What are you working on (in November 2021)?

Cassel

Date-11-2021.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in November, be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save in jpg format before posting it.

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.

if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyways).

if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!

if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get better quality than on a resized image anyways.

I know the calendars were started last month, but I only now finished my other 2. In the end it was a lot of work, especially the embellishments and backgrounds because I want them to be fitting to the month. I now have to give them a last check and then I can print them, that will take some time too. I'll upload some of each calendar and as Annie always says: thanks for taking a peak.

Inspired by the diamond in the center of Cassel's freebie, I decided to create a series of masks using the diamond shape.  Also inspired by Michelle who uses multiple copies of the same picture in some of her layouts (thanks for the inspiration, Michelle), I used multiple copies of the diamond mask and the same photo of the prairie I took on one of my trips.  The result is shown here.  I learned a few things about masks, creating brushes, creating shapes also.  The backgrounds are mine and I used the texture effect shades on the light blue one.  For the elements:  the butterfly is a colorized version of one in ML's Pretty things kit and the grasses are from PSBT-July DBMagnolia.  The font is a PSP one using the dark blue of the bottom background paper.  This was a load of fun and a great learning experience - thanks Cassel and Michelle for the inspirations - thank you Cassel for your great teaching on all aspects of PSP!  (I had to stop on the video - at least for a few days)

On a completely different note, here's what I did with Cassel's Fanned Photo Collage freebie from a few years ago (it has a corresponding a script). I knew I would eventually find the perfect project for it. I found a bunch of random pics through Google and the font is Alex Brush.

Thanks Susan and Michelle... I do find the diamond slat script fascinating.

We are on the road so most of the time I don't have an opportunity or a connection to do much. We did buy a hot spot at Best Buy yesterday. Seems to work pretty well. The little box was $50  and it is pay as you go, so you can choose your 30 day plan.

I haven't been able to work on the scripting class but I will catch up when we settle someplace for a longer period of time. We expect to be in Pahrump, Nevada for 2 months. I signed up for the Scrap by Number...We'll see how that goes.

Take care

Lynda

Beautiful work from all of you and I have put the Diamond Slat script on my wishlist, which is growing by the week! Lynda nice to see you here again, have a safe roadtrip!

I will give the freebie with the slats a go after I'm finished with printing all my calendars. One is done now and looks great! I will have to buy some cardboard or very thick paper for the back and see if the printshop can do a spiral binding for me.

Bonnie, Michele great use of that template from this month's Lab. I was wondering what to do with it and I still have no idea, but I have enough other thing going for X-mas. I have made some snowglobes from the Christmas 4 masterclass. I have used one for the Freebie Challenge and will use the others probably one cards, I had a lot of fun making them. Thanks to Carole for that masterclass!