What are you working on (in May 2024)?

Cassel

On 5/7/2024 at 6:48 PM, Sue Thomas said:

Many of the native sparrow species have already arrived.  Much to my delight the White -crowned Sparrows turned up  yesterday.  I was pleased to welcome them back.  A perfect opportunity to  create a banner after watching the live masterclass on Sunday.   The sparrows of the open field will stay, those like the White crowned will  move on further north.  

I used a gradient which I created  for the pennants using colours from the photo,  and the light coloured  wood frame

Sparrow White crowned.jpg

I get these cute little ones in my yard and at the feeders too. You got a great shot and made the usual lovely layout with a fab banner!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

large.2024418DeerAlertcd_digital_scrapbooking_template_295600.jpg.f05d1df32f322479811733fb7f468572.jpg

Template 295 by Chantahliadesign. Recent walks in the woods have yielded encounters with deer. I'm never too close to them. I use a 200mm lens. Word art from Creative Fabricia.

Wish I still had my old 105 mm lens that I had on the Nikon. Great pictures.

• Like 2

Finally grabbed a quick pic of the wisteria arbour that grows in a fellow's back yard that butts up to the park where I walk the dogs. It's a bit past its best blooms, but still lovely to see. Not many of these vines growing in this area. I don't think many people have the patience to grow it or the time to prune it.

2024 May project wisteria.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 8

On 5/7/2024 at 3:35 AM, Rene Marker said:

Don't mind me but I have to brag on myself... The designer of the kit I used (Forever Joy at The LilyPad), has added this layout to her Pinterest board where she highlights layouts done with her products! This is a first for me with her products!

Forever Joy

Rene, it's sure a good feeling, isn't it? Congrats!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 8:11 PM, Julie Magerka said:

I wanted to try something different (for me at any rate). Used all elements but 2 from Di Hiller kits which tend to be in vibrant colours. This is my take on the "table" layout that Carole highlighted. Just silly, whimsical, and colourful for the month of May when colour comes back.

2024 May garden di hiller.jpg

I love that, Julie! I also like DiHiller's kits very much and her monthly updates about Boo, her cat.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/7/2024 at 7:39 PM, Ann Seeber said:

I had a couple of new bird sightings according to my Merlin app so I used the photos for a layout based on a template by Marisa Larin. It seems to use the "table" concept that Carole mentioned since I rotated the entire template 90 degrees. It was a treat to see this bright yellow warbler!

yellow warbler and song sparrow_600.jpg

Ann, this is such a lovely layout. What a blessing it is to be able to see all these beautiful species in their natural habitat.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 5/10/2024 at 2:59 AM, Bonnie Ballentine said:

large.2024418DeerAlertcd_digital_scrapbooking_template_295600.jpg.f05d1df32f322479811733fb7f468572.jpg

Template 295 by Chantahliadesign. Recent walks in the woods have yielded encounters with deer. I'm never too close to them. I use a 200mm lens. Word art from Creative Fabricia.

Bonnie, great layout displaying those beautiful animals... It must be a sight to see them "so close"... Look at those eyes!

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 3:13 AM, Bonnie Ballentine said:

large.2016911PennyExploringTemplate198delady22600.jpg.25f19c75bc75662659406fe7e6e888ac.jpg

I went all the way back to 2016 for these photos. Template 198, Lady 22. Font = Meows. Metal paw print by Sheila Reed; brown cat by Marisa Lerin, pet 001.

super Penny. He/she must be a very funny kitty IMHO:)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I finished another page... It feels good to be creating layouts again.

Credits:

• I used a template from Yin Designs with the necessary changes to fit my needs.  I met this designer through Carole on Day 4 of the Double Take Workshop.
  • Border Stitching by KAagard (KAagard_July17CCM_BorderStitches_5).  I applied a gradient to it, which I had created some time ago.
  • Cassel: Rivet - DateStamp#8 - Sticker Effect applied to the title
  • Title: Font GrilledCheese BTN Wide Blk

Edit: As it happens often, it was only after I had posted here that I noticed that the gradient was not applied to the whole stitching... I already corrected it.

Yin Designs template 200.jpg

Family Reunion 2023.jpg

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 7

When I first started to learn PSP a few years ago it was to improve old photos for my history articles. Then, with Carole and this group, I got hooked on learning more and just playing as a different kind of creative outlet, something removed from words which I deal with all the time in research.

This type of layout takes minutes to create and serves a purpose when I just want a more personal kind of message to send to someone. This time it was made for a friend whose husband of 54 years died. I sent a "proper" card (in the mail), but followed up with this. I just like that I can do that.

simple card_600.jpg

• Love 8

3 hours ago, Cristina said:

I finished another page... It feels good to be creating layouts again.

