Here's my Project #3. Photos I took in my yard last year. I used the Paint-to-Target tool to change the color on the bottom flower. I like how it preserves the texture from underneath, so it looks very realistic.

Day 9 project 4:  I sold all my girls last year in July soon after my husband entered Hospice. I miss their antics but it was too much work on top of everything else.

I used a photo I took for the background with 52 % opacity. I used the kit that Carole suggested for the other elements. Couldn't get my zig zag edge to work so skipped it.

It's funny the little tips and tricks that you forget!

Project 3, not really sure what day, I have lost track, and I know I am running a bit behind. Spring has been very slow in my area. Just today, we had wind and snow showers off and on thru the day....sigh....it IS April 19 on my calendar....and I am ready for nicer days. So I will wait.

Cassel - I should have remembered the guides!

And does the sandwich count as a Project?

Pirkko (#75480), that is a very interesting way to use the three photos at the bottom!

Nel (#75486), great page for your album. Keep it up!

Sharla (#75490), that is great. May I suggest you reduce the shadow on the embellished A because the tiny lines look like they are off the paper when there is an obvious "gap" between the line and its shadow?

Theresa (#75492), welcome to the bootcamp. Even if you are starting late, you should have time to catch up. Looking forward to your projects.

Ann (#75504), I am a bit puzzled. Looking at the shadows, the striped paper LOOKS like it has also a striped shadow. Is that just an optical illusion or something related to the resizing or do you see the same thing?

Alan (#75527), I love those footsteps as they look like dirty boot marks! Perfect for the theme!

Sandy (#75531), Linda replied before me. Copy the tablecloth (Ctrl-C), then on the sandwich image, activate the bottom layer and paste as a new layer (Ctrl-V). Then, you will only have to slide the layer by one, if there is something under the tablecloth layer. Remember that in the Layers palette, you can slide layers by one, or by more; just hold it, slide it toward the bottom, and it should scroll by itself.

Teri (#75532), we'll figure out the pinked edges tomorrow.

Linda (#75537), to answer your question, the projects are numbered (1 to 5) so the sandwich is a practice but not a project.

Keep them coming!

Here is my 3rd project.  These photos are from way back in 2016.  I used elements from the kit Go for the Medal, it is a free kit from Sweet Shoppe designs that I just downloaded today.  The font I used for Calisthenics was Vanilla Cream Cursive which I probably downloaded from Creative Fabrica but I can't really remember, it sort of looks like ribbons and I thought was appropriate for Calisthenics.