What are you working on (in August 2021)?

Cassel

I used a template by Jodi Watson from A Love For Layout Templates blog train from March. As usual, I put my own spin on it. Carole has told us, a template is simply a guide and a starting point.

The font is Carnival Rimmed and the pics are from google (there was no info so I could give credit).

Sue, beautiful work with the intertwined text! You not only create great layouts but also fill them with lots of information. :)

Ann, beautiful picture of Logan; he is adorable!

Helen, nice tags! I still have to install my PSP2022. Right now, I am in the process of changing laptops, and it takes time until I have everything the way it should. My older one is giving me signs that time is up. :D

Annie, I love everything about the Melancholia layout. The corner cluster is so cute.

Michele, beautiful and colorful pages. I do love both.

An ecard I made for a dear friend. Her name is Jenny, and I always make birthday cards for her using a Wren photo. In the UK, we refer to the Wren as Jenny Wren, a term of endearment. I omitted the private Birthday greeting. This is a North American fledged House Wren, the same as what we get in the UK. A simple fine frame, Cassel corner punch. Using the brush variance palette, I created the stars.

SueThomas -- Sweet little Jenny Wren. I had one nesting in my shed a few years back. I had a weed-eater in one corner upside down. She built her nest on the guard that was just the right size for her nest. When I found it she already had two eggs in the nest. I went out and bought a new weed eater because I didn't have the heart to destroy her nest. She fledged three young and started getting the nest ready for another clutch. I moved the weed eater before she laid the eggs. BTW I really like your frame with the almost transparent edge for the picture to show through.

Anne Lamp, what a lovely Wren story. I to have done a similar thing as you, bought a new roll of hose pipe, rather than disturb a sitting Robin on her nest. I have several Wren houses, and two pairs of old boots, which I bought cheap from a church jumble sale, years ago, which I have nailed to trees. The Wrens and other small birds love them to build their nests in. Thank you for your kind comment. You did a great job on your Song page.

A lovely frame Sue. I used to be big on frames but now not so much. These things come and go. Perhaps I am a little like my grandmother who they used to call Contrary Mary. I used to make frames so elaborate that you forgot to look at the subject, lol! Anyway dear friend this frame is perfectly suited to the subject matter and I love it. ;D

I spotted this gorgeous photo by Julie Maserjian on HViP and wanted it on my desktop but it looked unfinished so I added white 60px borders and created a selection border around the photo itself. Then I looked in my Image/Picture Frame collection and spied this one from Sue Thomas. I went back and colored the selection border with a shade from the frame and applied inner bevel and shadows. It now has pride of place on my 30" black desktop monitor.

No. All my frames are unique, no two frames are the same. They are created for one photo only.I use add borders to create them. On closer inspection of your page, the frame appears to have been extracted from the photo. I'd appreciate it if you could recall where you obtained it from. I have posted many files in the Facebook group, but not one of these style of frames.

While the subject is brought up, here are a few guidelines for everyone:

- when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.

- if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyways).

- if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!

- if you like a photo and would like to "play with it", ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don't get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get better quality than on a resized image anyways.

Sue: Here's a screenshot of my PSP where I found  your frame. It's in the lower left corner of the dialogue box for Picture Frames. It says: SueThomas01. I have a lot of frames installed. If one comes in a kit I copy it into this file as I find them more accessible. I rarely make my own frames when I have a good stock of them here. I'm also not very good yet at extractions. I need more practice!