November FREEBIE Challenge (2021)

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Freebie-Challenge.jpg

Freebies are great resources that you can find in many places to build a library of elements, graphics, and tools. Since they are free, they are available to all.

Let's see how you can use some fun free elements in your next graphics projects.

It might just be early November, but it might be a good time to start making some Christmas projects, whether they are cards, decoration, or trying to catch up with last year Christmas photos! Check out these free holiday confetti picture tubes.

https://creationcassel.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/cass-ChristmasConfetti-600.jpg

Grab them HERE.

Are you up to the challenge? Post your projects in this thread or you can post them in our Facebook group.

What will you make?

I have the custom confetti script, which  does a great job. Wreath is one of my Xmas  elements.  The  glitter I  did using the script, after I found a couple of gem stones.  Frame is a simple one with an inner bevel.  I filled the letter B with the gingerbread, tilted to give an overflowing effect.  I'm sure the blue Jay will enjoy a gingerbread biscuit or two.

Cristina, when I saw your name under the November freebie challenge, I got quite excited, I thought you were back, and posted a page for the challenge. I saw your comment in facebook. I truly appreciate your kind comments. You are so kind. I hope to see your return very soon. Like you, Annie is also greatly missed. Take care.

Ah, Sue, thank you so much! <3 ... I think I will have to relearn how to scrapbook :) Probably it will feel like doing it for the first time... I was having issues with my creativity, so I expect that this pause will do some good, and I will be back full of ideas like when I started here... I still have the calendar pages waiting for me. :)

Meanwhile, I am having fun with the course.

I have been making some snowglobes for holidaycards and I did one with a gingerbread house inside, at least I think it is a gingerbread house. Then came this challenge which had gingerbread men and I put some of them inside the globe. I also got a gingerbread train freebie by CF. I scattered more little men around as well as the candies and the stars from this challenge. Background is a freebie from InkyDeals which I got for giving a review on some overlays I bought. At the bottom is a row of X-mas dingbats with gingerbread men. I indulged myself with all the freebies, but it is a freebie challenge after all and better so than eating them........

Enjoy as Annie would say, I hope to see her and Cristina back here soon!

For the November Freebie, I used one of my Christmas greetings from a few years ago, then added Cassel's star, gingerbread and cane picture tubes.  Our Mr. Mooch already had a candy cane. I have the Star confetti script, but I decided to duplicate the star tube layer and added the star in 2 sizes. For the font I selected Arienne for the S & G and the rest is Lucida Handwriting.

Last night's little project. I needed a break from creating tags, which are great fun to do. Ended up creating a tag for this page. For the red frame at the bottom, I used a bracket from a font. Used a mask to blur & colourize the edge of the main photo, a simple frame, my usual style of framing. Carole's freebie stars.

Corrie, I appreciate your kind comment, many thanks!  The frame may look complicated,  but it isn't once I have chosen the colours, which invariably comes from the photos I use.   I don't plan the borders either, I just go with the flow.  Keeping my projects quite minimal, means  that  they don't take  to long to do.

Trish, you are very kind, thank you!  As hard as you try to  keep you pages simple I try equally hard on occasion to create a page full of elements, but to  no avail.  Even though I like minimalistic,  I find your pages quintessence, and would love to be able to  create pages such as yours.  You must have a  an ineffable collection of kits.