Credits:

Yin Designs template 200.jpg

Family Reunion 2023.jpg

Thanks for link to Yin Designs. Looks like they don't post much these days, but great stuff there.

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Her drawings of Boo are also among my favourite cartoon-type characters.

I don't remember seeing any of her drawings of Boo... just the monthly photos.

12 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

When I first started to learn PSP a few years ago it was to improve old photos for my history articles. Then, with Carole and this group, I got hooked on learning more and just playing as a different kind of creative outlet, something removed from words which I deal with all the time in research.

This type of layout takes minutes to create and serves a purpose when I just want a more personal kind of message to send to someone. This time it was made for a friend whose husband of 54 years died. I sent a "proper" card (in the mail), but followed up with this. I just like that I can do that.

simple card_600.jpg

What a loss for your friend. 😞 

But the card is beautifully made, Julie. Simple and full of sentiment.

I like your work very much.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Posted (edited)

Oh my oh my!  Everyone has been busy creating fabulous pages, each and every one, positively unique, and inspiring. 

Last night's project. I'm getting later and later now as the days are getting longer, to settle down, sort through photos to document them.  Over the years I have come across many banded birds, the majority of them being  birds of prey.  This male Tree swallow is the first seasonal visitor Swallow I've had which is banded. 

I played with textures, overlays and blend modes. Chalk texture technique.  The ribbon and bow is bow 3 script using the grosgrain pattern technique, found in the creative scrap. 

Spring migratory bird season.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

6 hours ago, Cristina said:

Bonnie, great layout displaying those beautiful animals... It must be a sight to see them "so close"... Look at those eyes!

Thank you, Christina!  I love the deer and watch them every chance I get. I love walking up on them in the woods. They sometimes run away and sometimes become very cautious and alert but allow me to photograph them. I find great pleasure in revisiting my photos. Memories like these are priceless.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Oh my oh my!  Everyone has been busy creating fabulous pages, each and every one, positively unique, and inspiring. 

Last night's project. I'm getting later and later now as the days are getting longer, to settle down, sort through photos to document them.  Over the years I have come across many banded birds, the majority of them being  birds of prey.  This male Tree swallow is the first seasonal visitor Swallow I've had which is banded. 

I played with textures, overlays and blend modes. Chalk texture technique.  The ribbon and bow is bow 3 script using the grosgrain pattern technique, found in the creative scrap. 

Spring migratory bird season.jpg

This is so lovely. The textures and blends work so well. As always, your colour choices are subtle and muted and gorgeous so the "critter" stands out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Cristina said:

I don't remember seeing any of her drawings of Boo... just the monthly photos.

There's a black & white kitty she has drawn that I always assumed she based on Boo. That kitty turns up sometimes in a kit. He's adorable.

di hiller kitty.jpg

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

This is so lovely. The textures and blends work so well. As always, your colour choices are subtle and muted and gorgeous so the "critter" stands out.

I appreciate those kind words.  I take  my colours from the photos.  I don't use  kits, or colour palettes. Mother nature provides me with everything I need to showcase  my photos. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Last night the northern lights were visible right down to our area in southwestern Ontario. I wasn't out and about to take pix, but I did find a local photographer who did. His name is Steve Biro and I think he works out of Windsor (Ontario).

Many years ago I worked as a summer student at a fishing camp in far north Ontario where the northern lights were on bright display. They were so wonderful to see.

2024 May 10 Northern LIghts.jpg

• Love 9

2 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Last night the northern lights were visible right down to our area in southwestern Ontario. I wasn't out and about to take pix, but I did find a local photographer who did. His name is Steve Biro and I think he works out of Windsor (Ontario).

Many years ago I worked as a summer student at a fishing camp in far north Ontario where the northern lights were on bright display. They were so wonderful to see.

2024 May 10 Northern LIghts.jpg

Several of my neighbors got photos last night in west central Ohio of them. All I saw with the naked eye was a slight pink glow. They were saying that we could see them again tonight and I've been out every 30 to 40 minutes taking photos but no luck.  Even a friend in Dayton, Ohio (an hour south of me) got photos last night.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

simple card_600.jpg

This is incredibly beautiful Julie.  It's is papers/elements blended.  It's so ethereal.  I looked up "ethereal" to make sure I'd used the word right.  And meaning of the word is perfect for this layout. 

e·the·re·al
/iˈTHirēəl/
adjective
  1. 1.
    extremely delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1