What are you working on (March 2022)?

Cassel

Liz, you have posted some wonderful layouts! And Pinochio was one of my favorite stories - the book is better than the Disney version!

Anne Lamp, your layouts for Peace are beautiful - something we all need!

Marie-claire, you showcase pictures of your dog beautifully!

Susan, Ann and Trish - love your layouts!

Corrie, Sue, and Linda -great work as always.

Lynda - I did get Filter Forge this time round - it's interesting what you can do with what they provide - and it is great that you just have to go to the store to search and get the something you're looking for instead of having ALL that's available on your hard drive.

Lab 7 Mod 7.  Used a photo mosaic template I had made in a previous lab and changed it to accomodate a vertical and 2 horizontal pictures; papers are my own as is the glitter star.  Learned from Lab 7 Mod 7: quatrofoil pattern and chevron on the side (also this chevron negative) - they were used to produce the papers in the background of the layout and the background of the mosaic template of the pictures.  The font for the title is Bodini MT Black and the font for the narrative is Arial Rounded MT Bold.  This also was fun and I made several different papers for the quatrofoil and the chevron negative.  There was a small paper used in the layout illustrating this module which I worked on and I will show here - it doesn't have a background, but I saved the pspimage so that I could supply one if I wanted to later on.

Wow Mary, I love that layout and the blue snowflake paper is devine.  I think it's a wonderful idea doing the Labs, it is like taking classes and it looks like you are learning a lot of techniques.

I'm still pluggin' away with masks.  Today is  our torbie, Emi.  We called her our Beautiful Blessing (some sources on google said it's the Japanese meaning for Emi - google knows all, right? ?). We got Emi when Pye passed away on the operating table during a dental procedure - they had called me to come pick her up and in the 8 min drive her heart stopped.  Tesh went downhill without her lifelong sister.  We searched and searched and found Emi, at the Humane Society, they called her a "cattitude" cat, meaning she had behavior issues and might never want to be handled.  They couldn't have been more wrong.  She was a cuddle bug after settling in and had this amazing zest for life and play.  If a cat could laugh, that was her.  After about 6 months Tesh warmed up to her and they started sleeping together regularly.  Sadly, Emi was very lethargic and weak one Sunday (the day before completely fine) and we rushed her to emergency. After 24 hours in an oxygen chamber we said goodbye to her.  It was believed her heart valve failed.  This was the hardest page to make.  Tesh, who we found out had pancreatitis (through ultrasound)  and who had a fabulous pain-free year thanks to our wonderful vet (NOT the same vet as Pye) passed over the rainbow bridge 2 month later.  Still to come are my current (living) gals and our very first cat who lived a long full life.

The fonts for Beautiful Blessing (using the character map) is Octagon and I forget the title font.  I made dots in two colors and was deciding which I liked and I could see the other color slightly offset (I made two separate images for the dots, for the practice) and liked the effect so I kept it.

Trish - your E is beautiful; that lace looks like a bridal veil.

So I guess I'm on a roll. Usually it's hard to determine what picture(s) to use when pursuing the labs. The colors I had used iin creating papers usually determines what I'm going to use. This is Lab 7 Mod 8. Learned to make a triangle pattern and I made several papers with it. I used green for this one. The pattern is with an open background, so I supplied a lighter green for this background; learned to make a random pattern (Carole chooses a heart to make the random pattern and so I did too) - one of the results is the small paper behind the picture; learned to make a circler wooden round into a painted wooden round (the paint does not completely cover the wooden object - it's in the bottom left corner of the layout. Think I will go back and make a rectangle or square object also - could see using them more than a round one. Used the open background down arrow paper I made before and changed the background color of it to white. The font used was Brush Script MT. The daises and leaves are from picture tubes. The background which makes a frame for the triangle background paper is a gradient which I chose with a 45 degree angle to flood fill the layer. It's fun learning in the labs. Sometimes I go back and redo things learned in an earlier version. I do enjoy the Diamond Membership!

I'm lost! I can't stop playing with PSP 2022 and now Filter Forge also!

So I stayed up last night and came up with this using one of Carole's masks, instead of using it for one picture, I decided to use it for 6 pictures and then had a time with the frames so that the pictures are shown as just slightly overlapping. Whew! The font is Bernhard Tango BT - chiseled and inner beveled with PSP and then Simple Emboss with Filter Forge. The frame on the background is mine which was chiseled. The fall leaves scatter are from a picture tube and all were recolored gold. The background paper is mine.

I'm with Mary, I find it quite addictive when I get going on PSP 2022.  On my website I try to get something to change, if only a little, so it doesn't look neglected.  Yesterday I added my latest graphic for the Diary section.  It's a Preset Shape wheel, sectioned-off in places and wood patterns added to it with a twist of the pattern with each spoke and section of the wheel-rim.  My favourite script Copper-It was used to copper the leaves with Celtic season labels.  These have two shadows one for the wooden rim and one, deeper, for underneath.  The pointer on the right is leather on a rock created with a Filter Forge stone embossed with a spiral pattern (looks very Gaelic).

The Daffodils was put through the Word Slats script.  I have kept the psp file so can use the wheel again for the other special days by swivelling the leaves and re-doing the drop shadow.

I have stop myself adding everything I have...  I barely stopped myself adding frost to the winter phase!  I'll get on with the next picture that will probably be a Mother's Day picture pointing genealogy users at a women's list, maybe.

Brian - yes - I told my granddaughter I was addicted to PSP2022 and making the layouts and she told me I was really OCD (obsessive) - Maybe that's why I identify with Monk! lol!

I redid the open down arrows small paper and this is one of the results. It works better and I made a bunch of them to go with various themes. The previous one was kind of rough!

This has noting to do with the current projects.  A fellow chatter on an Explore live cam is in one of the cities in the Ukraine that has been hit hard.  I created this with the colors from both flags and cut out an oval with the Eclipse tool, gave it some extra noise, added the black dove, duplicated it and made it white, then resized the top dove just a little and added the text.   I then opened it in a different program and added the border around the eclipse.  I started out just going to do a simple project and it developed a mind of it's own.  So what's new.

I had a play using the Dividing Frames Filter Forge plugin as demoed by Carole in the last webinar. I needed to rejig a few things to accomodate my project. Using this template was a lot easier to place and show images of the Mini Scrapbooks, which I made from paper, card and glue (including the flowers) and bits and bobs like lace and buttons etc. I don't keep any for myself and all went to good homes. Hopefully they will get filled with photo's and things. One friend is going to store all her seed packets in the one I made for her. TFL