October STRING OF WORDS Challenge (2023)

Cassel

spacer.png

Let's mix something up a bit, and instead of ME giving you a word to create a challenge, you will offer them. Here is how it will work.

1- I will suggest a STARTING WORD that someone will use in the title of their page.

2- Whoever WANTS to use it, will respond "I take it". Only the first person can take that word. Once that person "takes the word", they will add NEXT WORD:_____

3- Whoever WANTS to use it, will respond "I take it". Again, only one person can take the word.

We will end up with a thread full of suggested and taken words by various participants.

After you have TAKEN a word, you can create your layout and once it is done, come back to edit the post where you "took" the word.

This is a brand new challenge, and if it catches on, I might repeat it in the future.

The STARTING WORD is PUMPKIN.

• Like 1

I take it and the NEXT WORD is: ORANGE

Halloween isn't for me but pumpkins are. Almost every autumn I make a display on a small table in my patio with pumpkins, dry leaves, chestnut etc. Here I used a fall background from my stash with 3 different overlays and different blendmodes; one with autumn leaves a freebie from Corel, one with more leaves from InkyDeals and a frame. A mask from digitalscrapbook on my photo with a small frame and the font is Michalina. Some pumpkins at the bottom, after all the word is pumpkin!

String of words-600-2023.jpg

Edited by Corrie Kinkel
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

'I take it' and the next word is:  RIVER

8 hours ago, Cassel said:

spacer.png

Let's mix something up a bit, and instead of ME giving you a word to create a challenge, you will offer them. Here is how it will work.

1- I will suggest a STARTING WORD that someone will use in the title of their page.

2- Whoever WANTS to use it, will respond "I take it". Only the first person can take that word. Once that person "takes the word", they will add NEXT WORD:_____

3- Whoever WANTS to use it, will respond "I take it". Again, only one person can take the word.

We will end up with a thread full of suggested and taken words by various participants.

After you have TAKEN a word, you can create your layout and once it is done, come back to edit the post where you "took" the word.

This is a brand new challenge, and if it catches on, I might repeat it in the future.

The STARTING WORD is PUMPKIN.

It may sound a bit stupid, but I don't quite understand what the point is. Is the intention to add a creation or just words that are related to each other?

28 minutes ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

It may sound a bit stupid, but I don't quite understand what the point is. Is the intention to add a creation or just words that are related to each other?

Once you "grab" a word, you commit to making a layout using that word. You can come back and insert it in your post once it is done.

So far, Corrie has "grabbed" the word Pumpkin so she will do a layout using it. She offered the word ORANGE and Sue grabbed it to make a layout, and offered the word RIVER for someone else to grab (and then offer another word). 

It is a brand new type of challenge so it might be strange the first time around.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Cassel said:

Once you "grab" a word, you commit to making a layout using that word. You can come back and insert it in your post once it is done.

So far, Corrie has "grabbed" the word Pumpkin so she will do a layout using it. She offered the word ORANGE and Sue grabbed it to make a layout, and offered the word RIVER for someone else to grab (and then offer another word). 

It is a brand new type of challenge so it might be strange the first time around.

If I understand correctly, I could now add the word boat in response to Sue. When I think of a river, the next thing I think of is a boat. Or are we still supposed to respond to the word pumpkin?

6 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

'I take it' and the next word is:  RIVER

I took the word ORANGE from Corrie.  Here is my page. Using the word Orange in the title.  I created a ghost text, turning it into a sort of sticker for the title. Added flames to 2 of the frames, extended the branch out and over the frame.  Used a photo for the background, which  consisted  of branches and blue sky, blurred. As I mentioned blue skies in the text. Susan prompted me to  mention our blue skies, that go on for  ever.  

I believe I am correct in posting my page, in the  original acceptance message of the word Orange.  By selecting edit. Which is what  I have done.

Word challenge.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2
  • Love 7

49 minutes ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

If I understand correctly, I could now add the word boat in response to Sue. When I think of a river, the next thing I think of is a boat. Or are we still supposed to respond to the word pumpkin?

Follow  the steps that Corrie  and I have  taken.  Corrie is yet to create a page using the word PUMKIN. And post it in her original comment, by using the edit tab.   I decided to take the word ORANGE, which  was Corries word of choice.  I have created a page containing the word Orange.  Should you decide to take the word that I have  submitted which is RIVER, you are committing yourself to creating a page with the word RIVER in the title.  Also you have to think of another word to enable someone else to take on  the challenge. It can any word what so ever.

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

You can offer ANY word you want. It does not need to be related to any of the previous words. Just don't make it too hard ?

• Like 1

Just now, Cassel said:

You can offer ANY word you want. It does not need to be related to any of the previous words. Just don't make it too hard ?

? I've heard that before. But Yes. I understand completely now. Sometimes it is very difficult to learn something from another language. I just have to wait a day because I'm too tired now, it's already late here. And tomorrow we have a new challenge from boot camp.

5 minutes ago, Cassel said:

We do have here a sort of game like that. But the word must be related to the previous one. And sometimes even using the same letters. plus a few extra. Although it might have another meaning. 

38 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I took the word ORANGE from Corrie.  Here is my page. Using the word Orange in the title.  I created a ghost text, turning it into a sort of sticker for the title. Added flames to 2 of the frames, extended the branch out and over the frame.  Used a photo for the background, which  consisted  of branches and blue sky, blurred. As I mentioned blue skies in the text. Susan prompted me to  mention our blue skies, that go on for  ever.  

I believe I am correct in posting my page, in the  original acceptance message of the word Orange.  By selecting edit. Which is what  I have done.

Word challenge.jpg

I like the flame in the corner Sue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

We do have here a sort of game like that. But the word must be related to the previous one. And sometimes even using the same letters. plus a few extra. Although it might have another meaning. 

In this challenge the  word doesn't have to be related to the previous word.

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

"I take it" The next word is Hedgehog

I take it and the next word is Roses

large.1023-challi-word-hedgehog.jpg.d08349480dc4888bcf75ea32561b2b41.jpg 

used a few scripts by Cassel for the buttons, Sequins and confetti, and the glitter.

picture tubes by Corel and Cassel

Edited by Anja Pelzer
  • Love 9

5 hours ago, Anja Pelzer said:

I take it and the next word is Roses

large.1023-challi-word-hedgehog.jpg.d08349480dc4888bcf75ea32561b2b41.jpg 

used a few scripts by Cassel for the buttons, Sequins and confetti, and the glitter.

picture tubes by Corel and Cassel

A delightful page.   The plight of the hedgehog hangs in the balance. I would say road kill is the number one cause, then pesticides.  At home there are now  tunnels under roads for the hedgehogs to get from one side to the other in safety.  I haven't seen one for several years.  I have photos of  my children when they were  young feeding  hedgehogs.  At the bottom of our  drive we had a cattle grid.  Hedgehogs used to  fall into  it.  Quite often the kids would rescue one  or two,  on their home from school, from the cattle grid. Giving them a feed before letting them go out in the  hedgerows.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Michele said:

I take it. The next word is WITCH.

I did this several years ago for another group's Umbrella challenge. I hope it qualifies for RAIN🙂

Rain 600.jpg

I would say it does.  It's  an awesome page, I  love the rain effect, and what looks to me like a giant puddle.

• Thanks 1