Up-to-Date Challenge 2021

Cassel

Here is the month of March.  I will leave until I have finished all 12 months, before I write comments, on where and when the photos were taken.   I used an adjustment layer to lighten the  date boxes.  As for the text I will write it under the photos, and above  the word notes.  I used one photos instead of  three.

Did the background for Jan and Feb with a gradient called Rising. And I selected the area of the calendar and filled it with white. I changed one of my photos; in Feb I added a photo of the happy couple boarding their raft to leave for the reception.

I did fill the background on March and April but I got confused with the photos for March. The layers had lots of PHOTO HERE directions so I thought I'd wait for Carole/Cassel to explain.

Carole/Cassel: I did try adding photos to March and something isn't working right. I used 2 photos: one for the right area and one that I placed twice for the 2 left areas. The left areas worked out fine but the photo for the right will NOT show up, for some reason. I'm attaching a screenshot to show what I'm dealing with. Help!

Ok, here's what I have so far for Jan, Feb and March. April onward will be baby Magic. These wedding photos are for the ages with all the chanting and  rafting back upriver after the ceremony. The reception was held out in the woods in Colorado with lots of tents and mosquitoes. That tall handsome groom is my grandson. ;)

I changed the font on the month name to Bradley Hand. The gradient background is Rising rotated 180 degrees. I think that split screen effect came out pretty good, a first time for me.

I'm not going to have a theme to my calendar. Just each month will be something different to look at. :o) Jan I chose where I live. And for February I chose space ... because I like it. Would have gone to the moon myself if I could have.

MoniqueN, don't worry, you will catch up.

Cristina, looking forward to your projects.

Sue, combining more than one masks is a great idea. And it can work well with some specific photos. And yes, when resizing, the gradients or shadings can sometimes give an odd look. At least, it is fine on the original.

Ann S, as I have mentioned on the FB group, there was an error for the March template. It will be great to end up with a whole calendar showcasing those wedding photos: a year to remember. As for the font used, you MIGHT want to try another one, later (you'll see what I mean)

Minka, did you use a font for the "unplug" or was it a premade word?

Alicia, you are correct; until the end, everything will be a work in progress.

Hi everyone. Here are April, May and June. Now we're into Baby Magic, three years after the wedding. The other person in these photos is Nana Deb. She is Magic's grandmother, Will's mom and my daughter! Now the setting is Comptche,  Northern California, just in from the  Mendocino coast, about 3+ hours north of San Francisco. So far the fires haven't touched them. It's really damp there from the ocean though the air quality has suffered.

So far I'm sticking with the same gradient background and keeping the Bradley Hand font, though I did increase the size of the first letter of each of the months.

A busy day today, for now here is June's  page.  After seeing Jnet's pages I opted for putting a slight shadow on the photos.  Thinking back I can remember trying the drop shadow, but undid the shadows, simply because  I have never seen a calendar with shadows before.  Now that doesn't mean that  shadows are not accepted as the norm for calendars, as these calendars we  create are very unique and personal, to the creator and the persons receiving them.  OI created a background paper using the brown in the photos.  Used the  photo of Tinks, and placed her inside the date boxes.  Overlay, and opacity.  I may go back and dispense with  the note section, and place a  masked photo, fitting for each month, as I have loads of photos.  At least I have plenty of time to  fine tune the  months, before  printing and  posting  it.

Many of the family and friends that receive one of my calendars, don't like to write on them.  They have them hung up  on display than use  them as  a functional calendar,   so this layout works well, I think I will go back and  take the note section out and replace it with something similar to what I did in the  page.

I whole heartedly endorse Lynda's last comment!   The West Wales coastline is renowned for it's outstanding beauty and wildlife,  not  only  in the UK, but  throughout the world.  For this page I created a background paper using  as many colours that I could pick out of the photos, even  the purple from the Thrift flowers in the  top right photo.