April 2022 - RANDOM Challenge

Cassel

Random-Challenge.jpg

Here is a challenge to do something that might not be repeated in other months. Just an idea that popped like that (and you can also send me suggestions for occasional random challenges too).

This week, I am providing you with a DIY template. Just like those "some assembly required" kits that you can buy for a shelf, a chair, or a picnic table, I am including a 3600x3600 pixels canvas with 5 shapes. You HAVE to use those 5 shapes in the size and proportions they are. You can move them, rotate them, flip them, rearrange the layering if you want. So it is like all the pieces to build a DIY shelf: you cannot change the size of the pieces but you can use them creatively.

Obviously, you will want to recolor them, or replace them by papers, photos, etc. We just need to be able to recognize the five initial shapes.

Here is a preview of the shapes involved.

April2022-LayersChallenge.jpg

Download your DIY set here.

If this type of challenge is popular, I might add it as a regular challenge instead of a random one.

for the background I used the photo and converted it with pic to paint. I used a texture on the three surfaces and made two of them  transparent. I made of the black layer a mask. I duplicated the mask group three times.

it's a bit busier than what I'm used to, but it's a creation of the moment, had a busy day, but a nice day, that will reflect in this creation I suppose.

Yeah, I thought it was a bit different. I remembered seeing this challenge once, many years ago, but it had a lot more layers (like a dozen or so). I didn't want to scare anyone to start. If it proves popular, it might become a regular challenge. I would call it the DIY challenge :)

Here's my random challenge.  I liked doing this because it was a challenge not to resize or delete stuff and because there wasnt too many elements.  the curly-q was really curly-q-y so I hid most of it.  both photo's are morning shots, the moon was today.  I dont have a long lens for the moon but it doesn't stop me from taking the shot.  I think it's bohemian waxwings that just appeared in the viewfinder so I snapped one off.  The other picture is a sunset from another province (BC) but had birds in the sky to tie it in.  Made masks of the big square and circle, duplicated the mask groups before merging them so I could put a selection frame around it.  gradient on the curly-q.  background paper darkened, and used again for the paint splash but lightened.  Kitty has a bigger shadow, I'm pretending it's a real cat, but I think I like Bonnie's "pets" better!  papers from DS and kitty from CF. No title because I used up too much words on this explanation and now I'm all out of words.  I can't talk/type anymore today....I wonder if that's why my husband is grinning and doing a happy dance.

Guest Guest

Now I get an idea... and like Susan - without title

May this be thanks to our Creator for our beautiful home - Earth.

I liked this very different Random Challenge and like most of us I wanted to change the dimensions of the papers etc. I used a photo of the Ceanothus that at the moment is flowering magnificiently in our courtyard. I made the plaid as a background, but that overpowered the photo to much and it is now on the doodle and all the colors are taken from my photo; the font is Cralione one of the many freebies by Creative Fabrica.

For the coming weeks I'm visiting my daughter, son in law and the grandkids in America  and I'm very happy that it is possible to travel again. I however shall miss you all, but I'll check in once in a while to see all the lovely pages that are being made. It's a pity that I miss Scrapbook Day (Weekend)...... but that is a small price to pay. See you in 4 weeks time, take care!

Susan, Monique and Ann thanks for the good wishes and I must say I'm very excited to be able to see them all. Ann you don't have to miss me totally because I will check and possibly comment here on all the fantastic pages that will be posted. I don't take my (big) laptop with me so I'm not scrapping, but on my tablet I can follow what is going on here and hope to come back with lots of photos and new ideas.

Thank you Marie-Claire and of course I will make lots of photos and not only of the family. I hope to have many that later this year will be used in scrapbookpages, at least if the weather will be okay.

Monique it is difficult not to resize isn't it!  But your result of this challenge is great looking!