September Theme Challenge - COFFEE

Cassel

Theme-Coffee

The theme for September is COFFEE, which is a pretty popular drink for many people. There are different ways to make coffee, but it can also be associated with gathering and other little treats to eat. Do you have a story about coffee? Share that story, with or without photos.

Let's go!

Post your project in the gallery.

• Love 2

9 hours ago, Cassel said:

Thema-Koffie

Het thema voor september is KOFFIE , een vrij populair drankje voor veel mensen. Er zijn verschillende manieren om koffie te zetten, maar het kan ook geassocieerd worden met verzamelen en andere kleine lekkernijen om te eten. Heeft u een verhaal over koffie? Deel dat verhaal, met of zonder foto's.

Laten we gaan!

Plaats uw project in de galerij .

DUBBLE COFFEESHOP .jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 7

I'm so busy catching up with the scripting course that I recycle a layout that I did about coffee. It is from november 2020 and I was in my first year here in the Campus. I was building my stock and wasn't a diamond member yet, so the papers came from Pixelscrapper (digitalscrapbook.com as it is called nowadays) and the bow is a freebie by Carole. The photos are mine, as always.

Drinks-600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 8

This is one I did back in 2017.  I used a photo for the background (Delphinium).  Usual word art, the coffee and biscuits I found on line, masked it into the  page.  I'm not a big fan of coffee,  when I do have a cup, it's a few grains of instant coffee.  I do enjoy a cup of tea though.  Herbal or regular.  

Quote tea or coffee in the garden (1).jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 3
  • Love 10

I doubt Michele. There are two reasons for stomach issues with coffee. That's the caffeine and the burning. When you come to know that's the caffeine then you have to be careful with black tea and chocolate too. That contains caffeine as well. . Less than in coffee. But what was said already it is caused by burning too. A third cause is that your stomach is too sour. I don't know how that is called in English. It seems to me important to know precisely from what your trouble is caused. Let us know when you come to know. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Michele said:

Sounds interesting. My stomach doesn't tolerate coffee anymore. I wonder if this would be easier.

Hi Michelle, Orzo is just roasted barley so it could be a lot easier on your stomach. It certainly is missing all the chemicals you find in coffee that cause problems for a lot of people. The hardest thing with orzo is finding somewhere that sells it. With lockdown and Brexit issues it stopped being sold quite as freely in the UK. I love it because it looks like coffee so I don't feel as if I'm missing out as much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Cassel pinned this topic

@Jannette Nieuwboer  Wat een mooi verhaal! 
Zo'n mooie lay-out om het ook te delen!

@Corrie Kinkel  What a lovely layout!
The color choices work so perfectly together!

@Anja Pelzer  That is such a wonderful layout of you!
Was it a very long trip?

@Sue Thomas  That is beautiful!
I am the same. I tend to only drink it when a nice little gathering calls for it. Tea is my choice too!

@Sharla  Such a super layout!
I must try that coffee, it sounds lovely!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jenifer Lyn said:

Was it a very long trip?

I am the same. I tend to only drink it when a nice little gathering calls for it. Tea is my choice too!

The story was actually longer but there was no room enough to write. My "boy next door" was with a girlfriend and she left him. Cause he was looking at me all the time. I had caused a break. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

The story was actually longer but there was no room enough to write. My "boy next door" was with a girlfriend and she left him. Cause he was looking at me all the time. I had caused a break. 

Je moet heel mooi zijn geweest om zijn aandacht te trekken! Ik wed dat hij op sommige momenten ook nog steeds aan je denkt!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/9/2023 at 2:14 AM, Jenifer Lyn said:

Was it a very long trip?

It is about 7hours by train

On 9/4/2023 at 3:52 PM, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

I doubt Michele. There are two reasons for stomach issues with coffee. That's the caffeine and the burning. When you come to know that's the caffeine then you have to be careful with black tea and chocolate too. That contains caffeine as well. . Less than in coffee. But what was said already it is caused by burning too. A third cause is that your stomach is too sour. I don't know how that is called in English. It seems to me important to know precisely from what your trouble is caused. Let us know when you come to know. 

My problem with coffee is that it makes my digestive system work too well if you catch my meaning. ?

Edited by Michele

I enjoy having my morning coffee out on the deck, I have such a beautiful view of our yard.  Such a peaceful way to start my day.  Coffee cup from the vector course from Cassel, plaid paper cass-stripes-2 script, elements Ilonkas Designs The Story Of Seasons, button cass-Custom Kit Buttons.   Font Freehand521 BT,  Cooper Black and Times New Roman

08-26 Yard coffee campus.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 6

When I was a kid, the character of Juan Valdez, a Columbian coffee farmer, was the face of coffee advertising on TV. There were other ads for specific brands (Maxwell House, Nescafe, Folger's, Sanka, etc.), but Juan was the man who grew the coffee. It was a campaign by the Columbian Federation of Coffee Growers to promote quality Columbian coffee in the U.S. market. The ads (with Carlos who died in 2019) continue today with a new actor. There are even coffee shops with Juan's name in over 500 locations in the world. Their concept of featuring the individual farmer(s) who grew the beans and the process of direct trade was innovative. (The background colours represent the flag of Columbia.)

2023 Sep Coffee Challenge_600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Cassel unpinned this topic