What are you working on (in August 2024)?

Cassel

Date-03-2024.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in August be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save it in .jpg format before posting it (if you are creating a double page, you can resize it to 1000 pixels in width if you don't want to post the pages separately).

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

• when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.
  • if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyway).
  • if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!
  • if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get a better-quality image than the resized image anyway.

I'm a soccer fan, love watching it. Men or women. It really is the beautiful game!

Despite the cloud of controversy that appeared over the Canadian Women's Soccer team, I am still cheering them on. I hope they kick some butt and win gold (again).

This is not any sort of political statement. Just my enthusiasm for their efforts.

I wanted to use the slit corners. Seems I got only the one and the bottom right looks funny. Oh well, next time.

Soccer Canada fan.jpg

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Love 8

3 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I'm a soccer fan, love watching it. Men or women. It really is the beautiful game!

Despite the cloud of controversy that appeared over the Canadian Women's Soccer team, I am still cheering them on. I hope they kick some butt and win gold (again).

This is not any sort of political statement. Just my enthusiasm for their efforts.

I wanted to use the slit corners. Seems I got only the one and the bottom right looks funny. Oh well, next time.

Soccer Canada fan.jpg

Nice! Soccer is more or less our national sport and I have been watching a lot of games. Nowadays mostly on the telly because my hubby always tries to follow the competition for the UEFA and FIFA games. For me that is getting a bit too much soccer or voetbal as we call it. Who knows with the Olympics going on now, maybe  the teams of Canada and Holland will meet on the field!

• Like 2

Anniedigitals has a new project Numbers and i noticed this one on time! This is the layout I did with the template for number 8. It was the first time I participated in something on her FB site, I started following her recently. I requested the #8 because my dad had something with that number, major things in his live had to do with it, like the month he was born was august, he was the 8th child, lived on #8 and I was born on the 8th of april and so on. All photos are by me and I use the free script Selection to Path that Carole mentioned in the Featured Resource blogpost in June 2024. After using that script I could run the VectorTube script to get a border with flowers around the 8. I love that Selection to Path script, it worked fantastic and I think I will be using this often!

ACD_TempN8-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Anniedigitals has a new project Numbers and i noticed this one on time! This is the layout I did with the template for number 8. It was the first time I participated in something on her FB site, I started following her recently. I requested the #8 because my dad had something with that number, major things in his live had to do with it, like the month he was born was august, he was the 8th child, lived on #8 and I was born on the 8th of april and so on. All photos are by me and I use the free script Selection to Path that Carole mentioned in the Featured Resource blogpost in June 2024. After using that script I could run the VectorTube script to get a border with flowers around the 8. I love that Selection to Path script, it worked fantastic and I think I will be using this often!

ACD_TempN8-600.jpg

Here's to your dad! What a lovely layout for him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Nice! Soccer is more or less our national sport and I have been watching a lot of games. Nowadays mostly on the telly because my hubby always tries to follow the competition for the UEFA and FIFA games. For me that is getting a bit too much soccer or voetbal as we call it. Who knows with the Olympics going on now, maybe  the teams of Canada and Holland will meet on the field!

I know it's called football but if we use that term here people think of American football which, to me, is not very fun.

• Like 3

ACD_TempN8-600.jpg

Annie C's whole alphabet is on sale on Etsy for 55% off in case anyone is interested. The numbers are not posted there yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Julie Magerka said:

Annie C's whole alphabet is on sale on Etsy for 55% off in case anyone is interested. The numbers are not posted there yet.

