Up-to-date Challenge - 2022

Cassel

Here is my October 2022 page. Only 2 more to go and the cover. The Picture is from a Halloween graphic I found on Google some time ago.  As I was working on it, Natasha wanted to be included. So, why not, I thought let's see what we can do. Then I used another picture of her to place in the extra space on the left. Instead of the rectangle, I used the eclipse feathered a bit and adjusted brightness and contrast. I used the Carolina font again for the letter O and BellMT for the rest.

There is so much work done by everybody and by far to much to comment individual, but it is again a great succes this calendar challenge. Well done to all!

For me it's all coming together now and here are the first pages of two calendars, I'm working parallel now because some of the embellishments are the same.

The first 3 are for the calendar of my village Etten-Leur with embellishments fitting for the photo or the time of the year. I make a birthday calendar with the same photos and backgrounds but with lines to write the birthdays on. I'll do those when all the rest is finished, because that's easy to make.

The second 2 are of the wild flowers I have often featured here in other projects. That calendar will go to Switzerland. To those of you who understand German, I know that I should have used capitals in my text, but in Switzerland they are neglecting that themselves, so I feel free to do the same. March will follow later.

Here are my calendar pages for November and December 2022. I also updated my May page by changing the graphic in the extra space on the left. I am working on my cover page and should have that ready by tomorrow. I am sorry I am a bit late, but things have been very busy at work which does not give me a lot of time to play with PSP. Everyone has done such a wonderful job creating these calendars and I love looking at all the pages.. Thank you Carole for making all this possible for us.

This month has a special story attatched to it  and I already have posted this on Facebook but want to do so here as well. This photo is taken in Leur (now a part of Etten-Leur) and the Dutchies will know it, and so do the recipients of the calendar. Therefor I don't put it on the calendar but I think for some of youwho love history it can be interesting.

From 1568 - 1648 there was 80 years of war (Tachtigjarige Oorlog) between the Low Countries and Spain and the nearby walled town of Breda was occupied by the Spaniards. The Dutch prince Maurits wanted to take back the town which was heavily garded. A skipper, called Adriaan van Bergen, was bringing in peat (turf) for fuel with his boat on a regular basis and the gards knew him and his boat so well that they stopped searching his boat. So a trick was devised! In the harbour of Leur 70 soldiers were hidden under the load of peat and in the nightly hours of the 4th of March 1590 they very stealthly came out of the boat and opened the gates of Breda for their comrads who had been hiding nearby and the town was taken back!

This skipper is now known as the Turfschipper and the boat het Turfschip. On the photo you see a statue of Adriaan van Bergen on the side of what once was the little harbour. The big building on the other side of the water is Het Turfschip, a community center. The gun is just decoration; the nearby square is called Van Bergenplein.

Here is my finished cover for the calendar. For the background I used another picture of my hometown, added a cat png I found on line and cropped it to fit. Then i used the dropper tool to get some of the eye color for the 2022 text.  My PSP did not recognize the font Carole used and substitute Ariel  for it. After trying some other fonts, I decided to use the Ariel with a stroke of 2 in the same brown  as on the picture. This has been a fun challenge and I learned so much again. I wish I had known about Scrapbook Campus years ago. Now that I know about the Campus, I will  enjoy PSP more than ever. Thank you Carole for your patience and guidance. Also a Big Thank You goes out to everyone that particioated and shared their talented work.

I've tried so many colours, but I think you're right. Maybe it's even more overpowering because the text and border are the same colour.

My mill version has different colours for text en border I see now and that's much better. Even though the blue on the mill one  is also bright, it looks far better.

Well, back to the drawing board! :).

I am finally wrapping things up. Here are a few pages that are representative of the whole calendar. My intention is to have it printed as a wall calendar.

The focus is visual to help my mom quickly recognize upcoming birthdays/holidays. The pictures give her an easy way to remember whose birthday "month" it is.

Oh my, YES Ann Seeber, that is a typo! Thank you for telling me, I have to know about it to fix it!

PSP X9 has been problematic for me on my new laptop. At times, when trying to edit something, it will just close the entire program, and everything that I have open. I lose any changes since my last save.  And I will have to repeat them. It happened last night, at least once. It may be time for me to retire X9, and transition to learning PSP 2020 or 2021. But I dislike change :(

Monique thank you. The font I used on the datestamp, I think that's what you asked about, is Arienne, a free one by CF. The font for all the names of the month is Colonna MT, also by CF. I made an account there and get a free font/grafic every day; I have so many now that I'm becoming a bit picky.