Jump to content

Scrapbook Bootcamp - May 2023


Cassel

Recommended Posts

Just now, Anne Burgess said:

I'm still not sure I am in the right place. Poor Cassel having to put up with me. I am sure glad you guys are smarter than me! lol  This is my completed plate and sandwich.

table done.jpg

This looks great Anne.  Indeed you are in the right place.  If I cant find the forum from the campus I just go back to the lesson and it has the link ("the forum") at the bottom, it says something like this, " Then, go to the forum, and show us...  

has.  Believe me, we have all had to a lot of help from Cassel, when we got started.  It was so new to me I didnt know or understand what anything was, keeping going knowing I had Cassel to be there when I got stuck was/is an amazing experience.  And it's the first time I didnt get frustrated and quit PSP.   I look forward to seeing your layouts.

  • Like 2
  • Love 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Day 2 Exercise

Here is my day 2 exercise. Just trying to catch up so nothing fancy today.

I did take a shortcut to get my sandwich on the plate. I selected all layers from the sandwich, used Copy/Copy Special/Merged and then just pasted the entire sandwich to the plate.

I did make sure that I could drag an individual item to the new image.large.ScrapBootcampDay2.png.fbeed5ab36df92592412466c9a2b0227.png

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Love 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Cassel pinned this topic

I got a little carried away with this 1st project.  The sandwich is ham on rye with vegies and mayo,  I didn't want anything hot to drink so I am having orange juice.  I get sloppy so I gave myself some paper napkins. .  I chose the tablecloth because I think I am going to be doing mostly animals for my projects.

My table 5 23.w sandwich etc 6.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Love 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Hello All,

      All day but I not as embarrassed as my first table,  I wished Ann Seeber would give a  class on how she did hers I Love it.

       I got my laptop on the Best Site, lol in the Picture Here.  ?   This was all day all day every time I got to sit down and Finally got mine to post.   

I like the dark grey on my psp and the Complete set up,   hope I resized it right  I made my top bread see thru so you can see the inside.    got marshmellows used golf tubes yum.   

1bc600.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Love 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, cindy harris said:

 Hello All,

      All day but I not as embarrassed as my first table,  I wished Ann Seeber would give a  class on how she did hers I Love it.

       I got my laptop on the Best Site, lol in the Picture Here.  ?   This was all day all day every time I got to sit down and Finally got mine to post.   

I like the dark grey on my psp and the Complete set up,   hope I resized it right  I made my top bread see thru so you can see the inside.    got marshmellows used golf tubes yum.   

1bc600.jpg

Beautiful table Cindy.  Love the marshmallows and really love the monitor.  I think I heard that see-through bread has less calories too! ?

  • Haha 5
  • WOW 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Susan Ewart For the Screenshot, it depends on what you set as a trigger (I set it to use the PrintScreen key). You can set it to take a screenshot after X seconds so you don't have to use a key. I have to admit it is not very intuitive! ? Unless I need the cursor on my screenshot, I still use the PrintScreen and then paste it as a new image (shh... don't tell Corel/Alludo!). I do relate to that smaller slice of bread! Good one!

@Randy That is interesting about the Instant Effects. It is something I never use so I forgot there was a palette for it! The shortcut to copy the Sandwich is a good one, however, one has to be careful because you can't change your sandwich anymore at that point since it "copy MERGE". I also use that shortcut, but not all the time.

@Ann Seeber You are someone who needs her phone while eating? ? Nice book by the way.

@Sharla Do you have an open-face sandwich or have just not finished it? Nice striped tablecloth.

@Anne Burgess You made it. I told you you would! Now, it is time to eat that sandwich!

@Anne Lamp That is a fun sandwich (and table set). I see you used various additional techniques! great work.

@cindy harris Someone else watching a screen while eating! But it is ok, as you are watching the Campus. Cindy, I have to say I am very impressed by your exercise. I do remember your very first one. Do you remember? You struggled so much and were discouraged. This time, you even customized the whole setup, and all on your own!!! Kudos!!

If you have not posted your sandwich, don't delay too long. We are all hungry... for a good story.

Tomorrow, you will have your "real" project to work on. Don't panic, you will have two days to work on it.

If you started late, just jump in when you can. You will surely have time to catch up.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

For the Screenshot, it depends on what you set as a trigger (I set it to use the PrintScreen key). You can set it to take a screenshot after X seconds so you don't have to use a key. I have to admit it is not very intuitive! ? Unless I need the cursor on my screenshot, I still use the PrintScreen and then paste it as a new image (shh... don't tell Corel/Alludo!). I do relate to that smaller slice of bread! Good one!

That is good to know.  I tried it and it worked, sort of.  I work with two screens and it screenprinted both.  I googled how to do only one screen and none of what any one said worked.  So the snipping tool is the best one for me so far.  I do use the snipping tool a lot and am comfortable with it.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

That is good to know.  I tried it and it worked, sort of.  I work with two screens and it screenprinted both.  I googled how to do only one screen and none of what any one said worked.  So the snipping tool is the best one for me so far.  I do use the snipping tool a lot and am comfortable with it.  

