What are you working on (in October 2020)?

Cassel

Date-10-2020.png

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in October, be it a scrapbook page, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

I tried the Gallery template with some photos of my daughter, Debbie, and her granddaughter, Magic.

I had to practically make the photos invisible while scaling them so I could see the outline behind but it worked out ok, I think. Let me know what you think.

Oh, and the closest photo was way smaller than the others but at least it was the correct shape. Luckily the AI engine in PSP2021 did a great job of the 200% enlargement.

I can't believe it's the 1st October already, where did the summer go! The geese and cranes are flocking and feeding in stubble fields in their millions. The sight and sounds put one in a state awe! Winter is on it's way. Cranes in the stubble field, and our autumn trees out back.

Love the Gallery, Ann. Definitely a nice presentation. I really like your Wishful Thinking layout. Birds tend to show up in places you don't normally expect.

Sue... Loved how you framed the picture. Most interesting. The trees are so beautiful. We don't normally get a change of the leaves down here. Awesome Christmas Card. Such a sweet little bird. Once again, you have done a great job using adjustment layers.

Nemisis... Great work on the photo presentations. With the color differences between them, it looks like one was taken in autumn and one in fall.

Karon, thank you for your kind words. That Oriole layout was begun in the summer when he could have been dreaming about his winter beach scene. I particularly like your Construction Work layout, I remember those rusty cogs. Were they from Cassel? Sunflower, AL: I need to work on the title on a curve, myself. Well done!

Karon, thank you ever so much for your  complimentary comments.  You have been busy too.  I do like the sunflower page.  You can learn a great deal from  doing the tutorials in the lab. Always so many different techniques used, which can be  incorporated in creating many other  elements.

Nana Ann, you did a great job with the gallery. And I love the colors you used in your oriole l/o.

Sue, I've already told you how much I love your posts in the FB group.

Nemesis, you don't have to do scrapbooking to use the techniques we learn here. Besides, your photos could be used for backgrounds or maybe masks for a scrapbook page.

Karon, your Lab modules are wonderful.

Thought I would share a few of the Daily Look pics I've made for my gaming group recently. Not scrapbook pages, but definitely influenced by what I've learned about scrapbooking. (For newcomers to the campus, the game I play picks the daily themes and Fabulous Divas is the name of the group I inherited.)

Hope you like. All comments/critiques/suggestions are welcome.

Working at actual WORK.. I do graphics for our business, the Warwick Drive-In Theater and this is an event coming up in October. The skills I'm learning here are helping me with my actual job. :)

Oh, just to show you how popular this event is, here's a photo of the lineup to get in last year..

I have several projects that I have started, this is one of them. I know some of you will just freak out at the sight of this  adorable  little creature.  They are starting to come into buildings now, so I have  put out catch and release traps.  I can have up to 5 in each trap.  I take them out the other side of the trees, and beyond the horses fence line to release them. The gold frame is a font and  a rectangle preset.  It has been ages since I used the  slip into it technique, which I thought it appropriate for this image, as the  little  creatures slip into  holes in trees,  birds nests, and holes in the ground to sleep and keep warm during colder climes.

Here's another one.   It isn't finished yet, I still have to  add a few more  elements to  it.   Like the mice and voles these are rodents too.   Mask, torn edges on frame and torn paper.  Something else I haven't done for a while, yet it all looks very rustic, to be in keeping with the  chipmunks habitat. I used the superscript and the subscript in the text  tool bar to write the 1/2.

Bonnie: Yes, it's at the drive-in. We have a special area where the local firetruck comes and dumps water to make the mud and then the jeeps and trucks drive through it and around behind one of the screens (we have 3 screens) and back into the mud again, hopefully not getting stuck! It's lots of fun :)

I have several projects on the go.  I started this one  a week or so ago.  Once I knew how I wanted to   document the  photos, I finished it off last night.  Lifted  paper, tags and  pin created using tutorials along with some other tutorials which  I  don't have to  refer to in the  campus any more to achieve some techniques in   the creative scrap section of the campus.  For the papers I used colours from the photos and added a little noise. I don't normally use this many photos, I should have used a lot more, but I will do another matching page at a later date.

I caught a glimpse of an ad on the tv the other night which caught my attention.  I'm going to watch out for it  to see what they were advertising.  They had letters with artists  performing within a  letter. (not colourized though) I tried to replicate it  this morning.   I used hue/sat/lightness to match the colour of the letter.  How can I improve on  this Carole.  perhaps you have seen the ad on the telly.  I thought it was pretty cool!  Here's my interpretation, of course I had to use a bird. :-) I didn't use a bevel or shadow.