Some changes coming for 2023

Cassel

As part of my plan to always improve this site and its content to suit what you want, some changes will take place in 2023 in the forum.

You will notice that, between Christmas and New Year, the forum will be unavailable for a short period of time (maybe a day or two) and then, the forum will completely change format. The new forum will make it easier to quote, to insert images from the gallery, and you will be able to give "likes" and such. I know it will be different and will require a bit of adjustment, but I feel it will be better for all the members.

I hope you will appreciate the "upgrade".

Yeessss!   so many times I’ve read things here or have seen cards and LOs, and I don’t feel like writing a big paragraph saying how much I like it or what I especially like, but would like to let the author know I enjoy what I’ve read or seen.  Especially this week in the “what are you doing in December” thread….sooo many hugely funny, cute, inspiring, interesting cards, LOs and posts I’ve enjoyed reading, but have been pretty sick and not feeling up to chitter chatter.

I would just like to hit the like button!

Merry Christmas, Carole, and all the Paintshoppers out there!

Looking forward to seeing what forum software you will be using. I love the other forums I'm on that have the "like" feature. I use it often! I do hope there is a "new posts" feature as well.

Will you be letting us know through the FB page when this will be happening? An announcement there when it goes down and comes back up would be nice so we aren't trying to get to the site.

Will we need to reregister with the new software?

Happy holidays to all!

Will we need to reregister with the new software?

I don't think so. It is just like the Gallery (using the same platform) and it integrates with the current site login so that should be seamless. For those who are familiar with it, I will be using the same platform as Scrap Girls. Once the migration is complete, I will still need a little bit of time to configure everything for our use.

Will you be letting us know through the FB page when this will be happening? An announcement there when it goes down and comes back up would be nice so we aren’t trying to get to the site.

I don't think the whole site will be under maintenance. If anything, it would just be the forum that will not be available for a day or two since it is installing a separate platform and not working directly on this one. But I'll try to notify everyone, either on FB or by email.

I too will be curious to see all the changes and like the idea to give a like or short comment just at the layout someone does and not 10 posts later or so. I hope everything goes well with the transition and with some guidence from you we all will adapt very soon to the new look. So thank you for all the work you put into this for our benefit!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...