What are you working on in August (2023)?

Cassel

Date-07-2023.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in August be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save it in .jpg format before posting it.

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

• when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.
  • if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyways).
  • if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!
  • if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get a better-quality image than the resized image anyways.

Happy August! Here is my August Wild Cat Calendar for 2023. The layout is from a template shared by Cassel last fall. The photo of the leopard is by a photographer from Sri Lanka named Andreas Hemb. The photo frame and the title strip are enhanced by the Effects/Sculpture with a leopard pattern. The chipboard camera art and label is from a mega kit called Cambodia by Marisa Lerin. The bottom title font is Yellow Fresh and the Say No brad was created from a brad template from Pixelscrappers. The calendar grid and lines for notes were treated to a gold gradient and I filled the background with a silver gradient. I also posted this full size in our Facebook files.

2023 WILDCAT CALENDAR-AUGUST_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
additional details
  • Like 3
  • Love 8

15 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Happy August! Here is my August Wild Cat Calendar for 2023. The layout is from a template shared by Cassel last fall. The photo of the leopard is by a photographer from Sri Lanka named Andreas Hemb. The photo frame and the title strip are enhanced by the Effects/Sculpture with a leopard pattern. The chipboard camera art and label is from a mega kit called Cambodia by Marisa Lerin. The bottom title font is Yellow Fresh and the Say No brad was created from a brad template from Pixelscrappers. The calendar grid and lines for notes were treated to a gold gradient and I filled the background with a silver gradient. I also posted this full size in our Facebook files.

Ann, beautiful layout!

• Thanks 1

Thought I would go for an old photo album look for this theme. The photo corners are by Sheila Reid from PixelScrappers. The main font is Tomatoes (free from Fontspace), but I used Lazy Ride (free from FPTFY) for the numbers. I've had the background for so many years that I can't recall where it came from. Given more time, I could have created my own paper with everything I've learned in the Campus. Also don't know where the party pic came from. I've been doing a much better job recording the origin information in the last several years, but the old ones are from who knows where.

large.FABDLSummerSoiree!600.jpg.914fa5b469897c5d2488aae742890d66.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 7

I used Cassel's WordSlats script for this one. I started with a black background and ran it three different times for each row of text. Copied one on top of the other and moved it to where I wanted the second line of text to be. Using the magic wand selection brush inside the new words, I switched to the original layer and hit delete. Once I hid the second layer, both lines were on one layer. Lather, rinse, repeat for the third row of text. Finally, all three were on one black layer with the words cut out. I used the magic wand again to choose the black and copied/pasted into selection the picture of the woman on the rock. The font is Hobo Std which is what Carole used on her free samples. 

large.FABDLReadyforAdventure!600.jpg.d00023496ed3205d5287a3e83b80a38e.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 8

Ik was op zoek naar deze pagina, maar ik tel hem te vinden. de letter is gemaakt van denim maar is bij een groter formaat onzichtbaar. Ik heb een beetje vals gespeeld. 1items was niet zoals in de film. De selectie voor de kleinere letter is niet gemaakt door te dubbelklikken maar in het lagenpalet 'maak een rasterselectie'. de rest oké. Omdat veel naaimachines tegenwoordig siersteken hebben heb ik bij de tweede een variatiesteek gebruikt. OP de bevel na af. Ik ben al heel blij met dit resultaat. 

Afbeelding1.jpg

SPIJKER .jpg

denim bijna af.jpg

Edited by Jannette Nieuwboer
  • Like 3
  • Love 5

Back to the Labs.  Lab 11 Mod 3.  Make a banner, 4-petal flower, Sun element.  All 3.  Doubled up the 4-petal flower to make one with 8 petals.  I needed practice to make that delightful border, 2 words, paper above (and below if you want otherwise you can have a different pattern/color below), and middle to display what the layout is about.  Although I had written the instructions to make that, I found that I had to add some instructions for how to select with the magic wand.  More practice needed, so I may use this again.  All elements and papers are mine; the picture is one I took at the Botanic Gardens and the tag is one from the brochure.  The font is Better Caramel. 

Lab 11 Mod 3_600.jpg

• Love 10

On 8/10/2023 at 7:08 PM, Mary Solaas said:

Back to the Labs.  Lab 11 Mod 3.  Make a banner, 4-petal flower, Sun element.  All 3.  Doubled up the 4-petal flower to make one with 8 petals.  I needed practice to make that delightful border, 2 words, paper above (and below if you want otherwise you can have a different pattern/color below), and middle to display what the layout is about.  Although I had written the instructions to make that, I found that I had to add some instructions for how to select with the magic wand.  More practice needed, so I may use this again.  All elements and papers are mine; the picture is one I took at the Botanic Gardens and the tag is one from the brochure.  The font is Better Caramel. 

Lab 11 Mod 3_600.jpg

Such a beautiful layout, Mary! The border makes the page stand out even more... I never tried this technique.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1