April TUT/TECH Challenge (2024)

Cassel

spacer.png

The Campus is the perfect place to learn more about photo editing, various techniques, or PSP in general.

This challenge will allow you to practice some of those techniques or use some tools.

This time, the Tut/Tech Challenge will be to remove glare on a photo. It could be on someone's glasses, but it could also be from a window

Check this blog article for detailed instructions.

spacer.png

Show us the before and after so we can see how much work you did!

I'm going to follow Mary's lead on this challenge.  This little beauty showed up this morning,  he immediately  reminded me of Ann, and the page  which she posted.  Last Autumn I  had dozens of them, but then they weren't  in their Spring attire.  A handsome  Spring male Myrtle Warbler.

The tools that you would use to remove glare in glasses can also be used in other projects, which is what I did here.  I used the clone tool to clone the bird to open  grassy space in the main photo. I also cloned out the  bird poop  on the wood.  I promoted to a new layer.  Created a mask to remove  any details that I had missed.  Copied a section of the grass area,   paste as a new image.  Edited the background. Copy and paste the  bird onto the edited grass.  I decided to frame it.  I have included the original photo which eables you to see what I  did. 

AprilTut tech challenge.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 5

8 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

I use the scratch removable tool to remove wires from pictures.  This is an example. I also played with glass texture on the one on which I had removed the wires.

Steve's Rainbow as taken_600.jpg

Steve's Rainbow- MLS GlassTextureOverlay01X2 after removing wires_600.jpg

You did a grand job removing the cables.  I find the scratch remover is a very handy tool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

Before:

large.Before.jpg.b43cad7c6e4606d9525666209b51cd8d.jpg

After:

large.After.jpg.a2b5fa6a965bd5710e32a71b76a56603.jpg

Done very quickly. I'm sure I could do better with a little more effort. I also removed an age spot from my forehead. 🙂

For quickly done, you  did a great job. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2024 at 12:06 PM, Mary Solaas said:

I use the scratch removable tool to remove wires from pictures.  This is an example. I also played with glass texture on the one on which I had removed the wires.

Steve's Rainbow as taken_600.jpg

Steve's Rainbow- MLS GlassTextureOverlay01X2 after removing wires_600.jpg

I have done that quite a few times.  It really makes a difference.

• Like 1