What are you working on (in February 2024)?

Cassel

2 hours ago, Michele said:

The top one is a redo of the original from 2017. In case you guys don't remember, the game has been reusing themes for over a year now. Since FB pic size has changed, I've been trying to adjust to that format while using some skills I've learned in the past seven years (within the confines of the time I have every day). I'm sure you can all recognize Cassel's corner punches; I think I have them all. The font for this year's is Abongia from Creative Fabrica and the older one is Reybro from Fontbundles. The magnolias and the girl are from so long ago, I don't remember where I got them.

large.FABDLFirstBlush!600.jpg.117a8122d562f11c6ce0f157ea3c2185.jpg

large.FABDLFirstBlush(2018_08_0216_43_59UTC)600.jpg.62c52072cbd2834934e9b559e35310d1.jpg

Amazing what a difference when you mirrored the portrait. Love it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

I've been working on the Masterclass video cutout today because I love cutout design so much. I'm still having a bit of a problem with the buttons. And I actually got the beginning right first time. So that it doesn't look so boring, I framed it a bit.large.DS-Frame-Cutout.jpg.bf79de49c2e8b2a440d821646d3e44b4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 9

For the last 2 years (2022 and 2023), I have done a project in October of taking photos of the fall foliage every day of the month. In 2022, I was able to scrap the layout within a day or two. But with surgery the beginning of the month in 2023 and then getting the flu at the end of the month, I only got a couple of pages done. Then with another surgery the week before Christmas and a 3rd surgery Jan 18th, I never got the project finished. I made it a goal to get it done by the end of February. I'm happy to say that I got it done today!

I used templates from Fiddle-Dee-Dee at The Lily Pad. She has 3 sets that are autumn themed so I selected from them according to the number of photos I had for the day. I also have a lot of kits of the autumn theme (I love the colors) so tried to use the ones I had never used. And, Days 1 and 2 were made using the kit I made from the 2023 Build-A-Kit workshop along with the title page. I used the same kit for the 2 pages that will be next to each other in my album (for example, days 1/2, days 5/6 etc). Day 31 was on its own. I also used Cassel's Date Stamp on every page to show the date.

Here is the Day 31 layout: Kit is Evening Autumn by Kristin Aagard with some additional foliage from her CU Fall Foliage kits #2, #4 and #5. All available at The Lily Pad.

20231031 OD.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 9

A small project I've been working on to populate my new 32" monitor. I'm using the cass-painted-frames and I've made one for Cable or Streaming TV shows and a separate one for Streaming Movies. For the Movie one I went and found a film strip and duplicated it all over the place on top of the color painted frame strips. Here is one I did for my Friday Blue Bloods TV show and another for the film, Suncoast, which I will watch tonight on Hulu. 

BLUE BLOODS-TV SHOWS-PAINTED FRAMES_600.jpg

SUNCOAST- FILM PAINTED FRAME_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
found better art for Suncoast
  • Love 6

18 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

A small project I've been working on to populate my new 32" monitor. I'm using the cass-painted-frames and I've made one for Cable or Streaming TV shows and a separate one for Streaming Movies. For the Movie one I went and found a film strip and duplicated it all over the place on top of the color painted frame strips. Here is one I did for my Friday Blue Bloods TV show and another for the film, Suncoast, which I will watch tonight on Hulu. 

Great job! I am so disappointed that this is the last season for Blue Bloods. I love this show. Let me know what you think about Suncoast...so much to watch, so little time.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

Famous actors on both shows! (Don't know these shows)

8 minutes ago, MoniqueN. said:

Famous actors on both shows! (Don't know these shows)

Yes, Suncoast features Woody Harrelson and Laura Linney. Blue Bloods has Tom Selleck and Donnie Wahlberg.

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 1

I had no idea what to do with this. While playing around with borders and shadows, I ended up making "stickers". At least I hope that's what they look like. I added the same texture to everything and added a drop shadow around the bottom layers only. The font for the text is Priscilla Script (from Deal Jumbo) and the font for the hearts is Beauty And Love (from Creative Fabrica).

large.FABDLAskThemOut!600.jpg.f77f9952d338dabdf8e64c939cb8dc72.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

This is a beautiful illustration by Maja Lindberg that I found years ago. I used Suz Shook's script, ss-BrushstrokesFrame2 script  (the Creation Cassel store has several of her scripts for free). The font is Bradley Gratis.

large.FABDLSleepingBeautyBallet!02600.jpg.b93dfb4da5ebc059c7ec69bd19dbb1b5.jpg

• Love 9

1 hour ago, Michele said:

I had no idea what to do with this. While playing around with borders and shadows, I ended up making "stickers". At least I hope that's what they look like. I added the same texture to everything and added a drop shadow around the bottom layers only. The font for the text is Priscilla Script (from Deal Jumbo) and the font for the hearts is Beauty And Love (from Creative Fabrica).

Michele, this is really clever. Is it for the Divas?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Michele said:

This is a beautiful illustration by Maja Lindberg that I found years ago. I used Suz Shook's script, ss-BrushstrokesFrame2 script  (the Creation Cassel store has several of her scripts for free). The font is Bradley Gratis.

large.FABDLSleepingBeautyBallet!02600.jpg.b93dfb4da5ebc059c7ec69bd19dbb1b5.jpg

I love everything about this!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Michele said:

They sure do look like stickers to me.  Very cool effect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bonnie, these LOs are all just wonderful!  Just so fun and lively (though the subject matter doesn’t hurt, LOL!)  ***and tell the photographer or the group selfie that she has some serious skills!***.  👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 We can barely get 4 people in one! 

Question for you (or Carole) — On the “Photos in a Circle” template, it says they can be any shape. Can it also be any size? For instance, all I’ve seen go on a 3600 square mat, but what if I wanted to do 9”? Would that work?  Or even 4”?  (Maybe I’d want to do elements - birds circling or little flowers or something)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Suzy said:

Question for you (or Carole) — On the “Photos in a Circle” template, it says they can be any shape. Can it also be any size? For instance, all I’ve seen go on a 3600 square mat, but what if I wanted to do 9”? Would that work?  Or even 4”?  (Maybe I’d want to do elements - birds circling or little flowers or something)

Not really. The sizeof the individual shapes will be determined by the number of repeats. If you have fewer repeats, the size can be larger. If it has lots of repeats, it has to be smaller. The project will be created at 3600x3600 pixels by default. If you need something smaller overall, you can always resize it afterward. Remember that this is to create a template. If you want to place elements in a circle, that would be totally different (maybe something like this?)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suzy said:

Bonnie, these LOs are all just wonderful!  Just so fun and lively (though the subject matter doesn’t hurt, LOL!)  ***and tell the photographer or the group selfie that she has some serious skills!***.  👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 We can barely get 4 people in one! 

Thank you, Suzy! 2 of our number are really good at selfies. I'm lucky if I can get 2 people in the photo.  It is a fun group...so much laughter, fun and love.

• Like 2