Scrap Bootcamp - April 2022

Cassel

Finally got to do Project #1 - this is First Day of (Pre) School featuring my son-in-law, Ernie and my great-grand, Sonya. This just happened last week. Sonya will be two at the end of June. The title font is Bauhaus and the rest is from various unlabeled kits. I know the girl reading the books is from a kit called 1-2-Buckle-My-Shoe. The background paper is from Marisa Lerin Good Life May 21.

Here is my page for Day 5 Project 2.  I did two colors as I am trying to use lighter/brighter colors and I always go dark.  This is one of my cat girlz Saya, pronounced Si-ah.  The papers and elements are from Digital Scrapbook.  The drop shadow on the black cat has a reduced opacity so it would show up.  I used a drop shadow on the paw print as if it was a thick paper as it looks like a button on a cover weight paper and would cast a shadow accordingly.  the paw print came with it's own shadow.  The title font is Nomaden (Creative Fabrica), and green one has an inner bevel and a bit more of a drop shadow as it looks like it's a thicker puffy letter.  I didn't shadow the paw prints on the bottom border because it's meant to be ink, a nod to my other cat girl Sumi who seems to appear from nowhere when we paint, resulting in a painted black cat.  I am leaning toward the green background.  I will have to go back and fix the end 'A' as there is a spacing issue that I meant to fix and forgot.

Really nice pages from everyone.  Inspirational and motivating for me.  ?

Nel (#75322) I would suggest you make your shadows with less blur so they will be more defined. A blurred shadow makes the title a bit harder to read, and we really want to read it! :)

Anne (#75325) I love how you put those birds all over the place, behind, on top, etc.

Ann (#75336) although those multicolored elements are "supposed" to be tiny beads, on your layout, they look like Fruit Loops (maybe you can add some noise to them to give them that cereal texture?)

Sharla (#75342) are those birds in your backyard?

Alan (#75348) good catch about the shadow on the doe. You are getting a keener eye now!

Teri (#75354) I hope you are doing ok after the surgery. How did it go? I assume it is a pretty big surgery. Hopefully, this sandwich is going to give you more strength! (#75358) That baby looks so awake!

Susan (#75359) that is a great explanation of all your reasoning for the various decisions you made regarding shadows, bevels and such. I am sure everyone is learning from those.

Pirkko (#75362) I love those two takes on the lesson. That thin uneven frame is delicate and adds a great touch on the page.

Sandy (#75366) that is a good start. Maybe the tablecloth is just in the laundry and you might add it later (if you keep a pspimage format)

Pirrko, I really like your pages.  the texture on your background paper/papers is really interesting and makes it look like a painting.

Sandy, I was just like you.  I had PSP for about 3 years and almost gave up on it until I came across the Bootcamp and thought I'd try one more time.  I'm almost a year into learning PSP.  You will get there, and this is the best place to be.  You will get help from everyone.  And I have never seen a question/issue that Carole couldn't answer.  I am looking forward to seeing your pages.

Carole, you said: "Ann (#75336) although those multicolored elements are “supposed” to be tiny beads, on your layout, they look like Fruit Loops (maybe you can add some noise to them to give them that cereal texture?)."

Actually, they are Fruit Loops, according to the file name in my stash. :-D It says: "eyeinspire_fruitloop_scatter"

I did add the noise you suggested.

Susanne Greth: Nice job! Your color scheme is dear to my heart. It must be my Scandinavian genes! ;-)

Here is my Project 2 - My husband and I would go to Pine Island, which is part of Warwick, NY, where we lived for 40 years, to visit Polish friends on Easter morning. Sophie was a village elder and would make us chew raw horseradish with our hard-boiled egg. (blech!) The eggs were beautiful, though.

I got these eggs from the Lamus Dworski Blog

They are very similar to what Sophie had on her Easter table.

The frame is from my .pspframe stash and I changed the color using the Paint to Target tool. My headline font is Wide Latin and the rest is Cooper Black. The horseradish is from pngegg.com and the bunnies are Corel Easter clipart 2021. The background paper is from a kit called AFT-Life-Montage.

Hi all - am loving all your lovely projects.

Ann your easter eggs brought back memories - my parents were Polish and painting eggs at Easter time was an annual ritual.

Pirkko - I love the colour schemes with the pup and lake

Carole my previous photo was from near to home - the birds in my garden rarely sit still long enough for me to get any decent photographs and when they do I never have my camera with me!

The photo in project 2 is some pear blossom in my garden. Really hoping the frosts have passed because last year we had some late ones and the pears failed. I used bits from the kits Carole gave links for. The pears are some clip art I already had.

Project 2 My puppy had a blast taking that walnut up the collapsed lounge chair and watching it roll down over and over again.  I used that background paper because I wanted something light with muted colors.  The paper square colors were from the walnut and grass.and the text colors were from dog's ear and the walnut.