June FREEBIE Challenge (2023)

Cassel

spacer.png

Freebies are great resources that you can find in many places to build a library of elements, graphics, and tools. Since they are free, they are available to all.

For this challenge, grab these graphics from Creative Fabrica (and yes, it is free). You can use these as frames for photos, journaling, quotes, and more. 

spacer.png

Grab this font HERE. How will you use this font?

Remember that you can colorize these graphics using the tutorial in this blog post.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I have several projects on the go, this being one of them.  Although these are advertised as a monogram, it's not a font.  They are very large png files.  The width is  to wide for my liking, had they  have been a font (Vector), editing to my liking would have  been ever so much easier, whilst retaining  the sharpness of  them. Anyway, I chose one and used it in a label I created. (Overlay blend mode).  I also opted to use a  slightly different approach to framing the 2 photos.  The butterfly  strip was created using 3 butterfly png files.  

Silvery Blue Butterfly freebie challenge june.jpg

• Love 13

2 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I have several projects on the go, this being one of them.  Although these are advertised as a monogram, it's not a font.  They are very large png files.  The width is  to wide for my liking, had they  have been a font (Vector), editing to my liking would have  been ever so much easier, whilst retaining  the sharpness of  them. Anyway, I chose one and used it in a label I created. (Overlay blend mode).  I also opted to use a  slightly different approach to framing the 2 photos.  The butterfly  strip was created using 3 butterfly png files.  

In order to read text on the label, I've posted a larger file on facebook. Scrapbooking with PSP. 

• Like 3

Sue - love your work with the frames.

This is my take.  All papers and elements are mine.  Played with framing using papers and the selection tools, as well as playing with inner bevel.  The freebie I cut out on the tag and then inner beveled it.

2023 Freebie Challenge_600.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Just now, Mary Solaas said:

Sue - love your work with the frames.

This is my take.  All papers and elements are mine.  Played with framing using papers and the selection tools, as well as playing with inner bevel.  The freebie I cut out on the tag and then inner beveled it.

Thank you.  Did you by any chance forget to add shadows to your frames? 

Edited by Sue Thomas

8 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I've seen those "monograms" and I'd actually call them Alphas. I used some back with our alphabet series. They appear in my files under Polka Dot Chicks Designs and have a Gingerbread Christmas kit and one other. Here's one of the letters used. It has a subtle polka dot design.
BY TAMMY AND SHELBY

pdc_uc_s-(MC).jpg

• Like 5

OK, Sue.  I added shadows.  Since I had merged the papers and frames around the picture, I chiseled the group and then shadowed it.  Also decided to do a flip on the ribbon and had separated the shadow for it.  Also, decided that it needed something more - just too stark as it was, so I added Cass scattered petals.

• Like 6
  • Love 4

Sue, That is wonderful! I especially a love love love the font you used to write Butterfly Silvery Blue, and by that I mean not only the font, but really, more what you did with it. How you designed with it, which along with the National Geographic quality photos, is professionally done. I love those kinds of swirly fonts, and I probably have many of them, but I never have anything to make with them… they remind me of tea parties, fairies, yes, and butterflies. Somehow I’m more pirates, rugby, and ants at the picnic. LOL!

p.s. What is that butterfly font?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

OK, Sue.  I added shadows.  Since I had merged the papers and frames around the picture, I chiseled the group and then shadowed it.  Also decided to do a flip on the ribbon and had separated the shadow for it.  Also, decided that it needed something more - just too stark as it was, so I added Cass scattered petals.

47 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Mary, I agree, it needed to be gardened-up and those rose petals were an inspired choice.

This is actually directed to all members, but this photo reminded me of it.  Is there any chance you’ll look back upon this page and wonder where it was (broadly and more specifically, so I mean, the Charter House, Dixon Gardens, and the date.). Because renovations happen and 30 years from now I bet this looks different. Now sure where you’d put it, and it doesn’t have to be jumbo in size, but somewhere I like to see a place, names of people and the date. This probably comes from the boxes of pictures we got when we were clearing out my parents’ house. There were oodles of really wonderful vintage pictures of complete strangers in unnamed locations at we-can-only-guess dates. I was really sad to see them dumped in the garbage.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

I've seen those "monograms" and I'd actually call them Alphas. I used some back with our alphabet series. They appear in my files under Polka Dot Chicks Designs and have a Gingerbread Christmas kit and one other. Here's one of the letters used. It has a subtle polka dot design.
BY TAMMY AND SHELBY

pdc_uc_s-(MC).jpg

I agree that the example you have posted is a lovely Alpha and only an alpha(bet).  I may be completely wrong, and way off the mark, but  to me a monogram is a letter or number, typically someone's initials usually combined or interwoven in a decorative design, to be used in a logo or something along those lines  like in a title.   The font frames  that I have are stored in borders, frames and dividers folder. Which is where I will put the above pngs. I was merely pointing out that those lovely heart png  frames above,  is not  a font, or a monogram, but comes under what I would class as borders, frames or if split, can be used as a  divider.   

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I agree that the example you have posted is a lovely Alpha and only an alpha(bet).  I may be completely wrong, and way off the mark, but  to me a monogram is a letter or number, typically someone's initials usually combined or interwoven in a decorative design, to be used in a logo or something along those lines  like in a title.   The font frames  that I have are stored in borders, frames and dividers folder. Which is where I will put the above pngs. I was merely pointing out that those lovely heart png  frames above,  is not  a font, or a monogram, but comes under what I would class as borders, frames or if split, can be used as a  divider.   

Sue, I think the term Monogram is deceptive as I have several sets in my Alpha/Digits folder that the designer designated as Monograms. I guess it may be a cultural thing. Whatever country/language is involved. I agree that my mind sees them as fancy, with flourishes, but not everyone uses the same naming procedure.

• Like 1

I love dandelions even though there are none in my grass. My flower bed had some nice big ones that I managed to photograph before the landscaper put weed killer on them. I extracted the fluffy dandelion and added it to my dandelion picture with some extra leaves that were also extracted. The seeds were created using Particle Shop; the sky background is from a desert sky sent by my grandson. The mossy boards are from a photo sent to me by my daughter. Font is Anabel 1 grunge.

dsSowKindness600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 5

19 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

I love dandelions even though there are none in my grass. My flower bed had some nice big ones that I managed to photograph before the landscaper put weed killer on them. I extracted the fluffy dandelion and added it to my dandelion picture with some extra leaves that were also extracted. The seeds were created using Particle Shop; the sky background is from a desert sky sent by my grandson. The mossy boards are from a photo sent to me by my daughter. Font is Anabel 1 grunge.

dsSowKindness600.jpg

I love them too!  And my yard is full of them.  I made a deal with DH Rob (Darling Husband Rob) that he could mow the front yard but I got the backyard left alone until I finished with the little beauties.  they are dont now and I did manage to get to shots (portraits mostly in the studio).  I am working on another layout with them.  Your's is a beauty, perfectly perfect.  they are the happiest of flowers.  

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• Cassel unpinned this topic