Up-to-date Challenge - 2022

Cassel

Throughout the year I have been plodding away on 2022 calendars.  This year I created my own boxes.  5 calendars, and 2 desk calendars are almost  finished.  I hope it's ok for me to  post a few examples, as I will use this year's templates on one of next year's calendars.  I always use the previous year's photo's  for the  following year's calendars. I created 2 new  box templates. I use all my own photos,  create all my own background papers. The photo  on the front cover is part of  the treed area which faces east. Just like  magic  the rising sun transforms  the landscape, for a brief moment.

I have finally actually fully completed two more pages: January and February.

January is my Anna in front of Highclere Castle in Newbury, UK, where they filmed the series. She and her husband, Taejun "Tj" Lee, also pictured, visited there in 2017.

February is the greatest love story of the series featuring Lady Mary and Matthew, the heir to the estate. Upon the birth of their child, Matthew was killed in an auto accident on his way home from the hospital where she gave birth. :-(

At least I have something finished to show: the covers! For the calendars: I have all the photos in place, all the month fonts adjusted, the dateboxes starting the week on monday and the days of the week above the boxes. Now I'll start on changing some colors in the boxes and I have to do the embellishments, so I'm not finished yet, but it is coming together.

Here is the cover for the birthday calendar (verjaardagskalender) and the calendat with all the photos of my village (Etten-Leur) is the same without the text but with the year on it. The other one has the flowerphotos and is in German, which of course you don't see on the cover.

Everybody is making wonderful and very different calendars and I'm sure there will be happy recipients of them if you intent to make gifts.

My Nov and Dec pages.  I haven't decided what to put in the empty space.  So many awesome (inspiring) pages have given me some ideas.  This might be the place to put those "portrait" oriented photo's.  At first I wanted to use it for notes.  But really like the feather photo look.

Sue, I love your calendar.  I like to see the possibilities.

Making templates seem to be the next thing I should look into.  I like the idea of using color from the photo.  I did find though what the color actually is, is quite different than our eyes read it to be.  So I did pick from the photo often, then in the pallet, chose a lighter or darker, or even more/less intense version of the hue.

Wonderful work, Everyone. I am absolutely blown away by the talent displayed here. I have completed my calendar and posted it at FaceBook. I will post here, hopefully, tomorrow. I have an early day tomorrow and am on my way to bed. I did find some things I omitted...don't know if I will go back to fill in or just leave it. Sleep well and have a wonderful day!

Pirkko, it looks like your June page is darker than the others. Is that just an odd display? Once your calendar is done, we will for sure know you like owls! You are adding very interesting elements outside of the photos.

Anita, I am glad that those tips helped. It is so personal when your own pets are showcased in a calendar. For the June page, may I suggest that you change the red a bit? For some reason, it displays oddly on the background color. That happens with some color combo. So maybe lowering the saturation would help OR darken it? Moving a selection is such a headache saver!

Matsugirl, what about the Magic Wand and Selection that cause issues? Maybe there is one detail that I should clarify for you and others?

Marie-Claire, you will see how it will go faster now that you know most of the steps.

Anne, are you using different fonts for different months? They look like they have some differences. I think it would be better to use something consistent throughout the 12 months.

Daphne, it is totally expected that people would go back to the first pages since all the steps were not yet explained at the time you got the templates.

Chris, thanks for the download files on FB. Yes, the forum won't take files other than jpg and png.

Linda, I am a little unsure about the outline on the March page.  Maybe it is because it is resized as it looks like it is there, but not obvious that it is on purpose. But you know whether it looks better in the full-size format. Resizing sometimes changes the appearance.

Monique, beautiful photo for the cover.

Ann, interesting idea to make a card from the template. Why not??

Sue, thanks for showing other ways calendars can look. Hopefully, it will inspire others.

Corrie, I am sure the recipients will appreciate your calendars!

Susan, you are correct: colors can look very different. Good to see that you found a way to overcome the "mismatch" from the monitor to the eyes!