Up-to-date Challenge - 2022

Cassel

The calendars being produced here are spectacular and the people on the receiving end should be delighted to have them on display throughout 2022.

I am making 2 calendars with these templates - one all black and white images of sea/coast and the other using knitting /crocheting work of  a friend.  Unfortunately the photos I have are very small and take forever to enlarge in 2021 so I am experimenting with backgrounds.  Just a selection of months from each calendar here.  All are very much a work in progress and everything is subject to change.  Fonts are A&S Christmas (b&w) and Fugenta.  I added in days of the week.

Just finished my March Calendar. The font I used is ChaseCallash which I downloaded years ago and still like to use. I tried to work with the Character Map and when I selected Unicode Subrange and  Private Use I did not get any thing except for maybe 2 characters which were of no use. I followed all the steps and tried many different fonts without results. I have Windows 10 and Office 365. I hope  I can get it to work, it sounds like a fun project. Carole, you asked for a theme for my Calendar. I might just call it Cat Adventures, as I will be placing the cats in different fun locations.

I wonder where are page for May and June layout. I have Up-to-Date-Challenge-2022-1-2, Up-to-Date-Challenge-2022-3-4 and Up-to-Date-Challenge-2022-7-8. ... may I get Up-to-Date-Challenge-2022-5-6? :)

Two august lay outs for the calenders I'm working on :)

I will be aligning and size of the text when all months are done and  don't know yet if I will do something with the date boxes.

The project with the farm on it, I've taken colors from the photo's, but I'm not sure about the colour of the background, august should be more bright IMO.

Just got August up to speed and I have a tip for anyone who wants to put the names of the days of the week over their calendar boxes. On a separate layer I used the text tool 7 times to write the days (MON TUE etc) and then I merged all the vector layers down to the raster layer and used my mouse to pull that layer out as a separate image. I saved it as a .png and have been inserting it into each calendar page instead of having to type them all over again! Neat!

EDIT: I will upload the file to our Facebook page so all can use it. It's in black Arial all caps font.

Anita not all fonts have a character map with those lovely glyphs! So you did everything correct and if you want something fancy you have to look for another font. I learned this when making last years calendar, so when I now download a new font I always check for it. Have you joined the 10 year Bootcamp party? At the end there was a price for all of us from Creative Fabrica with fonts that all have something extra; if you have them look there!

I'm glad the date boxes came this late.  It gave me 10x the practice.  I choose to use filling in the boxes because I was having problems with it and thought doing it 10x would help me remember the steps.  I'd forget to invert, or I'd lock the transparency, or didn't add the raster layer.  No freak-out moments though.  Just back to the video and paused and did each step with Carole.  The Sept. photo is a portrait on it's side, I like the curl.  I used the clone tool for the first time (badly!). Thankfully most of it got cut out anyway.  I would have cloned out some distracting stuff in the October photo but that's a tool to be reckoned with.  I see if you don't use it right it looks bad.  More study needed on that.

Here is my April 2022Calendar. I used an Easter image I had downloaded a few years ago, then added  our felines who are always ready for another adventure. The bunny ears on Natasha are from nicepng. Thanks for letting me know about the character map and that not every font has special characters. I do have a lot of Creative Fabrica fonts and will need to install a font viewer so I can use them in PSP. I liked the Arienne font and installed it on my windows system, but I do not want to overload that, so a font viewer would be helpful. What is your favorite font viewer? I used the A from Arienne font, size 150 and stroke 1 and BellMT size 132, stroke1  for pril. The font color is pink like one of the Easter eggs. The tip about using lock transparency is awesome, thank you Carole!  For the calendar weekend dates I selected a golden-brown-orange color, Easter Sunday is lavender, and my Birthday is red.