Up-to-Date Challenge 2021

Cassel

I apologize, but the forum had eaten my post, so I am reposting... late.

Jnet, that gradient for the Mars 2021 is beautiful. Did you create the gradient from the colors of the sunset?

Marie-Claire, thanks for the link to the font. We are always looking for fancy fonts!

Lynda, even without the extra glyphs, I found that font quite interesting. Adding people's birthday on the calendar is definitely a great way to make it a personalized gift! On the January page, did you decide to omit the mask group?

Ann A, the January month is a bit hard to read with the stroke. Have you tried without an outline on the text? I think it is because it is white AND the font is thin, since it works well on the others with "fatter" fonts.

Sue, you are right: the bulk of the work is setting the photos. Just like working on a single project, the finishing touches will come at the end, and in this challenge, every page CAN be tweaked with each tutorial.

Linda J, don't worry about "keeping up", every page will be tweaked until the last day of the challenge. And you will still have time to finish it before the holidays.

Ann S, that will end up being such a unique present!

Cristina, even with stock photos, a calendar can still be meaningful to yourself or the recipient. Searching for the right image or image combination is part of the customization.

Sharon, great start to your calendar. I hope the medical issue is under control.

Gerry, that is a great idea to use that calendar and customize it to your mother's needs. Very interesting to look at for everyone in the family, I bet!

Hi Carole,

I did eliminate the mask group. I only had one photo of my own of a carnation and it wasn't really great for the boxes so I just used it as the background. It's a work in progress, maybe I'll try again.

Lynda

I tried it again. Used cutout to make it appear to be a window. It does seem to fit with the other pages better.

Lynda, it is quite ok to change the template. That is the beauty of the digital medium: everyone will customize to their liking AND can even come back to change again!

Ramond and Linda, make sure your Match mode is set to None in order to fill all the boxes at once. Check this article for more information on the Fill tool

Sharon, don't worry about being behind; nobody is able to finish all the pages yet, since all the tutorials are not done and all the templates are not given! Furthermore, just about everyone will go back and tweak previous pages!

Well I finally got going on the Up to date challenge. Having been inspired by the fabulous work being shown here I made  stab at January. I have turned mine to landscape as I have some photo holders I want these to fit in for the end result.

As in all projects its the getting the materials organized. I shoot in raw format and it seems I have a lot of photos that I need to convert to a JPEG copy. SO I scrounged for some I did already.

Love the new tricks of the trade you are sharing Cassel with this challenge. I am also loving your  Tips and Tricks Book.

I want to thank you, Cassel, for your help as always and to those who responded to my question. I think this has been the best scrapbook project for me to learn different techniques. My problem is that if I don't use them all the time I forget the specific steps but I guess you could say that about a lot of things. Ha.

Absolutely wonderful work shared by EVERYONE! I am having to play catch up after a few days not feeling well. I'd name you all with your works, but what is the point of that when you ALL did wonderful calendars! And loads of variation which is what I like. Cassel always delivers us the tools and the "know-how" ... and then sits back to see what we do with it. I played with all the different things she showed us ... not particularly worrying about themes or WHAT was on the calendar so much as HOW to do it .. placement, pic tool, etc. etc. I did manage to get one made with two of my most favorite people ... my sister and my best friend, who are no longer with us. Kind of made me sad to work on it ... so I think I will make happier calendars now. I can always make a better attempt AFTER I know HOW to do it. Will try and catch up on some more after a nap. :o(

Been so busy tweaking all the months that I never even started Nov/Dec yet. But at least now I have a format I like and I'll post the first four months to start.. Jan/Feb/Mar=grandson Will's wedding and Apr/his new baby Magic for the rest of the year..

Thank you to whoever mentioned Pixabay.. that's where I'm finding my illustrations for each month. I have added shadows but doubt the photos can be done as they are large under the masks.

What a lovely work everybody is posting. I have finally something to as well. I deceided that my theme for the calendar is nature. I wanted to include somewhere the flower of the month and, thanks to Lynda, I got the perfect idea. I hope you don't mind! Here are the first 3 month, the rest will follow as I finish it.

I've had a busy few days, fetching cows home  for the winter for ranchers. Meg and I are having a rest today.  This morning I got up early,  and worked on some pages.  Not in any particular order.  I like simple, always trying to maintain focus on the  photos.  I also like consistency, so  the background papers, although they have different colours the  patterns are very similar.   The pages posted are fabulous, each and every one  beautiful created.  So much love and thought resonates through every page.

I had previously  chosen the photo for the cover, and in keeping with the layout of the  months, I kept it simple.   I created clouds for the  year, not quite sure if I like it or not.   The word Calendar matches the  colour of the  water.  Hence the reason for placing the  text where I did,  as  I used  a lot of photos   which   included stunning skies, and  ocean scenes.

Cassel, I want to thank you for this project. They were specific instructions that allowed me to complete each month and use the photographs I have taken over the past year and display pictures that were restored. It is the most complete attempt I have been able to accomplish with PSP and I thank you again.

The birds are bluebirds.

My can is "Tattoo"

Our Koi pond, some of which are now 13 years old.

My Children when young, and my granddaughter's graduation gown.