BOOTCAMP May 2021

Cassel

Hello All,

Finally my internet is back up, were having storms since yesterday nothing new at all for this time of year.

Here is my Day 5,  I used a picture my grandson took of the new baby,  There was 2 that hatched they were put under

this Chicken and turns out shes a Great Mom, she hatched them and feeds and cares for them.   One had a problems

and did not make it.

But this one, is fat and sassy, and guess what  He speaks Chicken!   My daughter made

the duck a pond, its loved and cared for.     Thank You Pixel for the free Scrapbook Kit.

So many new creative and fun layouts. Great work, everyone!

I couldn't do anything for a couple of days, so only today I managed to finish projects #2 and 3... Now onto project #4.

No matter how many times I participated, it is always fun to create layouts for this challenge.

Project 4.  I enjoyed this project and learned a coulpe PSP tricks.  I especially like the erase tool trick, which I utilised with more than just diamond cuts.

Flora pics are some of the plants around the house.  The churches are some that I photographed on some of my journeys.  All of the sun pictures are taken from various spots around the area that I live.

Cindy, love your duck/chicken. Neat story to go with the layout.

Cristina, you're making me hungry. Love the colors.

Annie, always like your colorful Australian birds.  Bad Hair Day really intrigues me with, not only the bird, but the colors you used in your layout.

Annie, such beautiful birds. You are really showcasing them well.

Joe, it is interesting to know that so many creatures can end up on that course, at the same time. It should be renamed a petting course (kind of!). Be careful with that edge trick: it can get addictive very quickly. I am glad you learned that trick and you can use it in different ways. It can turn into very creative results.

Cindy, welcome back. You are doing so much better with the shadows in this Chicken layout!

Cristina, you are making me hungry with those pictures (even though I am a very picky eater!) That pasta heart is quite interesting!

Hello Wonderful People,

Well the duck is doing good, it really does speak chicken.    Momma dirt baths, baby duck dirt baths.   Momma calls  it

to eat a worm she found, baby runs to mama  and eats it.   Cutest thing, ya'all.

Thank you Pixel for the kit, Thank You Cassel, thank you all here.     Its so fun you Artists are so nice,  Its pouring rain

out and I keep falling asleep, I love the sound of the rain.   Had to remove to many tubes, they are just so fun to stamp

on!                                                                         Hugs All

thank you All  Espically our Cassel.     P.s.  Love the Love Pages with your Grandson so cool!

Cindy:  That duckling is so cute. Your colors work well with the blue sky and puffy cloud background. Nicely done, my friend.

Joe: Of the 3, I like the Florida Flora. All 3 are very well done and pleasing but that one is my favorite.

Christina: Your food designs are awesome! Of course they make me head to the kitchen, especially that Berry Pavlova.

First, thank you so much, Annie, Mary, Carole, and Ann, for your comments. They are much appreciated. <3... I make this dessert once a year, usually in July or August, when the berries are fresher and taste better... I had the first time at my sister-in-law's, and since then, it became a tradition at home. : )

I was in a kind of a rush yesterday, so I didn't give the proper credits to the designers, who so generously offer the freebies.

Project#2: Papers from PS2020Sep- A Beautiful Mess-Artsy Papers"  --   Alpha from Cassel-Alpha Maker Sample (Alpha-Maker script)  --  Border-Stitches4 from KAagard...  Some of the papers are not recognizable because I played with the blend mode.

Project#3: Papers from Oklahoma Dawn PS2018Nov "I dig it" ---  Glitter from Cassel.

Annie: Do those Myna birds talk? Someone had one here that did.

Bootcamp: Just in time for Cassel's Busy Bees class my daughter in Mendocino, California, participated in their annual Bee Bold Mendocino festival. She's in the bottom photo on the far left with her drumming group. She made the mistake of posting all this on Facebook so of course I helped myself to their images. ;-) I created the striped paper from a selection from the small purple Bee Bold Alliance logo on the right. The title fonts are Aviation Cocktail Aged and Broadway.

I have fun with this adventure.  I've used PSP for awhile now, but mainly photo retouching and manipulation.  Last Christmas I used grandkids photos and made into jigsaw puzzles.  I also use for creating seamless textures for online gaming.  The drag and drop coping of layers and the "Shift Erase" are new to me.  Also, I am starting to use the keyboard shortcuts more on these projects than I usually do.

One thing I don't quite see, and please don't misunderstand me,  is that while I know the how, I don't know the why.  Physical scrapbooking, to me is about the sentiment and the physical sense of someone made this with their hands just for me.  What do you do with the digital scrapbook pages?  DO you create eBooks to pass on, or just store the digital creations and pass them on singularly.

I'm always looking to expand my breadth and depth of knowledge and have enjoyed working these projects but other than maybe using them in a slide show for graduation or wedding I don't se myself using a digital scrapbook.

Again, no disrespect, just curious.

Busy Bees project complete.  Papers are my own except for the plaid which is out of Gina Jones' kit Everyday is Caturday ... which I have titled my page.  The scatter I made following Cassel's tut and using elements from Gina's kit.  Thanks for takin a peek.  ;D

The final design for the May Bootcamp. Cassel's is titled Concentration but mine is The House Wren. I was delighted when the Audubon Society released all of JJ Audubon's illustration plates to the public for general use. I didn't download all but I got the ones I am familiar with.

Hi,

Susan here.  First post for me.  I'm a newbie to scrapbooking of any kind and working with PSP (even though I've had it since 2019!).  What beautiful and inspiring pages I see on this forum.  Thankyou Cassel for your words (Edit, Copy, Close, Edit, Paste as New Layer) they got me through this.  I found myself saying the words as I did the action.  It's the words of you speaking the instructions that I hear when I'm trying to remember what to do.  Great teaching style.  here's my first go; from Day 3.

I picked this because it went from a sunny 26 celsius (4 days ago) to 2 celsius snowing heavy two days ago!