Anyone from eastern Europe?

Cassel

Based on the map we have of members, nobody has "placed" themselves in those critical areas. However, it does not mean that some lurkers are not there. Furthermore, some members might have some ties, some friends or relatives in those areas.

If you are affected by these events, directly or indirectly, know that we are thinking of you.

I live in Finland. Russia is our eastern neighbor. Many of us are very concerned about the current situation ...

Thank you for your comforting words :)

Thank you for your comforting words. I am at ease for the Bible's promise of a good future, so that there will be no war at all and no one will be homeless or sick - Revelation 21: 3, 4

Although I live in Western Europe we are very concerned that the war will not stop at Ukraine and will reach all of Europe if NATO gets involved. If one of the Nato members - which Ukraine is not - is attacked, it is considered an attack on all (art. 5 of the pact). There are many people here who have family, friends and business partners there, so we follow the news and we have never ever thought that there would be another war in Europe again. I sincerly hope that this will stop soon without more fighting and casualties on both sides but I fear for the worst scenario.

It is so kind of Carole to express her empathy in these posts. While my parents came from other parts of eastern Europe, long ago, I have so much DNA from that area (I do genealogy) that it affects my thoughts and my heart as well. A democracy being attacked by a dictator...it is just unfathomable. And nothing is being done...just a lot of talk and foot stomping.

I live in a neighboring country  of Corrie, and just like them, we are also afraid that it would escalate further. It is now also rumored that nuclear weapons would be used. I just saw on news that people have already started getting iodine tablets from the pharmacist.  I am also afraid that this will not end well

I'm frightened for my friends in Europe and angry that this has come to pass. We, in the US, are also members of NATO so we will also be involved if it escalates that far. The last I read the Ukrainians are sitting down to peace talks and also, kicking butt! My prayers are with them.