July SCRAPLIFT Challenge 2023

Cassel

Scraplift.jpg

Learning scrapbooking is often done with practice, looking around for inspiration and trying to recreate projects we admire.

This challenge will give you an opportunity to personalize a project while trying to "copy" another one. Of course, you will change the title, the text, and the photos, but you will want to try to replicate the arrangements and some of the effects you see. It is a challenge but in the end, you will learn more about scrapbooking and your PaintShop Pro.

This month, instead of giving you ONE single layout to copy, I am inviting you to choose one of the layouts featured in our monthly theme post, HERE. There are eight different pages you can copy. Which one would you choose?

And if you want more information on "scraplifting", check out this article.

2 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Are we supposed to stick to the Grilling Theme or can we just use the suggested layout with a totally different theme?

A scraplift is just copying the "format". The theme you give is up to you  ?

• Thanks 2

• Cassel pinned this topic

This is the layout I choose for this scraplift and the result. I had a hard time choosing one of the 8 layouts given and in the end I choose for one a bit out of my comfort zone. Mostly my pages are not so busy. To get all the colors working together I used the Hue Map a lot. Thanks to the Q&A of last weekend I finally know how to use that map, it was an eye opener and now it so easy to use!!! I didn't made all the papers and elements myself but used the things I have in my stash or had made on another occasion. The photos are my own and a lot of the papers/elements I used are from Marissa Lerin and from a blogtrain (May 2021). The fonts are Arial and Tribal Case for the title in the banner. Had I realized when I started that it was a lot more work then I anticipated I probably would have gone for one of the less busy layouts.

Scraplift July 2023-600.jpg

Image1.jpg

• Love 7

47 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

This is the layout I choose for this scraplift and the result. I had a hard time choosing one of the 8 layouts given and in the end I choose for one a bit out of my comfort zone. Mostly my pages are not so busy. To get all the colors working together I used the Hue Map a lot. Thanks to the Q&A of last weekend I finally know how to use that map, it was an eye opener and now it so easy to use!!! I didn't made all the papers and elements myself but used the things I have in my stash or had made on another occasion. The photos are my own and a lot of the papers/elements I used are from Marissa Lerin and from a blogtrain (May 2021). The fonts are Arial and Tribal Case for the title in the banner. Had I realized when I started that it was a lot more work then I anticipated I probably would have gone for one of the less busy layouts.

Image1.jpg

Corrie, this is outstanding!  The colors are perfect.  I am looking forward to getting better results than I have a had with the Hue Map.  It seems like a powerful under used tool. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Image1.jpg

That's a wonderful composition. Captures the desert vibe.

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Corrie, this is outstanding!  The colors are perfect.  I am looking forward to getting better results than I have a had with the Hue Map.  It seems like a powerful under used tool. 

I rewatched the Q&A session on the Hue Map part of it and it makes that map completely clear now all that settings are explained. I used the saturation and lightness boxes a  lot to get the color I wanted when I had a color changed with the sliders. Give it a try!

• Like 2

I was glad to see something I could work on with this scraplift. My layout is loosely based on one of the grilling examples in the July theme (as pictured). I was more interested in colours than in theme. The edge overlay is from Billie Irene at DS; the photos all come from online; the tag and string are from my stash from DS. And, I do adore seafood, cooked on the grill or any old way.

2023 Jul Scraplift.jpg

scraplift.JPG

• Love 6

I will try.  I'm shooting flowers this week, they are colorful so it will be fun trying to change colors and see how they turn out.  I'm shooting on Black, white (for easy extraction if I want) and on grey (for blend modes).  That is if they turn out okay.  Tripod, cable release and manual focus...YIKES! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Julie Magerka said:

I was glad to see something I could work on with this scraplift. My layout is loosely based on one of the grilling examples in the July theme (as pictured). I was more interested in colours than in theme. The edge overlay is from Billie Irene at DS; the photos all come from online; the tag and string are from my stash from DS. And, I do adore seafood, cooked on the grill or any old way.

2023 Jul Scraplift.jpg

scraplift.JPG

That is great.  It looks like an advertisement for a restaurant.  Really good design Julie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Julie Magerka said:

2023 Jul Scraplift.jpg

scraplift.JPG

Julie nicely done and your colors go very well together. I too found it difficult to choose a layout for this scraplift.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

I have just returned from the National Senior Games. My mixed-doubles partner and I won the gold medal. Here is my scrap lift.

2023 7 11 MXD Gold 600.jpg

Bonnie congratulations! You are a rolmodel for us when it comes to fitness and age and your smile says it all!

Corrie, your busy layout is exceptional! I really love it, and I think, when time passes, you will be glad you spent that time. Sort of like forgetting about how much childbirth hurts a few months after the fact. ☺️

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Suzy said:

Corrie, your busy layout is exceptional! I really love it, and I think, when time passes, you will be glad you spent that time. Sort of like forgetting about how much childbirth hurts a few months after the fact. ☺️

Suzy thank you,  and about childbirth hurts that is something that happened to me a long time ago and I have forgotten all about it. But the effort was well worth it, childbirth and  layout birth ?

• Like 1

• Cassel unpinned this topic