Masks Workshop 2022

Cassel

Nancy, there is no cutoff time to post. The thread will stay open however, there won't be any regular feedback posts from me, and the lessons won't be available after today, except for the DIAMOND members. If you join, even if only for the trial period, you will have access to all the lessons as long as you are a member.

Lesson 7 - I had to go back a few lessons to know how to create the mask layer. I thought I'd remember how to do it but nope! Think I might need to go back to all the lessons and have a recap! Definitely going to have a go at more polkadots and other shapes.

Anyhow, here are my grandchildren, dressed up in their halloween pyjama's - The Boo Crew :)

Hi all, I'm about ready to throw in the towel on Lesson 7. I can create the border out of dots with the paintbrush, but FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I cannot convert that into a MASK. And I've tried so many times! I've followed the written directions I made from the first video, then re-watched that video, then copied and pasted Carole's instructions from the lesson into a Word document, and followed those instructions. Nope, not working for me.

In the screenshot, I have hidden the photo but included the layers palette at right. Help, please......! Someone.....

Julie, you are almost there. In the Layers palette, do you see that the mask you currently have has some "white frame" made of dots? That is ok so far. White is a window so you have STARTED it. It matches the black dots you are seeing on your canvas because that is what you have underneath, but it could as well be a full layer of a solid color, you would see the exact same thing THROUGH the white window.

Now, make a rectangular selection that would select INSIDE that frame, and fill it with ... white (for a window).

Finally....whew!....Lesson 7 with mask and dots and a few other things thrown in. I happened to see a repeat special performance on TV of Roy Orbison on the weekend. I was reminded what an amazing talent he was. I've always been a fan. More now than even then.

I have enjoyed all the Masks lessons, but I have to say that they ate up a lot of my time. I had to re-do and re-work so many of them so many times! Slow learner here. Thanks Carole and everyone for the creative contributions and the support. I learned so much, but will forget much of it too.

In this project, I could've moved the mask and photo around (as per instructions), but I was so pleased that it worked at all that I didn't want to mess with anything!

Julie Magerka - Glad you love the lamb, and thanks.

The extra decorative elements on your Roy Orbison page look fab :)

I have loved doing the Masks Workshop but I too struggled with Lesson 7 and referred back to earlier lessons to remember how to create a mask etc. I hope my notes that I jotted down throughout the lessons will help me with creating more etc. When there are more than one action and instruction to do then I tend to forget all what I've learnt :) ;)