Quick Page Workshop - Feb 2022

Cassel

QPWorkshop-Preview-400.jpg

First of all, come and say HI once you register for this workshop.

We want to know who else will be there, on our side to encourage us.

Every page we will make will be different, based on each others' photos, stories, and preferences but we can all get inspired by everyone's projects.

Once the workshop is started, on February 14th, you can post your pages in here.

Make sure to resize your image to 600 pixels before uploading it so it won't slow down the site when we have all those pages.

Remember that each page should not take you longer than 5 minutes to complete.

(if you missed the registration link or if you want to invite a friend to join you, HERE it is).

Who is going to be doing their FIRST digital scrapbook pages?

I did my first Quick Page today. For once, I felt quite competent. The steps involved are things I've used for a while. I can't wait until I get a challenge that stumps me! (That shouldn't take long ;-)) I don't have a large collection of pix, so I have to work with the ones I have. I don't think the image matches the feel of the QP, but hey!

Quick Page Workshop 1. I used the Valentine Cat graphic from Creative Fabrica, added pink background from Digital Scrapbooking (Janet Scott) . resized the scale to make the background lighter. Added Sheila font with glyphs from Creative Fabrica and applied drop shadow. Used Cassel's confetti script to create heart scatters in top corners.. Then I changed Hue and Saturation (which I learned in an earlier workshop) to make graphic and template blend well. Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

Quick Page Workshop 1-Extra: I used one of my garden pictures showing the Texas Star Hibiscus. Despite its name, Texas Star Hibiscus (Hibiscus coccineus) is not a Texas Native, though it is native to North America. A vigorous perennial hardy in Zones 6-11, it produces large, star-shaped, white, or bright red flowers that bloom from late spring into fall. It grows 4-6 feet tall x 3-4 feet wide on average but can get larger. Font is Chandiluna from Creative Fabrica, I duplicated vector  layer converted to raster and added inner bevel.

My very first Quick Page.  An image from a very small pond near my house when I lived in Chilliwack, BC.  It is on a flight path for many geese as was our house (so lucky!).  This tiny pond that took only 10 minutes to walk around and saw well over 800 geese stop by every morning to spend the day before taking off for the nearby farm fields.   My husband and I and a random stranger always arrive close to their take-off time and we attempted to count the groups as they left the pond.  We stopped counting after 800!  There is also quite a variety of other water fowl too.  I really miss living there.

Julie, that is the goal of using Quick-Pages: very few steps and tools are needed so it makes things simpler.

Anita, interesting way to tweak your page. Good idea.

Bonnie, that is a great way to customize the generic page by adding letters to the banners.

Jean, the colors of the photo match the page perfectly!

Trish, you also found a photo with the same colors as the page.

Anne L., if you want to add letters on the banners, you might want to rotate them slightly, to match the angle of each banner.

Randy, that is such a nice flower.

Linda, a black and white photo stands out well on such a colorful page.

Euka, my first reaction was to wonder if those were your pets in the backyard!

Mary, yikes, 600% would definitely not fit!

Susan, such a cute photo. You will see, quick-pages can be a very useful supply for showcasing photos.

Nana, it was an incorrect URL in the email. Did you receive the correction email afterward?

Here's my extra QP (thank you Carole).  Not from Sardis pond.  This guy/gal is from the Vancouver Game Farm, which is of course in Abbotsford, BC and not in Vancouver at all.  Makes perfect sense, right?  About 40 minutes from where I lived in Chilliwack, we'd pack up a dinner and go and sit and watch the antics of the lemurs.  They had an enclosure with very tall trees.  I use the word enclosure loosely because there was no fence, just a moat around the trees.  Apparently they don't like water, and we were surprised they just didn't climb up high and jump to a tree on the outside of the moat.  They were so much fun to watch.