April SONG Challenge - Walk

Cassel

I thought I would WALK ON THE WILD SIDE for this one.  The song by Lou Reed has ever been one of my favourites.  I didn't have to do much.  The photo of Lou was a black and white portrait so I eliminated the black.  The alpha is by Gina Jones from Pixel Scrappers and I did a manual colour correction to get it to fit in with the background which was a freebie psychedelic wallpaper.  I put a very subtle texture on the background paper ... didn't want to overwhelm.  The streamers are from Cassel.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  :D

I have choosen:  Walk to the Water from U2. Again an oldie from 1987

I have not quoted the full lyrics of this song, that would have been to much, but you can find them on you tube. It isn't a particular favour of mine but I happen to have this beach scene background for quite some time and from that came this idea. Originally it was a watercolored, but that didn't work well so I made it black and white with a little splash of color in the colored mat  under the coverphoto. The U2 font is a font with all kinds of instruments and was a daily gift from Creative Fabrica.

Ann, I love your Boots page, very clever and the info you gave was, well, informative! I have posted both the Megadeth and Ella Fitzgerald versions on the music forum since your post ... inspired, thank you. :D

Mary, both your pages are simplistic and heartfelt ... it comes across my friend, well done. :D

Minka, your 'I Walk The Line' page is amazing and your 'Baby Elephant Walk' is divine (my favourite). Thanks very much for your great tips regards lighting ... I think the old brain took it all in. Yes I did look up colour charts and it is amazing what is available. I usually just type in, for instance, summer colour palette and a wealth of images are provided. :D

Laurie both your pages are simplistic and a joy to peruse ... I especially love your 'Walk Like An Egyptian'. :D

Another for the song challenge.  Dire Straits was a terrific band and Mark Knopfler is a terrific singer.  I expect everyone will remember this iconic number 'The Walk Of Life'.  All artwork and no photos in this one and most are from DeviantArt.  The background paper was a solid colour to which I added one of the textures I had made and then I followed Cassel's advice and added a grungy edge to it which was a Melo Vrijhof from Pixel Scrappers overlay.  Excellent advice for this one Carole, so much more acceptable than a textured solid, thank you.  I used rivets to join all the frames and lots of blend modes and opacity change ups for each piece of art.  The walk of life graphic top right was a freebie on the web and the font used for the title is Patterns and Dots.  Thanks for takin a peek.  :D

The song I used was “Walking On Sunshine” by Katrina & The Waves.  The kit I used was 'April Chicks' by Angel Wing Scraps.  I got the sun from a website called Simple Pleasures.

This to me was a hard Challenge.  I had to look up a song and saw there a quite a few with the word walk in them which made it  a little easier.

Every one I am in awe of your creativity.  What a great job every one.

I went looking for songs with the topic “walk” and found an oldie by The Beatles that I had never heard before. I had a template in my stash from Lab 11-01 since this song only seemed to have a music video, I took screen shots and put them in the film strips on the template. The black and white photo was the first part of the video. I worked on the title The Walk, it was a rather messy job by someone but I did copy their little blurb that went with the song. Found The Beatles logo on Google, used Cassel’s script for the curved photo, added sprocket holes on the film strips after changing it to black. The background is just a pattern from my PSP. I like to keep my designs simple, especially one that has all the elements like this.

An afterthought: here's the link to the video