Campus Dozen

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/promo/masks-workshop/lesson-6/

MASKS WORKSHOP - Lesson 6 

This is a composite moon I took, one exposed for the moon and one exposed for the cloud below it.  

the background paper is lino pattern found in "Tutorials" https://scrapbookcampus.com/element-creation-index/linoleum-pattern/ .  this is a very interesting tutorial to get very unique papers.  

All the layouts prior to June 2023 are really dark, I had really bad monitors that couldnt be adjusted any further than they were. I didnt realize how light they were (I was darkening everything to compensate) until I saw some of the these layouts I'm posting this weekend.

MasksWS Day 6 composite moon-600.jpg

• Love 8

After the August windows update, my Mura's filters, as well as some others, quit working. It saddened me greatly especially as I could no longer make circular images. Imagine my delight when I came across Carole's lesson for making Circular Elements! I had completely forgotten about the polar effect. I tried it out on this v-e-r-y simple quickie image.

Denim600_ck923.jpg.367f9fecff828e802fbba88a77574982.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 5

16 minutes ago, CaliKat said:

After the August windows update, my Mura's filters, as well as some others, quit working. It saddened me greatly especially as I could no longer make circular images. Imagine my delight when I came across Carole's lesson for making Circular Elements! I had completely forgotten about the polar effect. I tried it out on this v-e-r-y simple quickie image.

Denim600_ck923.jpg.367f9fecff828e802fbba88a77574982.jpg

Love this!  This is really nice denim too.  Are the rivets a picture tube?

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Love this!  This is really nice denim too.  Are the rivets a picture tube?

Thank you. No, not a picture tube. I searched high and low for it so have no idea where I got it but far and away most of what I use is for-pay scrap kits so it is probably from one of those. I made the denim from one of Carole's tutorials.

3 minutes ago, CaliKat said:

Thank you. No, not a picture tube. I searched high and low for it so have no idea where I got it but far and away most of what I use is for-pay scrap kits so it is probably from one of those. I made the denim from one of Carole's tutorials.

It's really exceptional denim.  It looks real.  

• Love 1

16 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

https://scrapbookcampus.com/promo/masks-workshop/lesson-6/

MASKS WORKSHOP - Lesson 6 

This is a composite moon I took, one exposed for the moon and one exposed for the cloud below it.  

the background paper is lino pattern found in "Tutorials" https://scrapbookcampus.com/element-creation-index/linoleum-pattern/ .  this is a very interesting tutorial to get very unique papers.  

All the layouts prior to June 2023 are really dark, I had really bad monitors that couldnt be adjusted any further than they were. I didnt realize how light they were (I was darkening everything to compensate) until I saw some of the these layouts I'm posting this weekend.

MasksWS Day 6 composite moon-600.jpg

Susan, you achieved a very interesting result for the linoleum background with whatever technique you used. I liked it a lot.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Cristina said:

Susan, you achieved a very interesting result for the linoleum background with whatever technique you used. I liked it a lot.

It's an interesting technique and no two papers are same.  And surprisingly easy to make.  although I still need to follow the tutorial as I have not committed it to memory yet.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

It's an interesting technique and no two papers are same.  And surprisingly easy to make.  although I still need to follow the tutorial as I have not committed it to memory yet.  

I agree; the technique is easy, but I also have to follow the instructions. ?

I liked the color, as it's so different from what we initially get with a solid color... It looks like you added a Sepia toning effect...  It gave me an idea to use it as a subtle background.

I am always inspired by what everybody posts here!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Cristina said:

I agree; the technique is easy, but I also have to follow the instructions. ?

I liked the color, as it's so different from what we initially get with a solid color... It looks like you added a Sepia toning effect...  It gave me an idea to use it as a subtle background.

I am always inspired by what everybody posts here!

So the funny part is.  It's a bit too dark for me.  I had some pretty bad monitors and nothing I could do with the settings would make them better and my screen calibrator is so old it wont update anymore and I dropped it.  So i was darkening (guessing) because I knew they werent good, and now i'm looking at the layouts from that time and thinking, OMG, they are so dark and oversaturated.  I'd love to say I used color toning (I have watched tutorials on it - mainly Ben Willmore who is a photoshop guru) but I've never actual done color toning in a photo.  I just bought ON1 Photo Raw and they do have tutorials, thankfully, so I hope to learn how to do it.  That program is wildly different than PSP, it's more like PS/lightroom, which I've also never used so it's very foreign.  I'm doing an outdoor project (for the house) so I'm not able to get into any learning right now (except the scripting course).  At least winter is coming and most of the outside chores will go away until next year.  

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

At least winter is coming and most of the outside chores will go away until next year.  

Yeahh, I am delaying everything (Travel Tale, Scripting Group Course) because of the warmer days... We are not wasting any opportunity to go out and enjoy the good weather because we know it will not last long...   I am sure next week I will see some Christmas cookies in the supermarket.  And, again, people will be surprised that Christmas is "only" 14 weeks away. ? 

• Like 1

After the Q&A session last night I tried to find ParticleShop but via 'Effects', I still couldn't find it. With PSP, however, Painter was included so I opened Painter 7 and found the Speckle brushes and so so much more. Don't know why I hadn't looked at it before. Maybe thinking too much to learn. I Speckled away and think there must be so much we can do with it. Thank you for mentioning ParticleShop in the Q&A.

PainterSpeckleBrushes.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 6