What are you working on (in June 2024)?

Cassel

10 minutes ago, Anne Lamp said:

I got some pretty good moon picks a few nights ago and combined two of them and then put it on a Starry Night Sky background (probably from C,F.

leaves on moon dark stary sky  6.jpg

Anne nice picture of the moon; you must live in an area without light contamination!  I wish could take such a picture but the few times I was in such a place with a full moon, there were clouds!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Anne nice picture of the moon; you must live in an area without light contamination!  I wish could take such a picture but the few times I was in such a place with a full moon, there were clouds!

Thank You.  I live in town and there are street lights etc. in fact there is one not thirty feet east of my porch where I took the picks from.  Luckily the moon was pretty much due south of my house and there is a tree just west of that light that cuts down on the glare.  I just got lucky with the direction and height of the moon that night, and a beautiful clear not hazy evening. Well actually about 1AM,

• Like 4

On 6/13/2024 at 2:34 PM, Susan Ewart said:

My physiotherapist is moving to the the interior of British Columbia (Kelowna, also part of the what we call the Okanagan area - home of the Ogopogo).  I have lived in that area twice in my life enjoying mountains, lakes and lots of fruit (cherries, peaches, apples, grapes) and lots of wineries...even though I don't drink wine.  This seems to be my go to e-card style of the moment.  they are quick and easy to do...well, I say "quick", deciding on the font is the hardest part and takes forever playing around with it.  You will notice the kerning on the word "Bye" is weird.  I wanted the swash of B to blend in to part of the swash on the "e".  I made masks for each, the upper and lower portions thinking I'd be using two different pictures (Lake shown is Lake Okanagan).  I like the original photo, that I found on the internet so I put a copy into each mask but I wanted it to seem like it was two different elements.  For the top portion I added two textures and some noise and used brightness/contrast to darken it a bit.  That is also the area I added my sentiment on the copy I sent to her.  

goodbye sentiment-600.jpg

Beautiful. Everything so right about it.

• Love 1

One of the things I did recently was take a woman from BC on a guided tour of my hometown so she could learn about the place where her ancestors lived many years ago (here in Ontario). It was a very hot & sunny day but we had a good time. We had exchanged many emails back & forth and met for the first time that day. She took lots of pix and I took many of her in the places that mattered. With one of those I made this layout for her.

Foxton layout at cemetery-600.jpg

• Love 5

20 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

One of the things I did recently was take a woman from BC on a guided tour of my hometown so she could learn about the place where her ancestors lived many years ago (here in Ontario). It was a very hot & sunny day but we had a good time. We had exchanged many emails back & forth and met for the first time that day. She took lots of pix and I took many of her in the places that mattered. With one of those I made this layout for her.

Foxton layout at cemetery-600.jpg

Julie, what a wonderful thing.  It must have felt surreal for her.  

• Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 4:40 PM, Corrie Kinkel said:

I actually like taking pictures of the moon when they are clouds or trees partially obscuring it. My absolute favorite picture I took was maybe 15 years ago. I was attending a camera club meeting at my church (we talked and learned about all things from usage of the camera to setting scenes for taking photos). When we came out it was a Harvest Moon in the sky with a cloud cover. I stood with my back against my vehicle to be as still as possible (didn't have my tripod which is highly recommended for night photos). I held my arms very close to my body and took several photos. One of them is absolutely amazing. I ended up having it printed as an 8x10 and put into a larger frame with matting. It was displayed in the church along with other photos from members of the camera club for awhile. It now hangs in my living room. I love the spooky feel of it!