She is working on the numbers and they will come to Etsy as soon as she has enough pages done. The alphabet is lovely but I don't think I'll buy it at this moment in time. Today my new glasses were ready and they cost a small "fortune". August didn't start cheep and it is only the 1st day of the month!😢

• Like 2

I was playing with the July font challenge and though I would post this here too.   "I went in a totally different direction with this.  I got to playing with some of the dingbat letters to see what they would look like extracted from different papers.  Then I decided I would like to know what each letter looked like.  One thing led to another. Well you know how that goes. LOL  I did not put any shadows on anything, but I did make the page of dingbats darker to show up better.  I also posted this pick on the facebook page  in a larger file"

kr down by the sea font examples with photo 6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

She is working on the numbers and they will come to Etsy as soon as she has enough pages done. The alphabet is lovely but I don't think I'll buy it at this moment in time. Today my new glasses were ready and they cost a small "fortune". August didn't start cheep and it is only the 1st day of the month!😢

Even at a good discount, it's a bit pricey for me too. Don't think I could use the whole alphabet. Maybe I'll buy one or two letters.

• Like 3

A birthday ecard for a friend at home. I replaced the birthday  greeting with a quote. Duplicated the photo.  I used the watercolour mask technique.  Changed the duplicated photo to black and white added a texture.  Carole's corner punches always come in handy.   A photo I took yesterday, specifically for this card. A subject even perched on the branch I had placed amongst the trees.  As I didn't want to much depth of field.  I wanted some detail. As any bird that  perched there would have sufficed, or mammal come to think of it. 

Robin Immature card.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, Julie Magerka said:

Even at a good discount, it's a bit pricey for me too. Don't think I could use the whole alphabet. Maybe I'll buy one or two letters.

She has/had the letter templates on sale 55% off...for all 26 letters...55% off...still too much. I love her creations but seldom buy.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

She has/had the letter templates on sale 55% off...for all 26 letters...55% off...still too much. I love her creations but seldom buy.

With your experience, you can surely replicate the main parts as if they were sketches!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

I loved what you did with the letters you used. Looking at Corrie's number 8 layout, it would be easy enough to  replicate  her templates. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cassel said:

With your experience, you can surely replicate the main parts as if they were sketches!

You and I  posted at the same time.  We were thinking along the same line, of replicating  those pages.

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2

This is the very first time I have visited anniecdigitals.  She really does have some cool, unique  templates.  I replicated the letter B, which I will use to showcase some photos. 

Image1.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • WOW 1
  • Love 6

7 hours ago, Cassel said:

7 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

You and I  posted at the same time.  We were thinking along the same line, of replicating  those pages.

When I started here, one of the things I wanted to create was Masks.  I had downloaded a few free masks, but I wanted to know how to make my own.

Sue was already creating lovely layouts (I think we joined the Campus in the same year - 2016).  When I commented about the masks, she answered that they were not difficult to create—and she was right. 🙂 

I've learned so much from Carole and other members over the years, and now, looking at some layouts, I think, "I can replicate this".

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Cristina said:

When I started here, one of the things I wanted to create was Masks.  I had downloaded a few free masks, but I wanted to know how to make my own.

Sue was already creating lovely layouts (I think we joined the Campus in the same year - 2016).  When I commented about the masks, she answered that they were not difficult to create—and she was right. 🙂 

I've learned so much from Carole and other members over the years, and now, looking at some layouts, I think, "I can replicate this".

How time has flown,  developing our own unique styles in that time, whilst having fun and learning lots. I will reiterate again by saying, use the 'from vector shape' tool rather than the magic wand to maintain sharp clear curves. Before converting to masks if you want to use the shapes for adding photos. Cristina, I  don't think, I  know you can replicate those templates.

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

A birthday ecard for a friend at home. I replaced the birthday  greeting with a quote. Duplicated the photo.  I used the watercolour mask technique.  Changed the duplicated photo to black and white added a texture.  Carole's corner punches always come in handy.   A photo I took yesterday, specifically for this card. A subject even perched on the branch I had placed amongst the trees.  As I didn't want to much depth of field.  I wanted some detail. As any bird that  perched there would have sufficed, or mammal come to think of it. 

Robin Immature card.jpg

I am running out of superlatives to use! It's so lovely!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

I am running out of superlatives to use! It's so lovely!

As do I,  with countless works of art posted, they are quite simply ineffable. Many of us have our very own distinctive, unique styles, you are no exception. Yours, I  would describe as exquisitely  delicate.  Our styles develope with time.

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1