Newsletter chitchat - June 4, 2024

Cassel

Wow, I'm able to post!

Here is a photo of a "Japanse Kornoelje" or Japanese Dogwood that is flowering in a garden around the corner where I live. It is a European cousin of the Mountain or Pacific Dogwood which I saw in Yosemite a couple of weeks ago. Most of our spring flowering trees or bushes like the magnolia, cherry, apple and pear are over now and the rhododendrons have suffered from all the rain we got. I didn't have had the time to make a layout with this photo, I'm just glad my pc is up and running again. The problems started when we got a lot of updates from different sources almost at once. Our Network provider installed a new connection point, then we got a modem update, a windows update, an update for the drivers of the pc. My pc is an Acer and that got an update as well. Somehow there went something wrong, but I think and hope that everything here is up and running again! 

Japanse Kornoelje.jpg

• Love 6

2 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Wow, I'm able to post!

Here is a photo of a "Japanse Kornoelje" or Japanese Dogwood that is flowering in a garden around the corner where I live. It is a European cousin of the Mountain or Pacific Dogwood which I saw in Yosemite a couple of weeks ago. Most of our spring flowering trees or bushes like the magnolia, cherry, apple and pear are over now and the rhododendrons have suffered from all the rain we got. I didn't have had the time to make a layout with this photo, I'm just glad my pc is up and running again. The problems started when we got a lot of updates from different sources almost at once. Our Network provider installed a new connection point, then we got a modem update, a windows update, an update for the drivers of the pc. My pc is an Acer and that got an update as well. Somehow there went something wrong, but I think and hope that everything here is up and running again! 

Japanse Kornoelje.jpg

Corrie, your experience with your pc sort of mirrors our problems here with the Campus and, additionally, when on the internet today, every one of my usual sites is asking for credentials and additional third factor ID. It is annoying, to say the least. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

Corrie, your experience with your pc sort of mirrors our problems here with the Campus and, additionally, when on the internet today, every one of my usual sites is asking for credentials and additional third factor ID. It is annoying, to say the least. 

Ann tell me! This costed me more than 2 weeks to sort out and my son had to come to the rescue as well! Now I'm seeing what I can get back in the form as downloads from previous posts for the P52 and AAM challenges. It will be small 600.jpgs but at least I know what I made for the first 14 weeks. The rest of the file where I had all the results from all the workshops is lost! But to my immens relieve the rest of all my supplies, including everything I bought over the years is fine, as well as all of the monthly challenges.

• WOW 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

I know I might sound like a broken record, but online backup can be a life-saver. I can't imagine how i would do if I lost everything about the Campus, the store, and all my supplies and photos. That peace of mind is definitely worth that $100/year. I wrote about it in here.

• Like 4

Yah I know, but I have a separate SSD (solid state drive) for all my scrapbook supplies and a 2nd SSD as backup. The best part of my photos is in the iCloud as well as on the pc. Only PSP itself is on my C-drive. I'll have to think about an online backup; you on the other hand run the campus and the store, so that's something on a much bigger scale.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 5:39 PM, Anne Lamp said:

I am not sure what bush this is, but it was taken the end of April at my Church like a lot of my flower pictures are.

Image1.jpg

Is that bridalwreath spirea by any chance? Those bushes are always covered in small white flowers. (oops, just realized that Mary gave it the correct name)

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Wow, I'm able to post!

Japanse Kornoelje.jpg

There are so many wonderful dogwoods that have such an abundance of blooms. I really like them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

On a visit to Warwick, I spotted these Queen of the Prairie flowers, and so I made a little layout using a Rachael Martin template.

QUEEN OF THE PRAIRIE SCRAP_600.jpg

That's not a plant I'm familiar with. Our soil wouldn't allow it to thrive I don't think. But it is so pretty.

• Like 1

More flower pictures from my garden. May & June are the best months (here) for fresh-looking plants. By July, it's all starting to look a bit tired and dry. And by then, I'm tired of pulling the same weeds over and over.

I used a layout from Katie Pertiet's site as a scraplift.

2024 June layout roses & lilies.jpg

• Love 7

3 hours ago, Cassel said:

I know I might sound like a broken record, but online backup can be a life-saver. I can't imagine how i would do if I lost everything about the Campus, the store, and all my supplies and photos. That peace of mind is definitely worth that $100/year. I wrote about it in here.

Peace of mind at a good price! I love online backup and don't mind paying for it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

More flower pictures from my garden. May & June are the best months (here) for fresh-looking plants. By July, it's all starting to look a bit tired and dry. And by then, I'm tired of pulling the same weeds over and over.

I used a layout from Katie Pertiet's site as a scraplift.

2024 June layout roses & lilies.jpg

Beautiful, Julie. I'm in New York's Mid-Hudson Valley; where are you located? Just wondering if the flowers would be similar there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Since this is about our current gardens, I'll repost my pictures of the flowers in our gardens in May. Three of our azalea bushes are pictured: the white, rose and pink which are in our back and side gardens.

Lab 12 Mod 6_600.jpg

Edited by Mary Solaas
  • Love 6

5 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Beautiful, Julie. I'm in New York's Mid-Hudson Valley; where are you located? Just wondering if the flowers would be similar there.

Thank you Ann. I'm in SW Ontario (near Windsor) and the climate is quite mild here for many plants that won't grow elsewhere in the province.

On 6/8/2024 at 11:05 AM, Mary Solaas said:

We called it Bridal Spirea

I should have know what it was.  We call it a Bridal Wreath too.  The pic was fro a couple of years ago and at that angle it didn't click what it was.  I have been taking pictures of those bushes for years, but not usually from that angle.  Just a senior moment I guess.  LOL

• Like 1