September RANDOM Challenge - Speech bubbles

Cassel

Random-Challenge.jpg

How about a challenge that is just different?

Once in a while, I will present you with a challenge to do something that might not be repeated in other months. Just an idea that popped like that (and you can also send me suggestions for occasional random challenges too).

This time, let's make your characters talk, whether they are human, animal or even objects. Add some speech bubbles, some dialog, some statements, etc. You can use some of the default preset shapes in PSP, or you can use the freebie bubbles on this post, or you can draw your own too.

What will your subjects talk about? Something serious? Something funny? Something sarcastic? It is your call!

I recently had my "lower forty" cleared ... mostly under apple trees.  Look who absolutely love it!  I know she see's me through the kitchen window as I am taking this shot, but she knows I won't hurt her.  She and her baby have owned my yard since Baby was born.  I had a little fun with the photo.

I was trying to do the Sketch challenge, but it did not inspire me at all! So I was doing just a LO of the summerflowers on our patio. And I adepted it for this Speech challenge. Instead of a titel I used the speechbubble and the stamps-template from Cassel. All the photos are mine and I also reused some of the lessons from the TravelTale Challenge. My hand is still not fully healed so I have to take it slowly.

Speech Bubble Challenge: I started with the photo found on the internet and just let it flow from there. The photo frame is modified selections with flood fills and a little buttonize. I used elements from different kits: the trees-Vintage Memories; the flying birds-digidebdesigns; the clouds are a splatter from Choose to Shine; the clusters at the bottom are labeled Florju (?); and the ribbon-Somewhere in Time. The actual speech bubble is a shape from PSP 2021.

Oh, by the way, I'm trying out the 30 day trial of 2021 and it did a great job enlarging the photo 200%. It went from 960 x 640 to 1920 x 1280.

Now I'm ready for an October Challenge! ;)

On the subject of Speech Bubbles I see these all the time on Facebook done by a local animal shelter's talented volunteer and always wished I could make some myself. Here's an example:

Interesting use of speech or thought bubbles accompanied by journaling. -from Real Cats of West Milford Animal Shelter's Facebook page.

It is so much fun to read those speech bubbles. It is too bad they are not used more in layouts as they can certainly tell fun, even hilarious stories. Aren't we often imagining what objects or animals might be thinking in this or that situation? It can also be a great way to add some journaling to a photo to give it some context. I love those.

There are a few as preset shapes in PSP, but there are also some as freebies in the Campus. Grab them, and use them some more!

I don't have thousands of fonts, in fact I have less than 800 in total. Many of you know that I use fonts a lot in my projects. This one is no different. Speech bubbles, several fonts used, and one of Carole's edge punches and special font. Her edge punches are very delicate when used to frame a paper. Again, 2 photos taken in different locations of two very beautiful native sparrows, one image.