Double Take Challenge 2021

Cassel

I plan on adding my double page to my folder on my computer called "PSP in progress".  Every now and then I will set up my computer and put all my scrap pages into slide show mode and just watch at it plays.  My 3 yr old grand daughter is a huge fan!  I haven't figured out yet what size my photo frames are but putting them on it is my primary goal.

Carole   Thank you so much for doing this challenge.  I learned so much and had a lot of fun.  I have also loved seeing every one else's page and got quite a few ideas for new pages.  Wonderful job every one!

Thanks very much Ann. Somethings are just not meant to be. I had always wanted to visit the Grand Canyon but it never eventuated and now, like yourself, a 22 hour flight is rather daunting. I am to have an injection into my spine in a weeks time so I don't think the old bod would deal with travel now. Each country has it's attractions and we are so lucky that this planet is so diverse. Always appreciate your comments my friend. :)

Thanks so much Carole for this challenge.  As with every other challenge I've participated in, I have thoroughly enjoyed myself and feel like I have learnt heaps.

I have made several photo books in the last few years and have used their software, but I much prefer to make the pages with PSP and then just place that image on the page.  For my travel photos I use the 33x26cm size book, I like that size better than the 12x12 for my photos, so I am now making my base page 35x28cm or 4200 x 3300 pixels and make sure I leave a good 2 cm or more space around the edges.

I'm ready now to do a book on our holidays in the Northern Territory with the grandkids.

Thanks again Carole, and hope you had a wonderful birthday, you certainly gave us all a fabulous present.

I wanted the backgrounds to be reminiscent of an old photo album. It's not quite there.

Carole: The fonts I have been using come from Creative Fabrica. In addition to the free fonts, I always check out their $1 font sales.

Day 4 - Dayton Script: Dayton Script Font by Stellar Studio · Creative Fabrica

Day 5 - Calligraphy Script: Calligraphy Script Font by Shape Studio · Creative Fabrica

Day 6 - Magical/Magical Sans: Magical Font by agniardii · Creative Fabrica

I was trying to make the background reminiscent of an old photo album. Success, in this case, is elusive.

Carole: The fonts I used in this challenge were from Creative Fabrica, either from the freebies or the $1/font sales. I encourage everyone to sign up for emails from them and Creative Market. Both offer free fonts and resources such as clipart and backgrounds.

Day 4 - Dayton Script: Dayton Script Font by Stellar Studio · Creative Fabrica

Day 5 - Calligraphy Script: Calligraphy Script Font by Shape Studio · Creative Fabrica

Day 6 - Magical - Magical Font by agniardii · Creative Fabrica

Lynda - I don't believe it!  I started singing that to my son and daughter-in-law just yesterday!!!!!

Love your display of the places in this good old USA you've been to.  Don't you just love The Corn Palace - Mitchell, SD is always our stop when visiting relatives in SD.  There's a great French Restaurant there!  Imagine that in the middle of SD.  And, The Grand Canyon - stupendous!

I love both your pages, Lynda! Of course I remember the Chevy commercial and your Sea to Shining Sea layout is marvelous, too! What a great way to display vacation and/or travel photos. Great photos, by the way. Your layouts really take advantage of the extra space in a 7200 width. Nice job on the mask for your truck! I also admired the concrete background on Sea to Sea. Great job!

Laurie, Thanks, glad you enjoyed the photos

Mary, We must have an ESP connection. Don't know why but I just started singing that song and it fit..

Ann, Thank you..I usually walk around camera in hand and I take some weird photos, hence the stone/concrete photo. Comes in handy for backgrounds and other things that need texture.

Ann, I am not really sure why that design disappeared when you resized. I have only seen this happen when text is inside a shape. But I see you found a way around.

Annie, I bet you would not dare to add that much text on a single layout (re: Day 6)! But on a double page, you have that option! Your pink birds are so cute!

Barbara, I love how you displayed the hibiscus photos. Is that a ready-made template or did you make that yourself?

Raymond, out of curiosity, are those birds nesting in winter? I am just wondering why you added snowflakes.

Lynda, as your garden grows, you will have even more photos to use!! :) Those distorted photos are something I seem to often catch (I think I annoy my co-workers when I point out something like that, but I can't help myself). Your background photos is great (Day 4)!

Jnet, you will have to go back to take more pictures, 10+ years later!

Bonnie, sometimes, it is hard to avoid the middle "cut". Depending on the photo, it might be acceptable, for example, for a panorama, you can't do without it, or if it is a smaller photo, you can try to move it so nobody's face is cut, even if the photo is divided somehow. Also, in some cases, it is possible to get "open flat" books, although, I am not 100% sure how well it lines up.

Laurie, there are different techniques to display photos and masks are only one of them. You managed a great layout and we won't know how much time you took.

Corrie, it is ok to change the beads into flowers. One uses what one has!

Jean, photobook sites allow users to display photos, but I agree that uploading your completed pages as ONE image will make something much better!

Gerry, your page reminds me of those old photo albums my grandma had, with all those photo corners! :)

Remember to fill out the survey for this challenge, and let us know if you print your double pages into an album!

LOL! I sure wouldn't Carole, nobody would be able to read it ... I was pushing it as it was! There are a wealth of beautiful birds from this planet Carole and Australia is just lucky to be home to a great many of them. I would never like to think that I am saying we have the biggest and the best here in the land of Oz because that would not be the case. This planet relies on each and every one for it's ecology. I happen to adore the Friarbird and if you have ever watched the children's movie The Dark Crystal you would wonder whether the Skeksis were actually modelled from them, lol! :)

Carole, I looked at it again and I have no idea! I just looked at it as a mask that I liked not giving any thought to it being snowflakes. It never crossed my mind I just looked at it as a design that filled the page! Ha, perhaps I should add another mask! Although this is the 2nd year the bluebirds had eggs by the 24th of March and we did have a few nights where it did get below freezing.

Nice job Lynda, Laurie, Corrie and Gerry for adding new page. It's beautiful

Ann Seeber, it's nice to have put the translation for me. I had caught the bad weather but not for the number of guests and the witness. Fortunately the marriage was celebrated

Carole, Oh! how I would like to go back. We are traveling by plane now, the motorhome required too many repairs on the way back. We clean it to travel to Canada ;-)

I do not print my pages and in your last email I rediscovered how to separate my pages once they're done. I worked with the double page that I was separating but not the right way. Thanks for that and thanks for this new double page challenge that I liked.