Alphabet Album - A

Cassel

Bonnie lovely page for the A. You have created a lot of work for the upcoming letters!

I have almost all the letters covered for this project apart from the Y. In Dutch we don't have words starting with a Y and I cann't think of any relation with my theme about my town with the words Yucca, Yogurt, Yin, Yen, Yankee, Yup, Yoga or Yes; they are all foreign words. But it will take a while to get to the Y, maybe I can think of something.

Y was a hard one for me as well. But, my town has multiple intersections that form a "Y". So I called mine "Y-Streets" and took photos of a few of them for the page.

X was another one but thinking outside the box I realized that my town has 9 railroad crossings (all the same line)! A couple pictures of a railroad crossing sign worked.

It took me this long to decide on an overall topic for my alphabet, but I finally came up with my book collection. Luckily, they are all on Amazon Kindle, so I have images for everything. Also, I don't have to have all the bookshelves that almost 800 volumes would require. ;-) So here is my Letter A, as Elmo would say.

Edit: I added a narrow border since my background blended too well with the page. Also, I forgot to mention, the monogram letter A is a font called CAT Altgotisch that I got for free from a site called 1001 Fonts.

Edit 2: Added a shadow to Elmo.

I like Rene's idea, so I'm going to try to make an album about the city where I live.

Now I just saw the first page of Ann, that's also a great idea!

Sue I can't wait to see your wall with your works, that is going to be very beautiful!

Mary  The album "Alphabet Soup" is also nice, every letter brings a surprise

Oh, Ann - I love to read too.  Before last year I had physically 2000 books and was looking at buying more when my people told me I did not have enough room for any more books and maybe I might consider getting rid of some.  Well, I also have Kindle books too.  But - I did get rid of 1000 books (boo hoo) but some went to our library which resells some they are given, and to some of my friend groups which greatly appreciated them.

I notice Rex Stout and Agatha Christie on your layout.  2 of my favorite authors!

Mary, I moved into a smaller home in Oct of 2018 and at that time I, also, had to wean out my book collection, though it wasn't as extensive as yours. I think I took 4 or 5 boxes of book to my local library where they put them on sale in their used bookstore. Meanwhile, I had been avoiding buying any physical books and concentrated on my Kindle collection. Which is how I ended up with 745 Kindle books. At least they don't take up any space.

Here is an update to my first Alphabet layout because I discovered I had missed a set of 5 books from George R.R. Martin, who is very important to me. You might have heard of his A Game of Thrones book which was made into a series on HBO. It is only the first in a series titled A Song of Ice and Fire, now 5 volumes and promised to be 7 all told, but we, his fans, are getting very impatient since the last book came out over 10 years ago! I also changed to a gradient on the monogram.

Edit: I moved the pile of books down to the bottom.

Edit: Hopefully my final edit. This assignment is making me a bit batty! LOL

I was just thinking that another "theme" that could be interesting if someone does not have any idea is "Around the house". It could be as simple as taking pictures of various objects you have that can have a story attached to them, whether they are family heirlooms or something that has a special meaning to you otherwise. So, in case you don't have any idea, this can be it!

Monique thank you, but I'm a bit tired of all those flowers I have done and yes I do have some lovely monograms with flowers which I will use another time. No I stick to my original plan and go for Etten-Leur! I already have lots of photos and it is easy to take the missing shots over the next months. It is just the letter Y, you know as well that we in Dutch very seldom have words starting with Y; trust me I used "de dikke van Dalen" and the internet. I looked for the Latin names of flowers/plants to see if I can make some sort of connection, but no not really. But it will take many month before we are at the Y. In the end I can always cheat and use a IJ instead.

Rene I like your idea of Y-streets and I checked my village's streetplan. But no, no Y-streets, if we once had them I don't know it are all T-streets and many crossings are changed to roundabouts these days. For the X I have choosen X-mas and no that's not Dutch but it is commenly used. Each language has its own difficult letters I suspect. It will be interesting to see what everybody is coming up with. It will certainly keep us busy this year.