What are you working on (February 2022)?

Cassel

Carole, I thought the Webinar was mix and match, where different types of elements were merged , this one I used a backdrop photo which I reduced (see image), all the elements where from different souces, cartoon, kit, png site, textures came from another png site as did the road, greenery from another as did the sky

Trish, the idea was to "mix elements that match". I wanted to point out various details that made elements match or mismatch if you want something realistic. Of course, if one wants some other style, things won't have to match!

On a walk a couple of weeks ago I noticed something yellow at the border of a small parking lot and went to investigate. It was a Gorse (Gaspeldoorn) and due to the extremely mild winter we have, it was already in bloom! This plant has very sharp spiky leaves and needs  poor and dry soil. Without the bright yellow flowers it is nondescript.

I used the Honeymoon template and made a background with to metallic papers from Inky Deals with different blendmodes, I tried until I got something that more or less resembles a parking surface. The font is Star Bright.

I was working on the latest lab and I put a photo of my mother and father's wedding in the tattered frame. Besides following Carole's instructions, I added a texture to the frame. I added another frame that I can't remember where I got it or perhaps it's a script.. if anyone knows where it came from, that would be nice! Used Carole's clip to it script. (one of my favorites) added names and date.

Our Weather Channels keeps saying snow is on it way, so inspired me to make  this one.  Started with 3 backdrop layers, each faded  and blended layered on a snow and icicle layers, added animals, a fence from stock and people. making them to scale Added more snow laayers and blended added glows to lights, and swatchs to accents to sky, snow and reflection from light, added texture and drop shadow

It's there because I forgot to cut the frame,  the flowers are on a background paper and I couldn't be bothered to lift it as I did the top bunch, , Cutting the frame would have been the easiest but as I said, I forgot. Do you want to slap my wrist?.  it was just a quicky if you need to pick Ann I thought you would have said you couldn't read the writing which is attached to the mask, Perhaps I should have picked the paper with the pink flowers then that would have solved that problem, or I could have erased it from the mask and wrote another on a new layer, but as I said it was a quicky, its a picture, I don't presume to be a perfectionist, are you. Hope this answers the problem, I apologise if anyone else has a problem with this quicky picture.  LOL, it took longer to explain this to Ann than it did to make it.  I have answered your other question regarding your query about my use of a spoon on the other page, I thought that was common knowledge, but we learn something new every day.  Perhaps I might go back and pick up my mistakes at a later date Ann or perhaps you could try it and see if you can do it better.

Trish, don't be too hard on Ann for finding those details. I guess it means that I have taught you all quite well about realism (my fault), and I have to admit I still hit my head when I see details I forget. Often, I need a break to see those otherwise, I am just too close to my work to see the obvious. It is always easier to see those details with fresh eyes!

I also wanted to say how much I love learning about other traditions. It is always so interesting to discover them. Maybe, someday, we can find a way to make scrapbook pages about our own local traditions. They seem so obvious (and ordinary) for us, but a delight to read for others.

Sorry Carole, whenever Ann she speaks to me it is always a picky remark, I am sitting here in pain this morning, hands are shaking this was just a quicky to try to take my mind of it, I can always see errors in my work, but I do them for the enjoyment not for the perfection. I enjoy being told of errors, and suggestions it makes me better next time.  Was thinking of putting up that pipe mask for others to give it a try. What group do I post it on.

Trish: I apologize if I sound "picky" with any of my suggestions. I shouldn't be such a perfectionist about anyone else's work but my own. I'm sorry. Thank you for the info on the spoon. I always like to read about traditions new to me. I do hope you get some relief for the pain you are enduring. That would stress me, also.