August TUT/TECH Challenge - Watercolor

Cassel

The laptop I'm using doesn't have all of my recourses installed.  So it's a pretty basic layout. I used a brush which  I already had installed, and a photo I took off my camera.  The depth of field isn't to much, ideal to give that all round dreamy effect, whilst still focusing on the butterfly and the  Alf Alfa flower it is on.

This was created from a screenshot from an Explore live Osprey cam. I had fun playing with it. This is one of this years fledglings flying off the perch (not it's first flight) One thing I did do was activate the original layer at the back and reduced it opacity wayyy down to just fill in some of the areas that I had not brushed in instead of leaving that part white.

Thank you Susan. As I said, I used the original photo for the background paper, blurred and lightened it greatly. I used the texture, grain fine. Which comes with PSP. As I said in my butterfly serenity watercolour post, which I posted earlier today, I don't have all of my resources on this laptop.

Ann, nice work on the watercolour technique. I use the buttonize tool for many effects, but not on borders. May I suggest you use the cut out tool. Place a very small light shadow on the right and bottom of the inside of the mat to give a little depth. Also, and I don't know why, but you are missing shadowing on the top inside of the white frame and the outside bottom of the white frame.

Thank you Sue, for the explanation. Now I understand what you meant about the background layer, it just takes twice (or more) for the words to pernitrate my thick skull.   Nice to see you are able to get out to photograph on your time away.

Ann, Buttonize?  I saw that and didnt go near it because, well, I thought it turned stuff into a button.  hahaha.  I really did think that, why else would they call it that?  I should've just tried it.  I like the framed pieces you and Sue do and would like to try it too. But still not quite sure how to go about it.  so much to learn and precious little time; retirement cant come fast enough.

Thank you Susan. Although I have taken lots of photos since being home, the photos I've used in this challenge are what I took before leaving. We don't have Pelicans in Wales. Amongst other things you are going to have to learn not only PSP terminology, and names of many tools, but also scrapbooking terminology. Lol. There are 2 masterclasses on framing. Although I have adopted my own varying techniques. Over the years, by request, I have given detailed instructions on how I have created some of my more elaborate frames.