Quick Page Workshop - Feb 2022

Cassel

QP-Workshop-7: For this project I selected the Bluebonnet, the Texas State Flower, and filled all the frames with one picture. The Font I used is Spring Flowers. I ended up with a little extra space between the T and the e, so I played with the kerning a bit. Then I added a smaller bluebonnet graphic that I exported to my picture tubes a few years ago.

My Day 7 pages.  this has been fun and I sure can see the value of having Quick Pages at the ready in the Supplies folder.  Looking forward to the Masks workshop.  One question about that script that finds extra pixels (I forget the name).  Is this a good thing to have for when you are erasing with the eraser tool and might miss some pixels.  I've always wonder what that script was about.

Euka, (#71852) yes, you cheated a bit, but it fits the quick-page very well. Why not? After all, it should be a QUICK page! :)

Paul, (#71854) thanks for the reference. I might get some. (#71856) We call those "Dad jokes".

James, (#71859) the title might need to be enlarged. I think it is a combination of the "fanciness" of the font itself and the busy background. But if you made the title on two lines, by enlarging it, it might stand out more.

Julie, (#71864) I think you might want to tweak the placement of the title on your page so it does not overlap any element that should be thick and where you would not write. Maybe split your title in two lines? (#71898) Fun penguins! And I to wish the lurkers would post their projects.

Lynda, (#71865) yes that is what I was talking about. It is ok. Quick-pages are like templates: they are a starting point. After that, you use your knowledge of PSP to tweak it. (#71890) Have you considered using the Warp brush to slightly warp the "save the date" since it is sitting directly on a raised paper? (#71909) Flat Stanley is quite a fun idea! Interestingly, he can also travel by mail!! (#71956) Great display of multiple photos.

Liz, (#71872) those are great starting pages. (#71878) You are really catching up!

Monique, (#71881) that is a very interesting way to use a photo (four sizes). (#71915) I hope we will see more of this garden in the coming spring.

Anita, (#71884) the kerning is going to stay from the last time you used it. Maybe you created something like stitching and adjusted the kerning for it, or you might have run a script that changed it. By default, it should be set to 0. (#71953) That is certainly a way to complete a quick-page... quickly

Randy, (#71900) posting in the What are you working on? is still true! We use a separate thread simply so that everyone posting is familiar with others' projects. (#71905) Your solution is very creative and effective!

Bonnie, (#71917) now we are waiting for your pickleball class for deers! We want photos!

Corrie, (#71921) do you have all those butterflies in your garden?

Trish, (#71924) it looks great to have a fainted version of the photo on your page. (#71926) And those swans are so beautiful. Did you "cheat" and use several spots for a single image or are they really are individual images?

Mary, (#71929) I wish I could make a butterfly garden here with native plants too! (#71977) That is a well-tweaked quick-page!

Ann, (#71932) great use of multiple photo spots for a single photo. (#71959) I never get tired of those cat photos.

Anne, (#71934) that is quite an interesting use of photos that would otherwise not stand out much.

Marie-Claire, (#71937) starting late is not a problem! Glad to see you post. (#71945) Nice beach photo. Perfect for that quick-page.

Susan, (#71970) to answer your question, that script can certainly be used for that. It was meant mainly for those who want to extra elements from photos to use like picture tubes or simple png elements, so in a way, it would do the same thing if you want to remove background.

QP-7 Workshop: I used some 0f the Texas Wildflowers for this one. Font is was one of my regular Windows Fonts, Footlight MT Light and I filled the text with colors from one of the Wildflower pictures. This week went by quickly, and I had a lot of fun with all the QP pages. Thank you Carole for these inspiring workshops.

Carole that is a good question, We were sitting my the river at a cafe,  a bit nervous as swans can do damage and we were eating, they are like pigeons when it comes to food, there was a large number of them , moving around and coming to the table for food, they loved my ice cream, and they got a bit too close for comfort and they did get pushy.  I just took shots, they all basically look the same, so in answer to your question .... your guess is as good as mine.