Bootcamp - January 2022

Cassel

Ugh I went off the page and lost what I was posting.  Also for the first time ever I was not able to save as a pspimage for some reason (I kept getting an error msg)  - fortunately jpg was ok.

Love the amazing and creative pages being posted.  My notebook is getting full of inspirational ideas and suggested tweaks for improvement

The butterflies are from various, bee - Crazy Spring Beetles, sprinkles - Captivating Nights,  background paper - Blissful Butterflies, fonts Academy Engraved and Arial - the rest mine.

On tour - walk out the front door and look left and there is the magnificent hibiscus.  They can be messy but so pretty.

Hello,

It's great seeing everyone's creations :)

A little behind with the Projects but have done Day 2 with the table and sandwich :)

Added tea to the cup and turned it around as I like the handle on the right... As for a sandwich, layering a digital one is just as important as doing a real one... lettuce first, on top of bread, followed by tomatoes, onion and pickle... and then the meat, direct in the centre if its a round slice. Then reverse the bottom layers so that the 2nd piece of lettuce is beneath the top slice...

I'm feeling hungry now ;) :)

Carol, thanks for the compliments on my dog.

Day 5, project 2

This is a holiday photo from 2017, together with our friends on holiday in Austria. They have 2 Scottish Collies, one is my dog's brother. Before there was corona, we went for a walk with the dogs every day. The brothers have seen each other every day for 4 years. Due to the restrictions, they now see each other less and we see our friends less.

4n418cz2lhjlwo9oenvtv1etrqyfw5st.jpg

Here is the next Bootcamp project, Adventure-Logan-Bear Hug! My great-grandson Logan will turn one on Feb. 6. His gender reveal party was invaded by a real, live, young black bear so we use that as his totem. Papers from my stash; Cardinal is clipart from Corel, bears are from NicePNG, Logan's name is in Vladimir Script and the heading is Ravie font.

Oh, my!  Everything posted today looks wonderful.  Liz - now I see why you mentioned mermaids!!  Like your posting.

This is my Project 2.  The adventure was a trip we took in 2008.  All the papers are mine, the font is CooperBlkOul BT for the title and of course Arial Black for the narratives.  Oh, and the elements are mine also.  Love working through the labs - Carole has so much to teach us!  Thank you, Carole.

Day 3

The Moon picture is mine which I took on Monday 17th, and the pic of the wolf is from FREEpng's. I added a picture frame from PSP 2022 and also edited the edges slightly with the push setting on the warp brush. The background is from a set I bought from Etsy. A simple title and a font from PSP 2022 - Monotype Corsiva.

I can't find the Bootcamp Posts for Day 5 Project 3 (including the Sandwich). When I put in Bootcamp Day 5 I got last years posts so will you please put in the link of where to go to post on the Project Day's Directions. I had to change the Tag Below to Day 5 so I hope it goes to the right place!

I think there are glitches in PSP 2022. I sent screen prints to your email with the problems I am finding. Very frustrated today!

Mary, it is amazing the tiny change can make such a difference! You did a great match of the color of the papers with the colors in your photo.

Pirkko, yes, now we can appreciate the beautiful flowers.

Euka, glad to read that you take notes of all suggestions, even if they are not directed at your projects. That is what I hope! I wonder what kind of error you get when trying to save in .pspimage format. Do you remember?

Theresa, happy to see your sandwich. I see you are right-handed too! That is a great background paper for your moon photo. Very matching. Thanks for sharing where you got it.

Diane, yes, PixelScrapper is a great resource for scrapbook supplies! You are doing great with the shadows.

Peter, happy to see it as a refresher. If I could offer one suggestion, it would be to move the text slightly off the paper so it would not overlap two surfaces. If you were to write on a traditional paper scrapbook page, you would not write something overlapping like that.

Marie-Claire, I would repeat the exact same suggestion as I did to Peter, above. Move the text slightly to the right so the tail of the "y" does not touch the paper.

Ann, I hope you will document that story somewhere!!!

Jeff, I see you also added a  napkin too. Great start!

Liz, yes, I see that the paper is back in place.

Gramie, isn't the link to the forum thread on every page of the Bootcamp? Unless I had missed updating one? I like how you played with the shadows for the icicles.

Cindy, did you get all the emails or maybe some were lost or sent to your spam folder?

Day 5, staying with the winter theme, because it is cold today! This female red bellied woodpecker has been around daily. I keep looking for a male, but have not seen one.

I adjusted the page size, so I can print it on my printer. Again, not sure I like the shadow on the headline text, I tweeked it a bit, and put it on its own layer so I can delete it easily, if I want. I could not quite get this done yesterday, so I am glad to have 2 days and be able to finish it this morning.

The picture is another one from my college friend. She gets some of the best photos in her backyard. This one makes me laugh.

Carole - When creating the frame around the picture, I used a selection of the photo and expanded it by several pixels. I always got rounded corners for the expanded selection. It looked OK in this instance, but I need to figure out how to get sharp corners. THANKS.

The font is Flight 21 from Creative Fabrica.

Here is my submission for Project 1. I wanted to have the words stand out better but this was the best I could seem to do.

The picture is one I took sometime in the past.  I tried the one with the cornflower but the green seemed to overpower the blue so I tried this instead.

I used the Fall In Love item.

Thank you.

Any suggestions for improvement are welcome.

P. S. I have seen some very beautiful projects from others.  Thank you for sharing these works of art.