February 2024 - P52 Challenge

Cassel

spacer.png

Do you want to challenge yourself to take photos every week for a year?

Maybe you want to practice your photography skills, or just try to capture "ordinary" daily occurrences.

Let's just encourage each other.

This is a no-pressure thread, and you can share the photos you took or the theme you are going for (if you are going with a theme).

And if you don't want to share the photos yet, and only showcase them once they are in a montage or a scrapbook page, you can just say that you did it.

And it is ok to start your 52 weeks at any time. It does not have to start in January!

• Cassel pinned this topic

Welsh Snowbrops.   Image taken  on the 29th January. The Daffs are slower to bloom, but the native  milk white Snowdrops are daintily  blooming across the Welsh countryside.  

Week five.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

Week 5 isn't still January?  Oops. I'll have to go retrieve mine too.  actually I thought it was all one long thread.  This is a good reason for me to be late in posting going forward.  

After a thought, I"m leaving it there.  Because for me the week starts on Sunday making more than 1/2 the week being still January.  and it's physically the 5th week of the new year.  That's my lopsided logic.

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Week 5 isn't still January?  Oops. I'll have to go retrieve mine too.  actually I thought it was all one long thread.  This is a good reason for me to be late in posting going forward. 

I just thought it would be a little easier to find our stuff by dividing the thread in months!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

I just thought it would be a little easier to find our stuff by dividing the thread in months!

Sounds good.  I'm leaving it there if that's okay.  I'll start Feb as week 6.  I can understand dividing it up.  If it was one long post it would 100's pages by the end of the year.  I should've used my head on thinking about that.  And I'll be careful to watch for the transitions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Sounds good.  I'm leaving it there if that's okay.  I'll start Feb as week 6.  I can understand dividing it up.  If it was one long post it would 100's pages by the end of the year.  I should've used my head on thinking about that.  And I'll be careful to watch for the transitions.

You can also post them in your personal gallery as a way to have them all together.

P52 Challenge Week 6

Today I have a Jack and Jacks = creamers!  I had wanted to show a nicer one I have but it has terrible reflections on it (bad photography) so I'm going to try them again.  I have 3 more Jacks to do.  And since it's the new month, I'll show where I'm at in my deck of cards.  That tea is getting really cold by now.  hahaha, I actually had to really water it down for it to "look" like tea.  The font I used is called Dept from Creative Fabrica.  Not super curvy, but just enough curves...like the little creamer.  BTW the cutie little t-pot will show up as one of the Queens.  I used a gradient (foreground-background) for the background and for the frame too, but I inverted the gradient on it.  there is a tiny spot in the middle that is the same color so in effect disappears a bit.  And I had to change the color of clubs, as this strange round deck had green clubs (Ewww).  

Oops, I forgot to straighten the card deck shot.

P52 Wk6 - Jack Clubs-600.jpg

P52 wk6 Deck-resized.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
forgot to add what I forgot to do
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

You can also post them in your personal gallery as a way to have them all together.

I have that on my list to do.  I'm quite behind in adding to the gallery, but I will make the time soon as I want to get it up to date.  

On 2/4/2024 at 9:39 PM, Susan Ewart said:

I have that on my list to do.  I'm quite behind in adding to the gallery, but I will make the time soon as I want to get it up to date.  

Me too, I always want to add to the gallery but then I'm spending a lot of time reading all the entrees here and think: later.......

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 3:06 PM, Marie-Claire said:

mclp_chall_P52_week5_20240204_132231.jpg

I asked the same question the whole time I was home, whether I was in Cornwall, West Wales ( Haverfordwest) or South Wales (Rhondda).  Cornwall was the worst, with continous wind, fog and what the Cornish call mizzle  ( drizzle).  Mind you it didn't deter us from going out and about, even the to beach. 

• Like 2

A mature female  Snowy Owl dropped in yesterday, whilst I was out back in the trees filling the bird feeders.  It's quite unusual to see them  perched in trees.  They are either on telegraph poles, fence posts or on the ground. 

I must say that I'm overwhelming impressed with all the  creativity being posted.  Such diversity.  Well done to you all.

Week six.jpg

• WOW 3
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Sue Thomas said:

A mature female  Snowy Owl dropped in yesterday, whilst I was out back in the trees filling the bird feeders.  It's quite unusual to see them  perched in trees.  They are either on telegraph poles, fence posts or on the ground. 

I must say that I'm overwhelming impressed with all the  creativity being posted.  Such diversity.  Well done to you all.

Week six.jpg

That is a phenomenal shot, Sue!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Week six.jpg

Wow, this is INCREDIBLE!  This is the perfect shot with the perfect background.  Awesome, just awesome! I also agree about the creativity of the posts here.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sue Thomas said:

Week six.jpg

What a gorgeous photo of that magnificent bird and perfectly presented without adding a bunch of things to distract from the bird.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Anne Lamp said:

What a gorgeous photo of that magnificent bird and perfectly presented without adding a bunch of things to distract from the bird.

Thank you!  It has always been my philosphy to be inimalistic with my pages,  in order not to distract from the subject in hand in any shape or form.   This page wasn't any different.

• Like 1

Presenting a new member of my small feral colony, "Little," the kitten on the right. Short and very fluffy, it bounces around as kittens are prone to do. 😆 On the left is "Bae" who is not much older than "Little" but was flummoxed when the smaller one showed up and stole the only toy! 

P52-WEEK SIX-KITTENS-BAE and LITTLE.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
Fixed font for year 2024 to match
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

Presenting a new member of my small feral colony, "Little," the kitten on the right. Short and very fluffy, it bounces around as kittens are prone to do. 😆 On the left is "Bae" who is not much older than "Little" but was flummoxed when the smaller one showed up and stole the only toy! 

P52-WEEK SIX-KITTENS-BAE and LITTLE.jpg

Ann, this is so sweet.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

It was purly by chance I had the camera with me whilst filling the feeders,  when she desended at the top of  a tree not to far away.   

Sue what a wonderful shot of this owl! I have said it before; I envy the surroundings you live in. I know it has a harsh climate but it rewards you with its beauty and we are lucky that we can enjoy it through your photos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Sue what a wonderful shot of this owl! I have said it before; I envy the surroundings you live in. I know it has a harsh climate but it rewards you with its beauty and we are lucky that we can enjoy it through your photos.

I felt privilaged and humbled when this beautiful female  graced the trees out back.  She even allowed me to take a few shots, before flying off.   I certainly do appreciate how lucky I am. Give me  the harsh climate over the Welsh weather any day of the week. The UK weather is the only thing I don't miss about home.

2 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

• Like 2

This week my Amaryllis opent its flowers and it looks gorgeous. The big bulb has 2 stalks with thick fat buds and one of them has its 5 flowers open now. The other stalk is shorter and the bud is still closed, but it is seldom that both stalks are in flower at the same time which make the period with flowers much longer. With all the miserable weather outside it is nice to have some color inside the house.

WEEK-6-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 6