Mask Workshop 2023

Cassel

6 minutes ago, MoniqueN. said:

I used a branch brush, couldn't find another that I liked, at first I didn't like that one either, but then I rotated it on the right side and now it looks better. Not my best work, but it's ok for now.

I wonder how it would have looked if you had used the Rotation jitter in the Brush Variance palette to brush that mask all round the edges?? Did you try?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cassel said:

I wonder how it would have looked if you had used the Rotation jitter in the Brush Variance palette to brush that mask all round the edges?? Did you try?

No, I haven't. ? Will give it a try later, I will finish the rest of the lessons first.? Is rotating in the brush variance palette a lot different then when you rotate in the presets at the top?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MoniqueN. said:

Is rotating in the brush variance palette a lot different then when you rotate in the presets at the top?

Very different. In the settings, you set ONE angle. In the Brush Variance, it will "vary" so if you set it to about 100%, the rotation will be all over the place. You can always review the two classes on Brush Variance palette.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cassel said:

Very different. In the settings, you set ONE angle. In the Brush Variance, it will "vary" so if you set it to about 100%, the rotation will be all over the place. You can always review the two classes on Brush Variance palette.

Thank you! Will look for the classes ??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MoniqueN. said:

Lesson 5

I used a branch brush, couldn't find another that I liked, at first I didn't like that one either, but then I rotated it on the right side and now it looks better. Not my best work, but it's ok for now.

I really forgot how much fun masks are to make and use!?

les 5-600.jpg

Quoting my own project, but wanted to ask if the English I used is ok? ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Your English is better than mine!  And I'm a Canadian (English speaking)!  I'm a bad Canadian who miserbly failed French (our second language).  

Oh thank you! *blushes* ?

I thought "when she notice one of the men" had to be notices instead of notice ?

• Like 1

Day 7

the small photos are made with a Free script from Cassel in the store : cass-polaroid
Sticker: Master class Title Work 3.

I enjoyed participating in this Workshop for the third time, and to see the various beautiful pages you have made.

Thank you Carole for reviewing our work.

large.556288788_23_02_WorkshopMasks07_600.jpg.70e043ee47de15d518577c13985c34d5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

Actually, notices would be correct in that sentence. 

1 hour ago, MoniqueN. said:

Oh thank you! *blushes* ?

I thought "when she notice one of the men" had to be notices instead of notice ?

Oops, I never noticed that. Further proof that my English is not very good.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marie-Claire said:

Day 7

the small photos are made with a Free script from Cassel in the store : cass-polaroid
Sticker: Master class Title Work 3.

I enjoyed participating in this Workshop for the third time, and to see the various beautiful pages you have made.

Thank you Carole for reviewing our work.

large.556288788_23_02_WorkshopMasks07_600.jpg.70e043ee47de15d518577c13985c34d5.jpg

Marie - I sure enjoy your pictures of your dog - Poncho - isn't that his name?  I also enjoy your layouts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lesson 7

I made polka crosses? ?The Outlander subject wasn't suitable for dots, a bit ( a wee bit as the Scottish would say) to sweet, I need a though one. So I looked for another brush and found the cross.

I was playing with the scale, rotation and size, tried two things on the same layer instead try and retry on a different layer, and both settigs on the same layer gave a fun effect, so I kept it.

The sign and flowers are from pixelscrapper, made by Billie Irene and Marisa Lerin.

Now up to the extra's ?

I think this workshop is one of my favourites ? Thanks again , Carole!?

les7-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 6

On 2/26/2023 at 1:51 PM, MoniqueN. said:

Lesson 7

I made polka crosses? ?The Outlander subject wasn't suitable for dots, a bit ( a wee bit as the Scottish would say) to sweet, I need a though one. So I looked for another brush and found the cross.

I was playing with the scale, rotation and size, tried two things on the same layer instead try and retry on a different layer, and both settigs on the same layer gave a fun effect, so I kept it.

The sign and flowers are from pixelscrapper, made by Billie Irene and Marisa Lerin.

Now up to the extra's ?

I think this workshop is one of my favourites ? Thanks again , Carole!?

les7-600.jpg

I Love your work all the time wished I could do this its Great all of you guys are so amazing.    

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MoniqueN. said:

What a difference! I didn't like the first one I made, (the brown one), then I rememberd I had a mask made at a previous Mask workshop. Now I used it again and with a gradient added it looks far better!

Diana Gabaldon600.jpg

Outlander 6.jpg

I agree, the new one is much brighter, more readable and the mask is attractive. I'm enjoying  your "fan pages" for Outlander. I did a series of calendars a year or so ago featuring the show Downton Abbey as a gift for my granddaughter but also ended up printing them for myself! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

I agree, the new one is much brighter, more readable and the mask is attractive. I'm enjoying  your "fan pages" for Outlander. I did a series of calendars a year or so ago featuring the show Downton Abbey as a gift for my granddaughter but also ended up printing them for myself! 

Yes, I remember that, loved it, both the calender and the series!?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1