August RANDOM Challenge (2022)

Cassel

Random-Challenge.jpg

Here is a challenge to do something that might not be repeated in other months. Just an idea that popped like that (and you can also send me suggestions for occasional random challenges too).

This week, I generated a series of conditions from our Random Challenge Generator. These are the criteria that came up:

Number of photos: 1

Paper Pattern: Text paper (tutorial HERE)

Embellishment 1: Doilies (tutorial HERE)

Embellishment 2: Stitching (tutorials HERE, HERE)

Embellishment 3: Barcode (tutorial HERE)

You can create those elements following the tutorials inside the membership, or use ready-made ones. It is ok either way.

So, what will you create?

Guest Guest

so - here is my result

Old pictures... when you can't even read anything behind the picture - who was who, who took the picture, when...

The quality of the picture is not always very good either - lighting and sharpness etc... the picture was taken - maybe in the 50s here in Finland

I took a picture of an old hand-sewn handkerchief. (when I couldn't open the stitching tutorial)

Because one of the criteria for this challenge was a barcode, I immediately thought of the Magazine Challenge of last year and decided to make another page for a magazine. I used one of the templates but changed it a bit to suit what I had in  mind. I made a text paper and a doilie. The barcode I did last year and for the stitching I used the Decorative Stitches Brush by Carole. My photo of this spent flowers I took last week and I used another one for the title. Thanks to last evening's masterclass I understand the text cutting tool now, I don't understand why I was afraid of it! Fonts are Stencil and for the text Gil Sans. There are no shadows because this is suppost to be a Magazine page.

When I looked at the criteria and saw stitches and barcode, I could not imagine what I might make. But I recently went on the prohibition tour that is the subject of this project. I had a doily, downloaded some simple stitches (which I've never attempted to do), then made the rest. I like these random assignments. When I have the time, they do challenge me.

I created the text paper, barcode and white stitching by following the tutorials. It was fun - I certainly learnt some new things along the way.

Photo by Ena Marinkovic at pexels.com

Doiley: PS_JanetScott_BeMine_PurpleDoily (digital scrapbook)