September FREEBIE Challenge (2024)

Cassel

spacer.png

Freebies are great resources that you can find in many places to build a library of elements, graphics, and tools. Since they are free, they are available to all.

For September, how about using these basic painted frames to showcase your photos? 

spacer.png

They are available on this blog post

I use your painted frames all the time to showcase what I'm watching today on tv. I got a new 36" monitor for Christmas with lots of space for displays! For example, here's what I had for Friday 9/27 - @Corrie Kinkel This is set in Amsterdam. The actor's name is Marc Warren and I first saw him on The Good Wife so I thought I'd try this show, also.

VAN DER VALK-FRAMED_campus-600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 4

7 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

I use your painted frames all the time to showcase what I'm watching today on tv. I got a new 36" monitor for Christmas with lots of space for displays! For example, here's what I had for Friday 9/27 - @Corrie Kinkel This is set in Amsterdam. The actor's name is Marc Warren and I first saw him on The Good Wife so I thought I'd try this show, also.

VAN DER VALK-FRAMED_campus-600.jpg

I watch most PBS dramas, but this is one that comes on late and is very dark. I usually turn it off, but I'm sure I'm missing something really good. I do not recall this guy from The Good Wife.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I watch most PBS dramas, but this is one that comes on late and is very dark. I usually turn it off, but I'm sure I'm 

Marc is a renowned British actor, I remember him as a child in Grange Hill.  Van Der Valk, is an excellent program.

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Van Der Valk, is an excellent program.

Yes, it seems to be. I'm really into it but I started back on Season One. The first I realized who the actor was is when they announced the start of Season 4, so I have a lot of viewing pleasure to look forward to...

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

The actor's name is Marc Warren

I happen to be watching Band of Brothers right now and he's in it. That was a long time ago. I don't normally watch war movies/mini-series, but this one is exceptional.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Michele said:

I happen to be watching Band of Brothers right now and he's in it. That was a long time ago. I don't normally watch war movies/mini-series, but this one is exceptional.

I have watched Band of Brothers when it was broadcasted over here and it comes on again sometimes. I think my husband has seen it at least 4 times now.

• Like 3

I needed a new card to send to a friend of us and I know he likes flowers too, but I didn't want the card to be too girlie. I used one of my photos taken of summer bells (Leucojum Gravetye Giant) with a mask by Jessica Dunn and of course the freebie frames. I had to change the colors of the frames for something that goes with the photo but I kept the transparency of them. The background is made of the same photo with a lot of blur and an overlay of paint streaks that I did for another project with reduced opacity. To let the frames stand out a bit they got a very light shadow with an offset of 1 and no blur. The font is Belinda. The card has to go in the mail so it is a double card with my logo on the back and I'm going to print it later today.

Freebie-Challenge-card-600.jpg

• Love 8

I didn't use the freebie, I used one of the templates I created myself, as I don't have the script.  The tag is from my own resourses, the backgroundpaper is a paper template.   Colours taken from the photo, and the leafy element.

September Freebie Challenge Autumn (2).jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 6

19 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I didn't use the freebie, I used one of the templates I created myself, as I don't have the script.  The tag is from my own resourses, the backgroundpaper is a paper template.   Colours taken from the photo, and the leafy element.

Nice frames and a bit wider then the freebies. I love the simplicity of the layout and the colors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Nice frames and a bit wider then the freebies. I love the simplicity of the layout and the colors.

I was going to go with a mask, but saw that you had already created a gorgeous birthday card using a mask. Creating these frames are ever so easy. Saying that the more corners, and overlaps you have the  more work it involves. Yet worth it in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Here is another one using  my own template.  The beauty of creating one's own allows you to  have wider and narrower spaces between the frames, and widths of the frames. 

Frame freebie challenge waiting for the wind to blow.jpg

Making my own frames is on my ever growing list of ideas that I want to follow and create. There are just not enough hours in a day to do everything that I want or must do. I'm not really a "house wife", if my windows are dirty well it will be going to rain again, but there are things that have to be done. 😉 Maybe I'll have more free time in the winter months. October is a busy month with birthdays that we have to attent, I'm making and printing the cards now because 2 of those are for dear friends that will be 80! For the more common numbers I can choose cards from my stock. But these are the first 2 that reach 80, so for the next one I already have a card.😀

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Making my own frames is on my ever growing list of ideas that I want to follow and create. There are just not enough hours in a day to do everything that I want or must do. I'm not really a "house wife", if my windows are dirty well it will be going to rain again, but there are things that have to be done. 😉 Maybe I'll have more free time in the winter months. October is a busy month with birthdays that we have to attent, I'm making and printing the cards now because 2 of those are for dear friends that will be 80! For the more common numbers I can choose cards from my stock. But these are the first 2 that reach 80, so for the next one I already have a card.😀

As I get older the less time I get to accomplish what I set out to do  in a day. I thought I'd have more time on my  hands, but apparentely not. It isn't as if I sit on my laurels either.  Winter is the time to be more creative on PSP, once  I have organized my photos,  identified and documented insects, birds and other creatures I may not be familiar with.  Long cold, dark  Winter days and nights is the best time to while  away those  hours on PSP. Even preparing  for the  following year's calendars and cards.

• Like 4

I'm a day late, but I'm here. I used one of Cassel's edge punches on a straight line, then ran the Mitered Corner script for both frames. The original tries were done manually, but I'm hard on myself and couldn't get them to line up perfectly. I couldn't resist adding a little gnome. I found the pic on Google.

large.PaintedFrames0105600.jpg.f4456840355d74649cf12e1c6e830142.jpg

• Love 6

14 minutes ago, Michele said:

I'm a day late, but I'm here. I used one of Cassel's edge punches on a straight line, then ran the Mitered Corner script for both frames. The original tries were done manually, but I'm hard on myself and couldn't get them to line up perfectly. I couldn't resist adding a little gnome. I found the pic on Google.

I love the little guy at the bottom corner, Michele! 😄 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Michele said:

I too love the gnome in the  corner, a nice touch. Between the punches and the mitred corner, there are endless possibilities. Even, with the  punches  on their own.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Cassel unpinned this topic
On 9/29/2024 at 7:48 PM, Sue Thomas said:

Love the choice of colours and the elements you worked in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1