I do print screen and also have 2 screens. So when I use the Paste As A New Image in PSP, I get both of them. I just use the crop tool and get rid of the half I don't want. That works best for me because I'm usually going to save the image and can easily do that in PSP.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

LESSON 3 - My House Finches Love Grape Jelly ... who knew? I thought it was for the Baltimore Orioles who are not here yet. Meanwhile the finches are loving it!

HOUSE FINCHES_600.jpg

Did you make that plaid, it's very nice.  So are the flowers.  I have those finches too.  Never occured to me to try grape jelly.  I'd like to give them a treat, something different than the same old Wild Birds Unlimited seed and the yukky dried mealworms they get during nesting and cold times.  I always think they are going to come back alive....in my house!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

they are not actually worms, they are dried insect casings and not likely to "come alive" LOL

Whew!  I watch too much giant-insect-eating-people movies.  Geez, I'd hate to see how they harvest them.  The package said mealworms so I thought they were worms.  Either way, they look creepy and smell weird too.  The things we do for birds/squirrels eh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Whew!  I watch too much giant-insect-eating-people movies.  Geez, I'd hate to see how they harvest them.  The package said mealworms so I thought they were worms.  Either way, they look creepy and smell weird too.  The things we do for birds/squirrels eh?

I just deleted my image and replaced it with one that I added new art for the "grapes" in the lower right corner. Wasn't happy with the watercolor grape art.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2023 at 11:13 AM, Ann Seeber said:

One of the reasons I keep taking this class is I love to play with the tablescape. This time I added a piece from the Double Page workshop last month as I like to read with my lunch! 

LESSON 2-TABLE AND SANDWICH_600.jpg

I see you keep your phone handy too.  LOL

  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Corrie Giesen Welcome to the Bootcamp. Looking forward to seeing your projects.

@Ann Seeber Great page. May I be very picky? If you look at the shadows inside the flowers, they indicate a light coming from the top right, while all yours are from the top left. To be consistent, you would need to mirror those flowers. Do you see that?

@Anne Burgess That is a cute layout! Somehow, I always thought that PSP refused to handle images of currencies. 

If you have not finished your first project, don't worry, you still have all day tomorrow to work on it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

LESSON 3 - My House Finches Love Grape Jelly ... who knew? I thought it was for the Baltimore Orioles who are not here yet. Meanwhile the finches are loving it!

 

HOUSE FINCHES_600.jpg

I realized I forgot to report the details:

Title Font = Gil Sans Ultra Bold + Heart Things 2 / ID Font = Freestyle Script / My photo = iPhone XS - 4/2023

Scatters = ps_marisa-lerin_34745_be-mine-squares-scatter / Flowers = SDE_AnAutumnView / Grapes = NicePNG

Background plaid = AHA_somewhereintime_papers04 / Vertical strip = AHA_somewhereintime_papers11

  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

LESSON 3 - My House Finches Love Grape Jelly ... who knew? I thought it was for the Baltimore Orioles who are not here yet. Meanwhile the finches are loving it!

A delightful page that made me smile. I love your colour choices.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought I'd like a change away from my photos of flowers, birds, trees and cathedrals. So, I am going to use books I have loved as my themes for each of the bootcamp projects.

Project 1 is Crow Country by Mark Cocker. He writes about his love of birds, in particular the covid family - rooks, crows and jackdaws. It is a lovely piece of nature writing set mainly in Norfolk in the UK and, many years ago, it inspired me to take more interest in birds.

The images are all from the book cover. The words are the title and subtitle. The two papers I used were made by me - a simple colour fill with a texture added via EFFECTS then TEXTURE EFFECTS.


Project 1 600.jpg

Edited by Sharla
  • Like 2
  • Love 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Sharla said:

I thought I'd like a change away from my photos of flowers, birds, trees and cathedrals. So, I am going to use books I have loved as my themes for each of the bootcamp projects.

Project 1 is Crow Country by Mark Cocker. He writes about his love of birds, in particular the covid family - rooks, crows and jackdaws. It is a lovely piece of nature writing set mainly in Norfolk in the UK and, many years ago, it inspired me to take more interest in birds.

The images are all from the book cover. The words are the title and subtitle. The two papers I used were made by me - a simple colour fill with a texture added via EFFECTS then TEXTURE EFFECTS.


Project 1 600.jpg

I love corvids.  This is beautiful.  If you want to follow a corvid (and other) photographer with a wonderful blog full of crow characters from Vancouver, BC (Canada) check out June Hunter.  Her work is amazing and I'm lucky to have a few hanging in my house.  

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Day 3 - Project 1

I used various papers and elements from the bundled kits from Jessica Dunn-Frosty Fall (the mini was provided in the bootcamp).  I did adjust some of the colors of the papers and elements to fit my idea.  The scatter was from one leaf that I made duplicates of and turned them various ways (then grouped them so I could move, resize and duplicate the group as needed).  

Fonts are: Night Wolf from Creative Fabrica and Arial Rounded MT Bold from Windows

Photo is mine.  

Carole:  I posted in the gallery too, but made a boo-boo and didnt put it in project 1, how do I delete it and/or move it to the project 1 folder?

 

BC Project 1-Drake-600.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Cassel unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...