Scrap Bootcamp - April 2022

Cassel

Hi Susanne, I used a script called "Edge Punches A" listed under the Brushes heading at Creation Cassel. Today,  to celebrate  her birthday, Carole has it on offer  for a mere $2.50. Too good an offer to miss. There is an accompanying video which explains clearly how to use the script. . Alan

Hi all

My project 5 - the photo is one of mine of a statue in my garden. Papers from Sharon Dewi Stolp Family Day Solid Papers Kit. Flower from Rachel Martin's Alira kit. Frame from Rachel Martin's Natalia frames kit.

Carole - Happy Birthday for yesterday and thanks for the shop discount.

Here is my day 5 project, although I haven't written any journaling yet.  As always, I spend so much time trying to pick suitable papers to suit a photo that by the time I decide on something I am getting a bit stressed.  Stupid I know.

This is my other granddaugter Bella, so I've now done a page on all four.  I don't think the yellow looks right, but so far I haven't found a paper that looks better.

The kit I have used is a sweet shoppe designs freebie called Zip a Dee that I got a couple of years ago, I like it for Bella, she is a pink girl.

I might have another go at this.

Pirkko (#75645) yes, we can now read the text.

Nel (#75654) great work. I love how you used a different shape than the rectangle. And the result is fantastic.

Suzanne (#75663) nice photo. I see a rainbow button in the title, correct?

Teri (#75679) it is a good thing you named your project with the number because I would not have been able to identify it. The main reason I strongly suggest following at least loosely the tutorials is to be able to keep track of the projects, mainly for the random draw.

Liz (#75682) it is definitely easier to read the title now!

Sandy (#75692) glad to see you work on the projects now that lunch is over ;) You will need to add shadows now, on the photo and the hearts too. I am curious; what supplies did you use? Is it something that you recently downloaded?

Sharla (#75703) it is nice when you added those details to the squares. It makes a statement!

Linda (#75781) because the paper is a little busy, try to add a faint and blurred "shadow" behind your text. It won't be an actual shadow but will act as a way to separate the text from the paper. Other tips are in this article.

Jean (#75794) with a little practice, you can find ways to change the colors. If you still want yellow but it is too bright, you can tweak that. If you want a different color than yellow, you can also change that. That is the beauty of understanding more tools in your program.

If you are still working on your projects, remember that tomorrow is the last day to post them to be entered in the random draw.

I followed all the tutorials in the bootcamp and really appreciated your clear demonstrations, Carole -- thanks so much! It has been a busy couple of weeks as we brought home a new puppy in early March, and we have had some family visits. So, I am just uploading one page for which I played around with different elements and shadows.

Sandy - Rookie

Still getting used to this. Had some fun with storytelling and posting Jim's fishing adventures.  I could have added the pic of his ashes floating away in the Coral Sea, but I thought it would be a bit morbid and not at all fitting with his sense of fun...happy and positive to the end!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...