What are you working on (in June 2021)?

Cassel

We had the first rain of 2021 yesterday. For months I have watered the flower beds twice a day every day for hours on end, not only for the plants, but to provide mud for the Swallows and Robins to make their nests. I hadn't seen any insects until this morning. Many of the Chives and Hesperis flowers bloomed, and out came the insects. So did my my macro lens. I was chuffed to bits, to say the least. Here's one of the many shots I took of many species of insects. This little chap is only about 6mm long. In Europe, these flies are called Hover Flies. I am a huge fan of Carole's corner punch brushes. In this project I used one of her edge brushes to create the frame. Using the magic wand I was then able use different colours. I created the inner chisel frames. Background paper is a photo of the flowers.

Susanne,  you will find the  Mesh tools directly under the pen tool in the left side tool bar.  There you will find the  Mesh Warp, and the Mesh brush tools.  If you are a diamond member in the campus you'll  find tutorials in the creative scrap and the lab on using these tools.  The rolled edge tutorial in the creative scrap, and  lab 8-6  tube tutorial is a good one to start practising with.  If not I can give you simple instructions to get you started.  Look at the Yellow Warbler page I posted, and the word Warbler.  The tool distorts text,  and paper   etc evenly.

You all have been so busy! Susanne, Sue, Ann, Anne, and Michele, it is always a joy to see what you are all doing! <3

I am still slow but managed to finish the Lab11-M01 layout to practice the Pencil Shaving, Circle Doodle, and Book Shelf tutorials.  I want to try so many new techniques/challenges, but this will have to be at a later time.

I am still not very creative, so working with templates helps me a lot. This is from Lynn Grieveson's "Messy Pockets_Noted3_1", and I tweaked it a bit to fulfill my needs... Even the shadows are from the template.

Background paper by PixelScrapper/DiHiller "School of Art" 2018Aug.

Now on to Lab11-M02. : )

Dear Cristina, I have noted that you have mentioned several times that you are not very creative but I beg to disagree. Your work is always beautiful, never overdone and yet it carries a huge impact. The dictionary states the meaning for creative as an adjective "relating to or involving the use of the imagination or original ideas to create something". You may have a layout etcetera provided for you but it is the artist in you that uses it only as a framework for your own creation. Don't knock yourself my friend, your work is beautiful and unique and this page is no exception ... a joy to peruse! ;D

Annie, thank you so much for your words of encouragement. Be sure they mean a lot to me. <3

I am sure we can all say you are the master of support, encouragement, and motivation. The Campus wouldn't be the same without you. <3 Hugs and kisses!

I had less time than usual to do today's daily pic, but I wanted to post this to show what the Cass-chalktexture-01 script can do. Since the script applies the effect to the entire image, not just the layer, I created the text; copied and pasted it to a new image before running the script; copied and pasted the result to my original image. There are a bunch of parameters you can choose so the possibilities are endless. When I have more time, I'm going to play with it so I can create more than just white chalk text.

The background and elements came from one of my favorite resources, PixelScrapper. The font is pouttu, free from 1001Fonts.

Hello all --  gals and guy!  :) ... Just got a chance to browse through and see what everyone has been doing and as usual you have all been very busy with great stuff.  Some pretty things, happy events ... and some sad.  Sorry you lost so many plants, Sawnie.  That was an awful time in Texas and it's heartbreaking when you lose some of your favorites that you have nurtured for so long.  I know when I leave Florida I worry about many of mine making it through the hot summer.  Meanwhile, "back at the ranch" here in Maine ... I am finally getting settled in.  There was so much to do and catch up on here after 8 months away.  Thankfully ... a new handyman has really been a godsend for me to catch up both inside and out.  Maybe I can even find time to play again ... and just in time for the Travel Challenge!  I hope you are all well and looking forward to seeing and playing with you all again.

I have just completed another page for my daughters scrapbook, she is the little one. This was a recipe project using the ingredients listed.  Actually I don't know if it helps to be guided by certain elements to use, but it keeps one on the straight and narrow.