What are you working on (in March 2024)?

Cassel

Date-03-2024.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in March be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save it in .jpg format before posting it (if you are creating a double page, you can resize it to 1000 pixels in width if you don't want to post the pages separately).

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

• when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.
  • if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyway).
  • if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!
  • if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get a better-quality image than the resized image anyway.

Happy March! I feel we're now one step closer to Spring! 🌷 Here is my Wild Cat Calendar for March featuring The Mountain Lion, aka Cougar or Puma. I got the animal details from activecat.com. I will put a full-sized version on Facebook for printing as an 8.5"x11" decoration for our refrigerator doors. 😉 

2024 March Wild Cat Calendar-Mountain Lion_600.jpg

• Love 6

I came across this collage template from Corel this morning. I recall it being offered in the past but this time I snagged it to showcase this rainbow waterfall photo from my Hudson Valley in Pictures gallery group by Bruce Edwards from last week. Photo taken off-trail in Woodstock, NY. I played with the layout by centering the original photo to show through the four center openings and then clipping pieces off the leftover photo parts to fill the four corner spots. Definitely "rainbow-ish." I also posted this in the February Rainbow Challenge.

FEB RAINBOW_600.jpg

• Love 6

Fabulous pages @Ann Seber. TFS!!! 💕

I have a sort of culinary book going at the moment, Graphics myself, fonts Pacifico and Lato. see here https://imgur.com/a/xL7mbzw

The second one is from a daily project with papers I made for a designer challenge at DS, the 3rd one is from an album on the Paris arrondissements (here the 4th), and the last one is from my recent trip to Barcelona..

Edited by bina greene
  • Love 5

6 hours ago, bina greene said:

I have a sort of culinary book going at the moment, Graphics myself, fonts Pacifico and Lato. see here https://imgur.com/a/xL7mbzw

The second one is from a daily project with papers I made for a designer challenge at DS, the 3rd one is from an album on the Paris arrondissements (here the 4th), and the last one is from my recent trip to Barcelona..

Beautiful pages Bina.  The Culinary page is very nice looking, very much like a magazine page. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bina greene said:

I like all your creations, Bina. I will hop on a flight to Europe right away! I particularly liked the mixed media on the Barcelona page. The culinary is very readable, even with small type. Ah, someday, Paris! ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

large.202438RosemarysDaffsTemplate-Lab14-03600.jpg.0732b9a95a27cdf19f150f99a64a7808.jpg

One of my pickleball players gave me daffodils on Friday. Last year she gave me several bunches but this year she gave me a huge bunch all at one time. Template is from Lab 14-03. I created the plaid background using the daff that is in the center. My small bunch of daffs are blooming but they are not very pretty. Rosemary says I need to feed them...they volunteered...I never thought to feed them. I have found several bunches volunteering in the woods. I hope to dig them after the green dies, store them in a cool dry place and plant them next September. They need feeding also. Maybe next Spring I will have a nice display...fingers crossed!

• Like 1
  • Love 8

As you can see I've had a superb day outside, being entertained  by 6 hares.  At home we have a saying Mad March Hares. They aren't mad at all, instead it's the courting behaviour of mating hares.  They spent the day, running up, down, over and around the snowbanks in the yard and out in the stubble, chasing one another. Mating suitors.

White tailed hares resized 12 March.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1
  • WOW 2
  • Love 12

17 hours ago, bina greene said:

Fonts Lato and Pacifico

Bina, I love your layouts but unfortunately, the text is too small to read in this format. Can you post the text separately, in a larger version, as I'd love to read it. Thanks! 🧐

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

As you can see I've had a superb day outside, being entertained  by 6 hares.  At home we have a saying Mad March Hares. They aren't mad at all, instead it's the courting behaviour of mating hares.  They spent the day, running up, down, over and around the snowbanks in the yard and out in the stubble, chasing one another. Mating suitors.

Who needs TV when you have this right out side your house.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

Who needs TV when you have this right out side your house.

Exactly, you can't beat outdoor entertainment. BBC earth is free on the telly this month. Planet  Earth 111 is now airing on a Sunday night.  I was home when it was first aired  in 2022 in the UK. I'm  a huge fan of Brian Cox too. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jen Brown said:

My thanks for Cassel for showing me how to use masks in her recent Masks Workshop. I posted the following picture on my Facebook page and it was liked/loved by many of my friends.

Rusty March 2024 600.jpg

Creating and using masks has opened  a door for you.  Taking your creativity to a whole new level.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Nice area to camp!  I'm from the Edmonton area (St. Albert)  although I'm a BC transplant to AB.

I'm in NB. Was visiting my daughter in Edmonton Desrochers Area. Did 4 years in Nanaimo.

• Like 1

Carole's border and page punches, along with her fancy fonts, really don't need any introduction.  For the date I created a wooden token.  As for the hedgehog I went with a semi watercolour effect. Frame and mask my own. Whilst home with the little girls, I would take them up  Badgers lane, once at the top the view is spectacular. They would take their magnifying glasses, I spy insect book, and magnifying insect jars.  Needless to say I got those for them.  We would turn over stones, to see what was underneath.  On one occassion we saw this  Hedgehog.  Of course I had my camera with me. 

Hedgehog (2).jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1
  • Love 11

17 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Besides stunning photos I like the idea of having the text in e circle to match the photo circles!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Besides stunning photos I like the idea of having the text in e circle to match the photo circles!

Thank you for the  kind words.  The intention was to keep the flow of  circles, including the date. 

• Like 3

As I've mentioned (ad nauseam, I'm sure) the game I do these pics for has been repeating themes from a long time ago so I've just been tweaking the originals. Today I took the time to create a new one. The upside-down leprechaun stuck in his pot of gold is a freebie from DitzBlitz. I used several papers for the BG at different opacities including a couple from Janet Kemp's the-lucky-one bundle (PS/DS). The posers are my avatar from the game and the font is Celtic Knots, free from Fontspace.

large.FABDLSt.PattysPranks!600.jpg.4274652eae0d61afec1f8b9f291c3102.jpg

Edited by Michele
  • Love 8