September 2024 - P52 Challenge

Cassel

12 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Week 36

Jacks = Creamers

This background was fun.  Just wish I could remember how I did it.  I started with a gradient then I remember adding repeats.  Then trying out various effects,  ripple then kaleidoscope but then I chose the orginal gradient with less or no repeats.  Even when I went back to the different texture effect with saves the last setting, it wouldn't do the same thing so I wont be able to repeat it.  Wish I had made a 3600x3600 paper of it.  This paper has the effect lowered in opacity to 26%.  I'll post the full opacity one so you can see it.  

Fonts are Antonia Retro and Fascinate.  I think these are google fonts that came with my font viewer because they are the only ones that have tags on them, I looks for retro type fonts.  Was actually looking for art deco style.  I am surprised I am still finding so many different backgrounds.  

P52 Wk36 - JACK SpadesV2 MERG-600.jpg

If I touched that card, I bet I could feel that background! So realistic.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

YES, I would love to get them printed.  I'm thinking of at the end also designing a back for the card.  Because I have a tea cup (T-Cup...for Ann! 😁)  I dont think I used yet because it's a demitasse cup but it has playing cards on it so I could use that for the back of the card.  That just came to me today.  Isnt it going to be awesome when we complete this challenge and look at all the work we did.  So cool!

I great idea to make a background for your cards and maybe that could also be used for the cardstock box where the cards are put into.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I great idea to make a background for your cards and maybe that could also be used for the cardstock box where the cards are put into.

You are giving me some awesome ideas.  I could make that box in PSP and print it, fold it the deck of cards.  Such a great idea.  I should look into playing-card making companies.  

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 2

Week 37

Kings = Tall Tea Pots

The background started out as the Striped Ribbon (2) tutorial in the latest lab. I added noise, and a gradient layer below and used a blend mode. still wasnt happy with it, so I duplicated the noisy striped paper and used 90 degree angle so it was horizontal and added the same blend mode as the previous. Then grouped the 3 layers, duplicated the group and merged that group.  then I could add the blinds texture (it did look like much if added the texture on the layers that were not merged).  In the end I was wanting it to resemble fabric.  

The fonts are Kings and Kingstone Roman from CF I think.  

P52 Wk37 - KING DiamondsMERG-600.jpg

• Love 5

6 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Week 37

Kings = Tall Tea Pots

The background started out as the Striped Ribbon (2) tutorial in the latest lab. I added noise, and a gradient layer below and used a blend mode. still wasnt happy with it, so I duplicated the noisy striped paper and used 90 degree angle so it was horizontal and added the same blend mode as the previous. Then grouped the 3 layers, duplicated the group and merged that group.  then I could add the blinds texture (it did look like much if added the texture on the layers that were not merged).  In the end I was wanting it to resemble fabric.  

The fonts are Kings and Kingstone Roman from CF I think.  

P52 Wk37 - KING DiamondsMERG-600.jpg

It  looks like a twilly fabric to me. Nice!

• Like 3

Over here this week it is 80 years ago that the airborne landings that were part of operation Market Garden in WWII took place. There is a special monument  to commemorate the droppings on the Ginkelse Heide in Ede where they landed with their materials and vehicles. It is made out of Corten steel, 6 meters high and has 5 panels. At the bottom of the panels are plaques that tell the story. A couple of weeks ago when I visited my son we took a look at it when we were passing by on a walk on the heath. It was impossible to get all the panels in one photo because there were way to many people. In this photo is a full size para in his harness with the planes and other parachutes around him. The other panels all have planes and parachutes with all their gear and some other much smaller figurines. Besides that you could take a walk that had a great number of info panels at the side with the complete story of the Battle of Arnhem. The book "A bridge too far" and the rather famous film with the same title tell that story in detail. In the end operation Market Garden failed and the Netherlands had to face a terrible famine in the winter before we were liberated in1945 and the war ended.

Sorry for the history lesson, but otherwise there isn't any context for this photo.

WEEK-38-600.jpg

• WOW 1
  • Love 4

18 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Over here this week it is 80 years ago that the airborne landings that were part of operation Market Garden in WWII took place. There is a special monument  to commemorate the droppings on the Ginkelse Heide in Ede where they landed with their materials and vehicles. It is made out of Corten steel, 6 meters high and has 5 panels. At the bottom of the panels are plaques that tell the story. A couple of weeks ago when I visited my son we took a look at it when we were passing by on a walk on the heath. It was impossible to get all the panels in one photo because there were way to many people. In this photo is a full size para in his harness with the planes and other parachutes around him. The other panels all have planes and parachutes with all their gear and some other much smaller figurines. Besides that you could take a walk that had a great number of info panels at the side with the complete story of the Battle of Arnhem. The book "A bridge too far" and the rather famous film with the same title tell that story in detail. In the end operation Market Garden failed and the Netherlands had to face a terrible famine in the winter before we were liberated in1945 and the war ended.

Sorry for the history lesson, but otherwise there isn't any context for this photo.

WEEK-38-600.jpg

That is an impressive structure. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

WEEK-38-600.jpg

I found the history lesson interesting.  I'm glad you shared it.  In North America we cant even imagine what that would have been like and that there would still be people living now (young kids then) that had to experience that.  The detail in the parachute harness is neat.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I found the history lesson interesting.  I'm glad you shared it.  In North America we cant even imagine what that would have been like and that there would still be people living now (young kids then) that had to experience that.  The detail in the parachute harness is neat.  

I just followed the memorial flight of the paratroopers today on the telly. Luckily the weather was great so the landings could take place as planned. There have been years that it had to be cancelled due to bad weather conditions, but not today. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Sharla said:

Week 38 This is a close up a Chrysanthemum bought as a houseplant.  I just love the delicate colouring to the petal edges.

week 38 small.jpg

That is a very beautiful close up. I love chrysanthemums, but my husband is allergic to them, so we can't have them in the house and preferably not on the patio either. If we get a bouquet where they are in, I have to remove them and rearrange my bouquet.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Week 39, I do two per week,  one wildlife and the other landscapes.  Seeing as we  are now into Autumn I thought I'd post a shot taken the other day.  I love earth tone colours.

Week thirty nine.jpg

It could be my bad memory, but I think this is the first of your pics that doesn't have wildlife in it. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Michele said:

It could be my bad memory, but I think this is the first of your pics that doesn't have wildlife in it. 

I believe, I have posted 12 non wildlife pages in this challenge alone.  Only the other week,  week 35 was a photo of an old local red barn.  I had to check myslef, as I created the pages, and yet doubted my memory of  what I had and hadn't posted.  Lol !!!

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Haha 1