I also did this layout of the photo.

awp challenge 2-2011.jpg

• Love 7

16 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

I actually like taking pictures of the moon when they are clouds or trees partially obscuring it. My absolute favorite picture I took was maybe 15 years ago. I was attending a camera club meeting at my church (we talked and learned about all things from usage of the camera to setting scenes for taking photos). When we came out it was a Harvest Moon in the sky with a cloud cover. I stood with my back against my vehicle to be as still as possible (didn't have my tripod which is highly recommended for night photos). I held my arms very close to my body and took several photos. One of them is absolutely amazing. I ended up having it printed as an 8x10 and put into a larger frame with matting. It was displayed in the church along with other photos from members of the camera club for awhile. It now hangs in my living room. I love the spooky feel of it!

awp challenge 2-2011.jpg

I love that, it's moody and mysterious.  Beautiful shot.  

I spent yesterday revising my wedding card. Most of the graphics are from CF except the silhoutte which is from Canva. The side font is ruritania. The other fonts are FarewellAngelina and FancyPants(I don't remember where I got them) and starinline(purchased from Deeezy.com). The other font is DDRadford from CF. I made the letters M and J, but stupidly forgot to save the vector so I don't remember what it is, but it's from CF. I also made the gold frame on the inside. The wedding is today so I just managed to get it ready after an extremely hectic week.

The card is an 8 1/2 by 11 printed borderless on card stock.

dsfrontwedding600.jpg

dsweddinginside600.jpg

• WOW 1
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

I spent yesterday revising my wedding card. Most of the graphics are from CF except the silhoutte which is from Canva. The side font is ruritania. The other fonts are FarewellAngelina and FancyPants(I don't remember where I got them) and starinline(purchased from Deeezy.com). The other font is DDRadford from CF. I made the letters M and J, but stupidly forgot to save the vector so I don't remember what it is, but it's from CF. I also made the gold frame on the inside. The wedding is today so I just managed to get it ready after an extremely hectic week.

dsfrontwedding600.jpg

dsweddinginside600.jpg

Wow Donna, that's a STUNNER!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

awp challenge 2-2011.jpg

4 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

awp challenge 2-2011.jpg

Rene what a great shot and your layout is very wel suited for this photo! I like it very much. What I said to Anne about not being in the right place for such photos is however true. In the Netherlands the streets and squares in the cities and villages are on a totally different scale as what I have encountered in the States. We don't have many open spaces in our villages. Of course the really big cities like New York are an exemption. I tried to take photos of the moon in my village but, there is always a street lamp, a car or a building obscuring my view; believe me, I wouldn't mind a tree. 

2 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

dsfrontwedding600.jpg

dsweddinginside600.jpg

Donna this is an artwork, you really outdid yourself.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Rene what a great shot and your layout is very wel suited for this photo! I like it very much. What I said to Anne about not being in the right place for such photos is however true. In the Netherlands the streets and squares in the cities and villages are on a totally different scale as what I have encountered in the States. We don't have many open spaces in our villages. Of course the really big cities like New York are an exemption. I tried to take photos of the moon in my village but, there is always a street lamp, a car or a building obscuring my view; believe me, I wouldn't mind a tree. 

There are multiple street lights in the area I took my photo that is in town with streets and buildings with outdoor lights on at night around it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Thanks Sue. I don't know why that one mask gave me trouble. Usually using masks is easy for me. But I was also rushing and that doesn't help.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2024 at 9:27 AM, Rene Marker said:

awp challenge 2-2011.jpg

On 6/28/2024 at 9:27 AM, Rene Marker said:

awp challenge 2-2011.jpg

That is a nice one, I bet you did a little Happy Dance when you came out and saw that moon just begging to be photographed.   I added another pic after seeing this.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 10:43 AM, Susan Ewart said:

I love that, it's moody and mysterious.  Beautiful shot.  

I just looked at all the photos I took that night. This was the first one and the best of the bunch! The others aren't quite so moody and mysterious. And my camera was a Canon PowerShot S3 IS on Auto mode. Exposure Time was 1s, Aperture 3.63 and F Stop of f/3.5.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Thanks Sue. I don't know why that one mask gave me trouble. Usually using masks is easy for me. But I was also rushing and that doesn't help.

Sometimes it takes several attempts at drawing around the image to get the effect I am looking for.  Also I will  edit the mask after I have run the script.

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1