Your BIG News

Susan Ewart

21 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

I don't have Particle Shop or Painter included with my PSP2023 Ultimate, or 2022 or 2021 or 2020.

It might have been part of the installation files that were unzipped for you, but you never install them?

Do you have a bunch of folders in this area: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro 2023 Setup Files

4 minutes ago, Sherie Dracup said:

Hi,  I have painter essentials as a standalone.  Is it supposed to be a plugin.  In my effects, Painter, there is only Particleshop showing.  Why does it say painter?  Have I missed something in setup?  I cannot find anything on line that mentions it being a plugin. Thanks

Painter is not a plugin, but somehow, ParticleShop does appear "associated" with it. Just an odd naming convention I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minuten geleden zei Sherie Dracup:

Hallo, ik heb schilderbenodigdheden als stand-alone. Moet het een plug-in zijn. In mijn effecten wordt Painter alleen Particleshop weergegeven. Waarom staat er schilder? Heb ik iets gemist bij het instellen? Ik kan niets online vinden dat vermeldt dat het een plug-in is. Bedankt

Dat zijn 2 aparte bestanden met beide hun eigen nummers. Die moet je beide downloaden en activeren. Particle shop komt in je PSP te staan zoals in het voorbeeld wordt weergegeven. Maar schilder is een van heel andere aard. die komt gewoon op je beeldscherm te staan, tussen alle andere bestanden in. Die is veel creatiever. hierin kun je zelf ontwerpen maken, net als in PSP. maar wel gemakkelijker.  Graag gedaan. 

Edited by Jannette Nieuwboer
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sherie Dracup said:

Hi,  I have painter essentials as a standalone.  Is it supposed to be a plugin.  In my effects, Painter, there is only Particleshop showing.  Why does it say painter?  Have I missed something in setup?  I cannot find anything on line that mentions it being a plugin. Thanks

Hi Sherie: I think Jannette's link above is for you if you have Painter/Particle Shop plugin. It will guide you to install it so you will have it in the Effects menu under Plugins inside your PSP.

32 minutes ago, Cassel said:

It might have been part of the installation files that were unzipped for you, but you never install them?

Do you have a bunch of folders in this area: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro 2023 Setup Files

Here is what I have: There is a Setup folder within another Setup folder...

Corel PSP 2023 Setup01.jpg

Corel PSP 2023 Setup.jpg

12 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Corel PaintShop Pro 2023 Setup Files

There is a folder for Corel PaintShop Pro 2023, but a DIFFERENT one called "Corel PaintShop Pro 2023 Setup Files"

The Corel PaintShop Pro 2023 Setup Files are usually created when you first run the first "installer". Then, it downloads all the installation files for the different components. 

SetupFiles.jpg

7 minutes ago, Suzy said:

Ann, The setuparp.exe has to do with Painter. Is it possible you did setup.exe,  but failed to do setuparp.exe? 

That is possible, Suzy. I downloaded the installer from a link Carole sent me when I won a random draw. I'll try the one you mentioned and see what happens. Thanks

49 minutes ago, Cassel said:

There is a folder for Corel PaintShop Pro 2023, but a DIFFERENT one called "Corel PaintShop Pro 2023 Setup Files"

The Corel PaintShop Pro 2023 Setup Files are usually created when you first run the first "installer". Then, it downloads all the installation files for the different components. 

SetupFiles.jpg

Carole: This is what shows under Corel, I don't have anything saying Setup Files:

Image5.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image2.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber

36 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

I activated it and it asked me if I wanted to COMPLETELY REMOVE PSP 2023. I said no and backed out.

Ooops! I’m so sorry. I remember reading about that setuparp on the Corel forum, but I must have remembered it wrong. 

@Cassel In all of the versions of PSP that I have had over the years, there has never been a folder for Setup Files like you have. I have the 2021 and the 2023 versions that you show as having them.

You say it is created when you run the "First" installer. I have always just had one installer file to run to install the program. 

4 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

You say it is created when you run the "First" installer. I have always just had one installer file to run to install the program. 

That is interesting. I wonder if it makes a difference where/how you end up downloading the purchased file.

That is probably what makes troubleshooting so challenging when everyone seems to have a different setup!

3 hours ago, Cassel said:

That is interesting. I wonder if it makes a difference where/how you end up downloading the purchased file.

That is probably what makes troubleshooting so challenging when everyone seems to have a different setup!

I always buy directly from Corel and if I remember right, I get an email with links to the different files to download. On my end, I create a folder in my Downloads file and put all the files in there. I still have the folders for older versions of the program. Then I just have to figure out on my own which files need to be installed. They should really put an instruction document that tells what all the files are for in the downloads. I mean, look how many of us didn't realize we had the fonts with our 2023 purchase!

16 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

I always buy directly from Corel and if I remember right, I get an email with links to the different files to download. On my end, I create a folder in my Downloads file and put all the files in there. I still have the folders for older versions of the program. Then I just have to figure out on my own which files need to be installed. They should really put an instruction document that tells what all the files are for in the downloads. I mean, look how many of us didn't realize we had the fonts with our 2023 purchase!

I buy direct from them too.  I wish there was a better instruction for it.  I too had not realized I was missing some brushes or preset shapes or something and couldnt do a tutorial.  I think Carole, Sue and a few others (I think you helped me too, Rene) got me straight.  I always wondered after that if what I downloaded was all I was supposed to do.  I often wonder about tech companies, their job is technology...cant they make it idiot proof (or Susan proof in my case). I never really know if got it all.  And well, there's the proof I didnt.  Its like grocery companies, they send you a link to download this weeks offers.  Why dont they just download them, they have access to my card.  Why make me waste time logging in when they know I want them anyway. 

Edited by Susan Ewart

6 hours ago, Cassel said:

Yes. it truly did this time for me. I was sent to the Amazon download location on the Corel website and I had to first enter the serial number that came inside the box.   Then I got a numerated list of programs downloaded and was told to follow the numbered sequence merely by running one part at a time. There were 9 individual parts to run and the last two were for brushes and fonts.

I have not heard back from Corel but did get a ticket number.  

Edited by Dorothy Donn
additional info

Thanks, they are installed already, and both work:  painter as a standalone, and particleshop as a plugin.  I just wondered if painter should have been a plugin, but Cassel straightened it out for me.  I wasn't able to figure out how to reply directly to the actual comment.

Edited by Sherie Dracup
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Sherie Dracup said:

Thanks, they are installed already, and both work:  painter as a standalone, and particleshop as a plugin.  I just wondered if painter should have been a plugin, but Cassel straightened it out for me.  I wasn't able to figure out how to reply directly to the actual comment.

When you want to respond to one particular post, highlight the text (all of it or part of it) and then a little bubble will appear at the end of the highlighted section saying "Quote selection". Click on that and it will "quote" it in a post and you just have to type your response.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Not for 2022 either. It is not an Ultimate, whereas 2023 was supposedly an Ultimate version.

If that is the version you won, confirm that and I will get back in touch with Corel/Alludo for a "correct" download link.

33 minutes ago, Cassel said:

If that is the version you won, confirm that and I will get back in touch with Corel/Alludo for a "correct" download link.

Carole, yes, that is the version I won in the random draw. I have also applied the new patch to fix all the "bugs"